Heroes of Might and Magic Community
visiting hero! Register | Today's Posts | Games | Search! | FAQ/Rules | AvatarList | MemberList | Profile


Age of Heroes Headlines:  
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
6 Aug 2016: Troubled Heroes VII Expansion Release - read more
26 Apr 2016: Heroes VII XPack - Trial by Fire - Coming out in June! - read more
17 Apr 2016: Global Alternative Creatures MOD for H7 after 1.8 Patch! - read more
7 Mar 2016: Romero launches a Piano Sonata Album Kickstarter! - read more
19 Feb 2016: Heroes 5.5 RC6, Heroes VII patch 1.7 are out! - read more
13 Jan 2016: Horn of the Abyss 1.4 Available for Download! - read more
17 Dec 2015: Heroes 5.5 update, 1.6 out for H7 - read more
23 Nov 2015: H7 1.4 & 1.5 patches Released - read more
31 Oct 2015: First H7 patches are out, End of DoC development - read more
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
[X] Remove Ads
LOGIN:     Username:     Password:         [ Register ]
New Server | HOMM1: info forum | HOMM2: info forum | HOMM3: info forum | HOMM4: info forum | HOMM5: info forum | MMH6: wiki forum | MMH7: wiki forum
Heroes Community > Heroes 3.5 - WoG and Beyond > Thread: [HotA] Bugreports. Critical bugs.
Thread: [HotA] Bugreports. Critical bugs. This thread is 13 pages long: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 · NEXT»
nik312
nik312


Promising
Famous Hero
posted January 26, 2014 03:07 PM
Edited by nik312 at 17:33, 24 Dec 2014.

[HotA] Bugreports. Critical bugs.

So, this topic is for posting your reports about crashes, serious glitches or something else that makes the continuation of the game impossible/very unpleasant.

In case of a crash, please attach a crashlog from folder "Hota_logs". If there is no crashlog with proper creation date, then just try to describe your actions before the bug occured. Also, it is nice to find out if the bug is repeatable and if it occurs with/without HD mod

If you found some tiny thing that seems not like a definite bug, but rather like an imperfection (these are graphical mostly), then there is a separate topic for this here.


Of course, bugs should be reported only with latest HotA(/HD) version and with the game installed properly (no side-mods, that can change original game files).

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Galaad
Galaad

Hero of Order
Li mort as morz, li vif as vis
posted January 26, 2014 04:04 PM

Maybe not that critical but I had no music/only sound during some castle siege playing Marsh Scenario.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Snievan
Snievan

Tavern Dweller
posted January 26, 2014 05:18 PM
Edited by Snievan at 17:20, 26 Jan 2014.

Reporting in
Somehow units animation become laggy in combat if i use HD launcher.
It become normal when i reenter the game then become laggy again after some minutes.
Nothing happened when im using HotA launcher though.

Ps: Im using the latest launcher 3.673 and installed nothing other HotA

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
galo11
galo11


Hired Hero
posted January 26, 2014 06:25 PM

I've already reported that in main topic: http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=39830, but I do not know if You found it in, so I posted once again:
CRASH LOG
I have another error. I attach the log.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Storm-Giant
Storm-Giant


Responsible
Undefeatable Hero
On the Other Side!
posted January 27, 2014 12:53 AM
Edited by Storm-Giant at 01:02, 27 Jan 2014.



Bug: As it can be seen in the pic, the calculation of the luck is wrong. And I got bad luck on the fight.

Edit: I reloaded before the battle and the calculation is right, is the display the wrong one. The other hero has the Shaman's Puppet that reduces luck by 2...and as it can be seen in the pic, it shows -1 (should be -2).

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Galaad
Galaad

Hero of Order
Li mort as morz, li vif as vis
posted January 27, 2014 10:38 PM

Snievan said:

Somehow units animation become laggy in combat


I experience this as well

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Erathianer
Erathianer


Hired Hero
posted January 28, 2014 12:40 AM

Galaad said:
Snievan said:

Somehow units animation become laggy in combat


I experience this as well



me too! the movement with Sod is very fluent. when i play with the hd mod it looks like less frames in every unit movement.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Erathianer
Erathianer


Hired Hero
posted January 28, 2014 12:44 AM

BUG in hota map editor:


when i want to place a specific hero in a town, its not possible, it switches just to a random hero, no matter what i choose.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Hippox89
Hippox89


Famous Hero
posted January 28, 2014 12:32 PM

Erathianer said:
BUG in hota map editor:


when i want to place a specific hero in a town, its not possible, it switches just to a random hero, no matter what i choose.


Okay, this seem to be a bug introduced in 1.3.2. I have both the 1.3.1 and 1.3.2 version of HotA. 1.3.1 doesn't have this bug, but 1.3.2 have this bug that you described.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
zreozer
zreozer

Tavern Dweller
posted January 29, 2014 12:58 PM

Hi there!

I've found a bug on the Trial of Flame map. Namely, when my hero died along with the last creature on the map after casting an Armageddon on a battlefield, I didn't win (and I didn't lost), while all victory conditions became achieved. When I repeated fight and defeated an enemy, I received a victory message as usual.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Sav
Sav


Known Hero
posted January 29, 2014 01:08 PM
Edited by Sav at 13:08, 29 Jan 2014.

Quote:
Edit: I reloaded before the battle and the calculation is right, is the display the wrong one. The other hero has the Shaman's Puppet that reduces luck by 2...and as it can be seen in the pic, it shows -1 (should be -2).

Quote:
when i want to place a specific hero in a town, its not possible, it switches just to a random hero, no matter what i choose.

Will be fixed.


Quote:
Somehow units animation become laggy in combat if i use HD launcher.

You may try to use HD renderer 16 bit original.
I`ll also optimize animations in next updatem maybe it will help.

Quote:
I've already reported that in main topic: http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=39830, but I do not know if You found it in, so I posted once again:
CRASH LOG
I have another error. I attach the log.

It writes me: Free downloads are not available in your country.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Galaad
Galaad

Hero of Order
Li mort as morz, li vif as vis
posted January 30, 2014 12:41 AM

Sav said:
Quote:

Quote:
Somehow units animation become laggy in combat if i use HD launcher.

You may try to use HD renderer 16 bit original.



Seems to work !

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Benkei
Benkei

Tavern Dweller
posted February 04, 2014 04:01 PM
Edited by Benkei at 01:40, 05 Feb 2014.

I played the new Hota map The Challenge yesterday, and it sure was a challenge to finish (badum-tish!).

First of all, I bought a boat mid-game, that I couldnt access, the boat was placed in the corner of the island, where I couldnt move to it.

Second, there was a fat troll blocking the bridge, and I couldnt fight him. There is a computer player base pretty close to the troll and the computer player who lived there never got his Sawmill because of the blocking troll. The only way to get past him was taking a boat ride around the island.

Thirdly, and most oddly lol. For some reason my main hero Tazar cloned himself when I captured an Dungeon town and placed him to defend the town. Next turn, he was defending the town aswell as the visiting it, but the two heroes shared the same units and items (it wasnt a proper clone). The clone replaced another one of my heroes in the "hero bar" to the left, who then just froze in place for the rest of the game. I could have one Tazar in the base, and another one running around killing things, and then when I wanted to get back to the town the other one was defending, I just moved the defending one outside the town and Tazar teleported over there instantly. It sure was a odd experience lol. I could not however have two Tazars running around in the world, just 1 appeard on the map.

And last but not least, I could never finish the map because when I landed on a island to conquer the last town, and end my turn, the computer played my hero lol! And he always went back into the boat which I on my turn had left, and I got the message you see on the last image. The message couldnt be closed so my journeys ended then and there.
Not sure wtf caused this but it was kinda fun and odd while I atleast could play.




 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
hippox89
hippox89


Famous Hero
posted February 05, 2014 12:17 AM
Edited by hippox89 at 00:21, 05 Feb 2014.



Not really a critical bug but either purely an imperfection.

For about one frame, the creature's shadow in this example, and during idle animation, turns darker. I have noticed this thing happen before, but I just happened to catch it on video, so that I could report it. The funny thing about this bug is that it is not persistent. It'll only happen very rare. It happens with all kind of creatures I believe, though, not at the same time.


 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Storm-Giant
Storm-Giant


Responsible
Undefeatable Hero
On the Other Side!
posted February 05, 2014 10:36 PM
Edited by Storm-Giant at 22:57, 05 Feb 2014.

The marksman bug: when a shooter with double shot and one ammo left attacks, it uses two attacks (and ends with negative ammo, lol).



(Obviosly I tested with HotA, and it probably happens with any creature with double shot. Will check Grand Elves now).

Edit2: yeah, Grand Elves too.


____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
galo11
galo11


Hired Hero
posted February 06, 2014 05:38 PM
Edited by galo11 at 17:45, 06 Feb 2014.

During operation in the map editor:
http://egofiles.com/30KYY7pAe88SHnPT/hota map editor patcher_x86 dump.txt
http://egofiles.com/S8jr2nscwL4PzArF/hota map editor patcher_x86 log.txt
http://egofiles.com/WY3TXJ2eOBODDIJN/HOTA_MAP_EDITOR_CRASH_LOG.TXT

This error pops up routinely when using the "brush object", it crashs when tool use the "ruined camp" object.
During work for about one houre the editor crashed about 10 - 15 times. Always when I use "obstacle tool", after error on map occurs ruined camp.


 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Hobbit
Hobbit


Supreme Hero
subiroK ot għicosutak
posted February 06, 2014 08:13 PM

galo11 from AcidCave, during sieges:

Patcher Dump
Patcher Log
Crash log

Also, if any of HotA Crew is interested, here is bug report thread in AcidCave.
____________
Horn of the
Abyss on AcidCave

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Sav
Sav


Known Hero
posted February 06, 2014 08:15 PM

Quote:
Thirdly, and most oddly lol. For some reason my main hero Tazar cloned himself when I captured an Dungeon town and placed him to defend the town. Next turn, he was defending the town aswell as the visiting it, but the two heroes shared the same units and items (it wasnt a proper clone). The clone replaced another one of my heroes in the "hero bar" to the left, who then just froze in place for the rest of the game. I could have one Tazar in the base, and another one running around killing things, and then when I wanted to get back to the town the other one was defending, I just moved the defending one outside the town and Tazar teleported over there instantly. It sure was a odd experience lol. I could not however have two Tazars running around in the world, just 1 appeard on the map.

I think it SoD bug, heroes cloning, and many such bugs are fixed in HD mod (compatible with HotA).

Quote:
For about one frame, the creature's shadow in this example, and during idle animation, turns darker. I have noticed this thing happen before, but I just happened to catch it on video, so that I could report it. The funny thing about this bug is that it is not persistent. It'll only happen very rare. It happens with all kind of creatures I believe, though, not at the same time.

I can`t see this bug, maybe it is gone after animation optimisation for next update.

Quote:
The marksman bug: when a shooter with double shot and one ammo left attacks, it uses two attacks (and ends with negative ammo, lol).

Will be fixed in next update (SoD bug).

Quote:
This error pops up routinely when using the "brush object", it crashs when tool use the "ruined camp" object.
During work for about one houre the editor crashed about 10 - 15 times. Always when I use "obstacle tool", after error on map occurs ruined camp.

Strange error, seems like editor has no correct acces to HotA.lod. Maybe you should try to run it as administrator.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
hippox89
hippox89


Famous Hero
posted February 06, 2014 08:45 PM
Edited by hippox89 at 20:46, 06 Feb 2014.

Sav said:
I can`t see this bug, maybe it is gone after animation optimisation for next update.


When you say 'see' then you mean that you cannot replicate the bug, right? I hope it wasn't just my example that was unclear. I don't know the exact situation that triggers the bug to happen, it just does (very rarely). I forgot to say that HD mod was on, btw.

Anyhow, I'll let you guys know if it still happens after the next update.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
galo11
galo11


Hired Hero
posted February 06, 2014 09:32 PM
Edited by galo11 at 21:42, 06 Feb 2014.

Sav said:
Strange error, seems like editor has no correct acces to HotA.lod. Maybe you should try to run it as administrator.

It doesn't help. I run this as an administrator and bug still occours, I attached logs (when run as administrator).
http://egofiles.com/4lOBZx4rgni5olpb/HOTA_MAP_EDITOR_CRASH_LOG.TXT
http://egofiles.com/YNXjbDEOFEpG0oha/hota map editor patcher_x86 log.txt
http://egofiles.com/gX4pFf61xd79boem/hota map editor patcher_x86 dump.txt

Now brush object operates well on the "grass", on the other terrains throws an error. Map editor work perfectly good, only "brush objects" makes crashes.
Earlier it works on every type of terrain, but at the end of work began like overuse this object "rouined camp" (see picture below). Then stopped works and any attempt to use the "brush objects" in other than grass terrains ends and the accompanying crash logs.


 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Jump To: « Prev Thread . . . Next Thread » This thread is 13 pages long: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 · NEXT»
Post New Poll    Post New Topic    Post New Reply

Page compiled in 0.1028 seconds