Heroes of Might and Magic Community
visiting hero! Register | Today's Posts | Games | Search! | FAQ/Rules | AvatarList | MemberList | Profile


Age of Heroes Headlines:  
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
6 Aug 2016: Troubled Heroes VII Expansion Release - read more
26 Apr 2016: Heroes VII XPack - Trial by Fire - Coming out in June! - read more
17 Apr 2016: Global Alternative Creatures MOD for H7 after 1.8 Patch! - read more
7 Mar 2016: Romero launches a Piano Sonata Album Kickstarter! - read more
19 Feb 2016: Heroes 5.5 RC6, Heroes VII patch 1.7 are out! - read more
13 Jan 2016: Horn of the Abyss 1.4 Available for Download! - read more
17 Dec 2015: Heroes 5.5 update, 1.6 out for H7 - read more
23 Nov 2015: H7 1.4 & 1.5 patches Released - read more
31 Oct 2015: First H7 patches are out, End of DoC development - read more
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
[X] Remove Ads
LOGIN:     Username:     Password:         [ Register ]
HOMM1: info forum | HOMM2: info forum | HOMM3: info mods forum | HOMM4: info CTG forum | HOMM5: info mods forum | MMH6: wiki forum | MMH7: wiki forum
Heroes Community > Heroes 6 - The New Beginning > Thread: ~ Heroes 6 patch 2.1 - Bug reports ~
Thread: ~ Heroes 6 patch 2.1 - Bug reports ~ This thread is 12 pages long: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 · «PREV / NEXT»
natalka
natalka


Supreme Hero
Bad-mannered
posted May 20, 2013 01:50 PM

FrostyMuadDib thanks now I don`t have to see Ubish*t intro in the beginning. I think everybody should do that for speedy start of the game.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
SepSpring
SepSpring


Known Hero
posted May 20, 2013 04:40 PM

Sorry for reporting a non-existing bug: the "Mind Probe" ability of the Shadow Watchers is OK.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
frostymuaddib
frostymuaddib


Promising
Supreme Hero
育碧是白痴
posted May 20, 2013 08:15 PM

@BlueLore

It seems that this setting doesn't affect the intro that is displayed when you start dungeon campaign. You could try this, but I don't know if it will help. All movies are stored in <heroes-6-install-path>\Data\Movie foder (defualt on win7: C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Might & Magic Heroes VI\Data\Movie), so just rename Movie folder so that game cannot find it. It should then just start loading dungeon campaign. If this doesn't help, try running game in safe mode, it did help me a bit with some issues.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
ActionKermit
ActionKermit

Tavern Dweller
posted May 25, 2013 12:36 PM

I've been running into a bug involving the mana cost of spells cast by magic heroes. When I was doing the Necropolis campaign the cost of Life Drain and Agony steadily climbed to the point that it ended up costing around ~1450 mana to cast either one. Puppet Master had a similar cost by the time I could acquire it. As a result, I quickly learned how to use water spells on the Blood path and made those my primary tools, since their cost remained constant. Wanting to transfer this knowledge to the Sanctuary campaign, I found that the cost of the blizzard and frost bolt spells climbed to preposterous levels just like the dark spells had in Necropolis. After some testing, I found that the mana cost of spells for might heroes remained the same, and the cost inflation was limited to magic heroes (regardless of blood/tears path). Any idea as to why this might be happening and how to fix it? It's making my magic heroes pretty much unplayable.
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Athos
Athos


Adventuring Hero
posted May 25, 2013 03:17 PM

Quote:
I've been running into a bug involving the mana cost of spells cast by magic heroes. When I was doing the Necropolis campaign the cost of Life Drain and Agony steadily climbed to the point that it ended up costing around ~1450 mana to cast either one. Puppet Master had a similar cost by the time I could acquire it. As a result, I quickly learned how to use water spells on the Blood path and made those my primary tools, since their cost remained constant. Wanting to transfer this knowledge to the Sanctuary campaign, I found that the cost of the blizzard and frost bolt spells climbed to preposterous levels just like the dark spells had in Necropolis. After some testing, I found that the mana cost of spells for might heroes remained the same, and the cost inflation was limited to magic heroes (regardless of blood/tears path). Any idea as to why this might be happening and how to fix it? It's making my magic heroes pretty much unplayable.


It's a known bug with Dynasty Weapons that grant a reduction in mana cost, like the Soulreaver's 10% reduction in mana cost for Dark magic. With every save and load, the mana costs increase by multiples, until they're too high to cast.

There is no way to bring the costs back down once they've increased. The only workaround -- one I'm using at the moment -- is to remove the Dynasty Weapon before saving the game, or using a Dynasty Weapon that doesn't provide a reduction in mana cost.

I had to replay the Necropolis campaign because of this issue, so it's very unfortunate.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
ActionKermit
ActionKermit

Tavern Dweller
posted May 25, 2013 05:28 PM

Is there a way to get rid of the mana cost inflation by modding the savegame files or something like that? I'm not averse to getting my hands dirty with a hex editor, as long as it doesn't violate the ToS or anything.
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Athos
Athos


Adventuring Hero
posted May 25, 2013 06:45 PM

Quote:
Is there a way to get rid of the mana cost inflation by modding the savegame files or something like that? I'm not averse to getting my hands dirty with a hex editor, as long as it doesn't violate the ToS or anything.


That was my first instinct [edit the save file]. I looked online and couldn't find any savegame editor for Heroes VI, or any discussion of the process. I assumed it was because saves are also kept online, so editing them may invalidate them somehow. Others perhaps can be more definitive.

In the end, for me I could only abandon the campaign and start over always removing the staff before I saved -- quick save or regular. And turn of autosave while you're at it.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
NamelessOrder
NamelessOrder


Famous Hero
posted May 28, 2013 11:14 PM

I repeat after sym9800 b/c it is an important issue:

Quote:
Haven vs Dungeon in duel

At and only at the first turn, if the black dragon come next to the Griffin, triggering the "Terrifying Presence", then the Griffin use "Diving Attack", at the very end of the turn, the game Crashes.

____________
Uplay: ZergRusher | H6: Thoughts on duels | DoC: Cassa

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
blazejo85
blazejo85

Tavern Dweller
posted May 31, 2013 09:24 AM

Quote:
I repeat after sym9800 b/c it is an important issue:

Quote:
Haven vs Dungeon in duel

At and only at the first turn, if the black dragon come next to the Griffin, triggering the "Terrifying Presence", then the Griffin use "Diving Attack", at the very end of the turn, the game Crashes.



Well, I can only confirm that this crash exist and is quite easy to reproduce...

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Elodin
Elodin


Promising
Legendary Hero
Free Thinker
posted June 01, 2013 04:08 AM

The manna on my dungeon campaign main hero is bugged, and he has never touched any staff except for the Asha's Eightfold. His manna cost is about twice what it should be. Game breaking bug. Campaign over.
____________
Revelation

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Icewolfnector
Icewolfnector


Hired Hero
posted June 01, 2013 03:58 PM

Don't know if it is a bug or should be like that, but the assassins/shades backstab ability only works with shadow cloak but not with the racial. Meaning you only get the 10% damage boost from the racial on the unit but not the 20% from backstab.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Naki
Naki


Known Hero
posted June 01, 2013 10:15 PM
Edited by Naki at 14:33, 03 Jun 2013.

BUG FIXED: Summoned units (Elementals/Phoenix) now correctly get reduced initiative on the first turn of their summoning. (They did not before, always acting as the next unit in the battle.)

NEW BUG: However, after you cast a summoning spell, the game now takes a few seconds (3-4+ on my PC) to calculate the newly summoned unit initiative and move on to the next unit.

Expected: No such delay.

EDIT: Guys, please test this on your PCs - do you get this bug too?

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Maurice
Maurice

Hero of Order
Part of the furniture
posted June 03, 2013 12:23 PM

Quote:
The manna on my dungeon campaign main hero is bugged, and he has never touched any staff except for the Asha's Eightfold. His manna cost is about twice what it should be. Game breaking bug. Campaign over.


Are you sure it wasn't a Weekly effect that simply doubled spell mana costs?

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Elodin
Elodin


Promising
Legendary Hero
Free Thinker
posted June 03, 2013 12:54 PM

Quote:
Quote:
The manna on my dungeon campaign main hero is bugged, and he has never touched any staff except for the Asha's Eightfold. His manna cost is about twice what it should be. Game breaking bug. Campaign over.


Are you sure it wasn't a Weekly effect that simply doubled spell mana costs?


It was not Week of Mana Storm or any other special week.
____________
Revelation

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Naki
Naki


Known Hero
posted June 03, 2013 02:39 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The manna on my dungeon campaign main hero is bugged, and he has never touched any staff except for the Asha's Eightfold. His manna cost is about twice what it should be. Game breaking bug. Campaign over.


Are you sure it wasn't a Weekly effect that simply doubled spell mana costs?


It was not Week of Mana Storm or any other special week.

Do you get this doubled mana cost issue when fighting neutrals, or only enemy heroes? Might be a special artifact carried by enemy hero.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
frostymuaddib
frostymuaddib


Promising
Supreme Hero
育碧是白痴
posted June 04, 2013 01:27 AM
Edited by frostymuaddib at 01:28, 04 Jun 2013.

Another bug: I finished custom game after eight months and two weeks, and I received achievement for winning a game in two weeks

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Maurice
Maurice

Hero of Order
Part of the furniture
posted June 04, 2013 10:33 AM

Quote:
Another bug: I finished custom game after eight months and two weeks, and I received achievement for winning a game in two weeks


Did you restart the game (as a whole) and/or reload within a two-week limit of finishing that map? There was a bug with that achievement, which reset the counter after a reload / game restart - and if so, apparently they still didn't fix it .

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
frostymuaddib
frostymuaddib


Promising
Supreme Hero
育碧是白痴
posted June 04, 2013 02:15 PM

Quote:
Did you restart the game (as a whole) and/or reload within a two-week limit of finishing that map? There was a bug with that achievement, which reset the counter after a reload / game restart - and if so, apparently they still didn't fix it .


I did restart the whole game a few times because of black screens, but I am not sure if that happened during the last two weeks of the map, though it is quite possible.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Elodin
Elodin


Promising
Legendary Hero
Free Thinker
posted June 15, 2013 05:52 PM

My Advanced Town Portal bugged out on my main heroe in the inferno campaign, Map1 near the end. It works fine for my secondary heroes.

I don't know if the bug will carry over to Map 2 because playing on Hard I'm getting my butt handed to me time after time after time in the "special" battle after the last castle battle (on hard difficulty.)
____________
Revelation

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Athos
Athos


Adventuring Hero
posted June 16, 2013 02:55 PM

Quote:
My Advanced Town Portal bugged out on my main heroe in the inferno campaign, Map1 near the end. It works fine for my secondary heroes.

I don't know if the bug will carry over to Map 2 because playing on Hard I'm getting my butt handed to me time after time after time in the "special" battle after the last castle battle (on hard difficulty.)

Be sure that you don't already have two heroes in the target town when you're trying to use advanced town portal. That happened with me a couple of times and I thought something was wrong, until I realized the town was full. Other than that, advanced town portal has never had a problem for me.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Jump To: « Prev Thread . . . Next Thread » This thread is 12 pages long: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 · «PREV / NEXT»
Post New Poll    Post New Topic    Post New Reply

Page compiled in 0.0347 seconds