Heroes of Might and Magic Community
visiting hero! Register | Today's Posts | Games | Search! | FAQ/Rules | AvatarList | MemberList | Profile


Age of Heroes Headlines:  
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
6 Aug 2016: Troubled Heroes VII Expansion Release - read more
26 Apr 2016: Heroes VII XPack - Trial by Fire - Coming out in June! - read more
17 Apr 2016: Global Alternative Creatures MOD for H7 after 1.8 Patch! - read more
7 Mar 2016: Romero launches a Piano Sonata Album Kickstarter! - read more
19 Feb 2016: Heroes 5.5 RC6, Heroes VII patch 1.7 are out! - read more
13 Jan 2016: Horn of the Abyss 1.4 Available for Download! - read more
17 Dec 2015: Heroes 5.5 update, 1.6 out for H7 - read more
23 Nov 2015: H7 1.4 & 1.5 patches Released - read more
31 Oct 2015: First H7 patches are out, End of DoC development - read more
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
[X] Remove Ads
LOGIN:     Username:     Password:         [ Register ]
HOMM1: info forum | HOMM2: info forum | HOMM3: info mods forum | HOMM4: info CTG forum | HOMM5: info mods forum | MMH6: wiki forum | MMH7: wiki forum
Heroes Community > Heroes 7 - Falcon's Last Flight > Thread: ~ Heroes 7 - Discussion thread ~
Thread: ~ Heroes 7 - Discussion thread ~ This MEGA THREAD is 1634 pages long: 1 200 400 600 800 1000 1200 ... 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 ... 1400 1600 1634 · «PREV / NEXT»
PandaTar
PandaTar


Responsible
Supreme Hero
Celestial Heavens Mascot
posted October 27, 2015 05:34 PM

ThatRedSarah said:

*starts rolling the curled up panda towards more enjoyable habitats*



SQUEE!

Somehow, and I don't know why, I still have a small hope for a last MM game, in the likes of MM6-7-8.
____________

Science isn't about WHY. It's about WHY NOT.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
supertommy
supertommy


Known Hero
posted October 27, 2015 06:48 PM
Edited by supertommy at 18:54, 27 Oct 2015.

Sligneris said:
Quick question, on which might depend my purchase of the game - is the camera fixed, like H6, or can it be moved and rotated, like in H5?


You can rotate camera with RMB or assign it to whatever you want in options.

3lion said:
Not anymore


Edit: I read wrong, I thought not anymore as not possible at all. But now I see.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
GenyaArikado
GenyaArikado


Bad-mannered
Supreme Hero
posted October 27, 2015 08:49 PM

Elvin said:
With current 1.3 as a first day patch


doubtful.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
3lion
3lion


Known Hero
posted October 28, 2015 01:26 AM

Fun fact:
While I was updating Scale Creature mod I have noticed that they've actually increased the sizes of some creatures. Black Dragon for example is bigger than he was in vanilla, though not big enough (my blackie is still bigger and better). Anyway it appears that theirs "internal agreements" are not that inviolable as they said
____________
Creature Scale mod (patch 2.2.1 compatible)

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
The_green_drag
The_green_drag


Supreme Hero
posted October 28, 2015 01:54 AM

Just noticed the size of juggernauts the other day, and holy crap! I wanna see them stand next to Titans. And it's even funnier that they're weak as snow. Yet they tower over my dragons.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Hermes
Hermes


Famous Hero
posted October 28, 2015 11:24 AM

Hey Dan

Your 1.3 Patch just ruined my Dungeon campaign.

Mission 2 saves don't load anymore. And I had some difficult battles won last night there. Anyway. I restart the mission from the Council Table...and guess what...Both Heroes are level 1


Any idea how to roll back a patch or something? ALso can you guys please take the patch through QA or something before releasing it?

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
gomaki
gomaki

Shaper of Lore
Community Manager, Limbic Ent.
posted October 28, 2015 12:29 PM
Edited by gomaki at 12:29, 28 Oct 2015.

Hey
We're aware of this save issue and looking to push a hot fix to get it sorted. The issue is with governor abilities. So for right now, if you have a save from an earlier point to where you didn't assign a governor play from there and it will load no problem. Until this hot fix is pushed just don't assign any governors and you'll not get any crash in regards to saving.

Believe me, everything goes through a QC process, but people are not infallible and in some cases stuff gets through the cracks.  

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
ChrisD1
ChrisD1


Supreme Hero
posted October 28, 2015 01:34 PM

i must say that i'm still experiencing high ram consumption. but the game is stable. the game is running at 6gb ram(at best 5.smth) 7 gb at launch. yet i experience no crashes or lags. and i am playing with everything on high. it might be my laptop to be honest. my graphics card is not "supported".
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
gomaki
gomaki

Shaper of Lore
Community Manager, Limbic Ent.
posted October 28, 2015 02:01 PM

ChrisD1 said:
i must say that i'm still experiencing high ram consumption. but the game is stable. the game is running at 6gb ram(at best 5.smth) 7 gb at launch. yet i experience no crashes or lags. and i am playing with everything on high. it might be my laptop to be honest. my graphics card is not "supported".


Performance and optimization is always something we're looking to improve. But there is unfortunately no holy grail bit of code or fix we can implement to bring it down. We do however constantly make slight gains here and there and this is what we look to do in all support patches, just tightening in the reigns and polishing the edges a little.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
natalka
natalka


Supreme Hero
Bad-mannered
posted October 28, 2015 03:32 PM
Edited by natalka at 15:37, 28 Oct 2015.

gomaki, are u aware that scripts don't trigger for player 2 in multiplayer and on top of that scenario maps can't have sim turns enabled.


Outrageous!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Antalyan
Antalyan


Promising
Supreme Hero
H7 Forever
posted October 28, 2015 04:07 PM
Edited by Antalyan at 16:11, 28 Oct 2015.

gomaki said:
ChrisD1 said:
i must say that i'm still experiencing high ram consumption. but the game is stable. the game is running at 6gb ram(at best 5.smth) 7 gb at launch. yet i experience no crashes or lags. and i am playing with everything on high. it might be my laptop to be honest. my graphics card is not "supported".


Performance and optimization is always something we're looking to improve. But there is unfortunately no holy grail bit of code or fix we can implement to bring it down. We do however constantly make slight gains here and there and this is what we look to do in all support patches, just tightening in the reigns and polishing the edges a little.


Could you explain me, please, why H6 had much lower system requirements, when it had similar graphics quality (according to many people even better) and smarter and faster AI?


 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
verriker
verriker


Honorable
Legendary Hero
We don't need another 'eroes
posted October 28, 2015 04:25 PM

Antalyan said:
Could you explain me, please, why H6 had much lower system requirements, when it had similar graphics quality (according to many people even better) and smarter and faster AI?



I know I could, but I'm not sure my specific choice of words would be kosher lol
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
GenyaArikado
GenyaArikado


Bad-mannered
Supreme Hero
posted October 28, 2015 05:08 PM

I wonder that too, though Civilization Beyond Earth demands better requirements than Civ5 despite looking the same (and being made in the same engine) too.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
yasmiel
yasmiel


Supreme Hero
Former Chessmaster
posted October 28, 2015 05:37 PM

Hermes said:
Hey Dan

Your 1.3 Patch just ruined my Dungeon campaign.

Mission 2 saves don't load anymore. And I had some difficult battles won last night there. Anyway. I restart the mission from the Council Table...and guess what...Both Heroes are level 1


Any idea how to roll back a patch or something? ALso can you guys please take the patch through QA or something before releasing it?



I had the same issue with my necropolis campaign. I went to continue my journey on map 4 after patch 1.3 and Adar Malik started at level 5, instead of whatever i built him to in previous maps - which makes it somewhat harder to complete .

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
MeTaNoV
MeTaNoV


Hired Hero
In Heroes We Trust!
posted October 28, 2015 05:44 PM
Edited by MeTaNoV at 18:52, 28 Oct 2015.

yasmiel said:
I had the same issue with my necropolis campaign. I went to continue my journey on map 4 after patch 1.3 and Adar Malik started at level 5, instead of whatever i built him to in previous maps - which makes it somewhat harder to complete .

As a workaround, you can level up your hero with the Cheat mode at the beginning of the map.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
3lion
3lion


Known Hero
posted October 28, 2015 06:08 PM

natalka said:
scenario maps can't have sim turns enabled.

Scenario maps are intended to play in single player.
____________
Creature Scale mod (patch 2.2.1 compatible)

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
natalka
natalka


Supreme Hero
Bad-mannered
posted October 28, 2015 07:01 PM

Excuse me 3lion but the game is crap without scripts.  I can't imagine to play a map without modding half the features in the game and on top of that scripting is needed. If people who are fans of the game think like you, no wonder the developers who have no clue about it assumed the same.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
JollyJoker
JollyJoker


Honorable
Undefeatable Hero
posted October 28, 2015 07:44 PM

If the game is crap without scripting and modding - then the game is crap.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
OmegaDestroyer
OmegaDestroyer

Hero of Order
Fox or Chicken?
posted October 28, 2015 08:27 PM

So far, I'm glad I decided not to buy it.  It's sad to see how the series has "progressed."
____________
The giant has awakened
You drink my blood and drown
Wrath and raving I will not stop
You'll never take me down

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
EnergyZ
EnergyZ


Legendary Hero
President of MM Wiki
posted October 28, 2015 08:41 PM

OmegaDestroyer said:
So far, I'm glad I decided not to buy it.  It's sad to see how the series has "progressed."


There is always next time. Always. Even if in a form of a mod.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Jump To: « Prev Thread . . . Next Thread » This MEGA THREAD is 1634 pages long: 1 200 400 600 800 1000 1200 ... 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 ... 1400 1600 1634 · «PREV / NEXT»
Post New Poll    Post New Topic    Post New Reply

Page compiled in 0.3771 seconds