Heroes of Might and Magic Community
visiting hero! Register | Today's Posts | Games | Search! | FAQ/Rules | AvatarList | MemberList | Profile


Age of Heroes Headlines:  
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
6 Aug 2016: Troubled Heroes VII Expansion Release - read more
26 Apr 2016: Heroes VII XPack - Trial by Fire - Coming out in June! - read more
17 Apr 2016: Global Alternative Creatures MOD for H7 after 1.8 Patch! - read more
7 Mar 2016: Romero launches a Piano Sonata Album Kickstarter! - read more
19 Feb 2016: Heroes 5.5 RC6, Heroes VII patch 1.7 are out! - read more
13 Jan 2016: Horn of the Abyss 1.4 Available for Download! - read more
17 Dec 2015: Heroes 5.5 update, 1.6 out for H7 - read more
23 Nov 2015: H7 1.4 & 1.5 patches Released - read more
31 Oct 2015: First H7 patches are out, End of DoC development - read more
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
[X] Remove Ads
LOGIN:     Username:     Password:         [ Register ]
New Server | HOMM1: info forum | HOMM2: info forum | HOMM3: info forum | HOMM4: info forum | HOMM5: info forum | MMH6: wiki forum | MMH7: wiki forum
Heroes Community > Heroes 5 - Modders Workshop > Thread: [MOD] Might & Magic: Heroes 5.5
Thread: [MOD] Might & Magic: Heroes 5.5 This Popular Thread is 352 pages long: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 70 140 210 280 ... 348 349 350 351 352 · «PREV / NEXT»
dredknight
dredknight


Promising
Supreme Hero
disrupting the moding industry
posted May 18, 2018 08:15 PM

Thanks @Magno I will see what I can do.

@aquarius32, I have never seen this before. The only thing I can assume is installation issue or issue with reads/writes.

Try running the game exe "as administrator" and see if it is going to fix it.

Also could you verify you went through these steps to install the game and the mod?
____________
Find an opponent at HoMM55 Tavern! | NCF Utility Alpha

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
thGryphn
thGryphn


Promising
Famous Hero
posted May 18, 2018 09:59 PM

aquarius32 said:
Thank you for this great mod! I'm having a peculiar problem with it. When trying to acess the in-game skillwheel from the adventure map I get the background but the screen is blank as if the buttons didn't load:

https://ibb.co/d3GHMT

When accessing the skillwheel from the hero's menu the problem disappears and it works as normal. However when accessing it from the level-up window, the graphics do appear but then the level-up window blocks the wheel:

https://ibb.co/ng16Fo

The problem persists even after uninstalling and reinstalling the mod, and uninstalling and reinstalling the game. It occurs in both 32 and 64 bit .exes (though my computer is 64 bit), and I'm not using NCF or other mods. Is this issue known? Any ideas how to solve this? I'll appreciate any help with this.


Hey there!
I designed the in-game skillwheel and I can assure you that the problem is on your end. I've never seen or encountered such problem (or any problem, for that matter).

After you confirm what dredknight suggested, make sure that there isn't any left over MMH5.5 files in the data folder from previous versions.

Since when (which version) have you been seeing this?

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
aquarius32
aquarius32

Tavern Dweller
posted May 20, 2018 09:27 PM

I've seen this problem at least since RC9, perhaps before but I don't remember.  

And I went through the installation steps again, even reinstalled again, ran as administrator and did your suggestions. The problem stays nonetheless. I guess I'll just play it like that, it's annoying but not a big deal. Thanks anyway!
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
thGryphn
thGryphn


Promising
Famous Hero
posted May 20, 2018 11:35 PM

aquarius32 said:
I've seen this problem at least since RC9, perhaps before but I don't remember.  

And I went through the installation steps again, even reinstalled again, ran as administrator and did your suggestions. The problem stays nonetheless. I guess I'll just play it like that, it's annoying but not a big deal. Thanks anyway!



There is gotta be a mod or map conflict. What maps do you have under Maps folder under your personal "My Games" folder? Remove any maps for the time being...

Can you show a screenshot of both your "data" folder and your "UserMODs" folder?

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
aquarius32
aquarius32

Tavern Dweller
posted May 21, 2018 12:33 AM

I removed all the maps and saves, both from the game's directory and from My Games, still no change.

Here are screenshots of the data and UserMODS folders:

https://ibb.co/nwye5o
https://ibb.co/gGbMJ8
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
magnomagus
magnomagus


Honorable
Legendary Hero
modding wizard
posted May 21, 2018 01:11 AM

Good that you showed that, I once had issues with h5 when the .pak files were recognized as files that can be opened with a compression application (in this case winrar), try make windows unlearn this so that all icons become white again.
____________
MMH5.5 Downloads | MMH5.5 Translations | MMH5.5 FAQ

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
thGryphn
thGryphn


Promising
Famous Hero
posted May 21, 2018 01:20 AM

magnomagus said:
Good that you showed that, I once had issues with h5 when the .pak files were recognized as files that can be opened with a compression application (in this case winrar), try make windows unlearn this so that all icons become white again.


Funny enough, I have mine set with 7-zip and I have no issues. So I would have totally ignored that as a potential reason.


 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
thGryphn
thGryphn


Promising
Famous Hero
posted May 21, 2018 01:23 AM
Edited by thGryphn at 01:24, 21 May 2018.

aquarius32 said:
I removed all the maps and saves, both from the game's directory and from My Games, still no change.

Here are screenshots of the data and UserMODS folders:

https://ibb.co/nwye5o
https://ibb.co/gGbMJ8


One of those files in the data folder don't  belong!

theSW.pak

There is your issue. I'm guessing it means "the SkillWheel" and it probably includes files from an older version of my mod (or another mod)?

In any case, remove it and try again

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
magnomagus
magnomagus


Honorable
Legendary Hero
modding wizard
posted May 21, 2018 10:14 AM

yeah that's it, my issue was very long ago, so perhaps win xp only.
____________
MMH5.5 Downloads | MMH5.5 Translations | MMH5.5 FAQ

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
aquarius32
aquarius32

Tavern Dweller
posted May 21, 2018 12:00 PM

thGryphn said:
aquarius32 said:
I removed all the maps and saves, both from the game's directory and from My Games, still no change.

Here are screenshots of the data and UserMODS folders:

https://ibb.co/nwye5o
https://ibb.co/gGbMJ8


One of those files in the data folder don't  belong!

theSW.pak

There is your issue. I'm guessing it means "the SkillWheel" and it probably includes files from an older version of my mod (or another mod)?

In any case, remove it and try again



Indeed that fixed it. Thanks so much!
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
CRASHY
CRASHY

Tavern Dweller
posted May 23, 2018 01:42 PM

Just registered here to say that this Mod is frickin' amazing! Thank you guys so much! ... I'm so emotional right now...
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
dredknight
dredknight


Promising
Supreme Hero
disrupting the moding industry
posted May 23, 2018 03:14 PM

Welcome to the forum CRASHY !
____________
Find an opponent at HoMM55 Tavern! | NCF Utility Alpha

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
thGryphn
thGryphn


Promising
Famous Hero
posted May 23, 2018 11:21 PM

I don't get bugs ever but it seems I've come across one:

I started playing the original HV campaigns. Now in 3rd map of The Queen - The Trap. I taught Isabel the Chain Attack and the Stunning Strike, and I've been using it so far without any issues with Archers and Paladins. In this particular combat, I decided to give it a try with Royal Griffins.

When I attack with the RG's Chain Attack with Stunning triggers just fine. However, when I use RG's Battle Dive ability, the game instantly crashes at the turn of the dive (right before it), throwing me to the desktop.

I don't think I ever used Chain Attack with Stunning along with RG's Battle Dive ability before. So, I'm not sure the bug is due to campaigns, or a universal one. Has anyone tried this combo yet?

@magno, have you heard of this one before??

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
dredknight
dredknight


Promising
Supreme Hero
disrupting the moding industry
posted May 23, 2018 11:52 PM
Edited by dredknight at 23:52, 23 May 2018.

The Gryphn, what happens when you load the game with Utility.exe instead of MMh55 (or the other way around depending on which exe causes the bug).

I had this issue once in a PvP LAN battle. I believe it was in MMH55_64 exe file.

@Magno check inbox.
____________
Find an opponent at HoMM55 Tavern! | NCF Utility Alpha

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
thGryphn
thGryphn


Promising
Famous Hero
posted May 24, 2018 09:44 AM

dredknight said:
The Gryphn, what happens when you load the game with Utility.exe instead of MMh55 (or the other way around depending on which exe causes the bug).

I had this issue once in a PvP LAN battle. I believe it was in MMH55_64 exe file.



Just checked with the Utility exe, and yup, it works fine with it. So, the problem lives within the regular exe.


 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Skeggy
Skeggy


Promising
Famous Hero
posted May 25, 2018 03:26 PM

thGryphn said:
dredknight said:
The Gryphn, what happens when you load the game with Utility.exe instead of MMh55 (or the other way around depending on which exe causes the bug).

I had this issue once in a PvP LAN battle. I believe it was in MMH55_64 exe file.



Just checked with the Utility exe, and yup, it works fine with it. So, the problem lives within the regular exe.




Why bother with debugging of exe (if it’s debuggable anyway). It is better to replace Battle Dive with Rush Dive anyway. Battle dive can select only one square, selection usually falls on range creatures and not to mention that Imperial Griffins returns on randomly selected location. Rush dive is simply better in all aspects, it even has delayed timing so you can cast armageddon while griffins are airborne.
Of course, Imperial Griffins should have more air attacks, than Battle Griffins.

This way bug will remain but it will be limited only on basic griffins under Irina’s command and I suppose that is very small bug that players can be accept and avoid.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
boozuka
boozuka


Hired Hero
posted May 25, 2018 03:27 PM

Are there any mods for H5.5 out there? I am a big fan of the double exp mod, which me and my friends miss during our LAN games on H5.5.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
azalen
azalen


Adventuring Hero
posted May 25, 2018 05:24 PM

Skeggy said:
thGryphn said:
dredknight said:
The Gryphn, what happens when you load the game with Utility.exe instead of MMh55 (or the other way around depending on which exe causes the bug).

I had this issue once in a PvP LAN battle. I believe it was in MMH55_64 exe file.



Just checked with the Utility exe, and yup, it works fine with it. So, the problem lives within the regular exe.




Why bother with debugging of exe (if it’s debuggable anyway). It is better to replace Battle Dive with Rush Dive anyway. Battle dive can select only one square, selection usually falls on range creatures and not to mention that Imperial Griffins returns on randomly selected location. Rush dive is simply better in all aspects, it even has delayed timing so you can cast armageddon while griffins are airborne.
Of course, Imperial Griffins should have more air attacks, than Battle Griffins.

This way bug will remain but it will be limited only on basic griffins under Irina’s command and I suppose that is very small bug that players can be accept and avoid.


The critical difference between rush dive and battle dive is that rush dive is once per combat and battle dive is unlimited.  When used appropriately, battle dive can serve as a poor man's invisibility while doing damage (Imperial Griffins are vulnerable for a short time before the next battle dive, but their high initiative makes this window pretty small).  Because Crossbowmen have terrible initiative, Battle Diving griffins are often preferable for taking out ranged units in the early weeks, particularly if you have Tent to resurrect any damage they take in the vulnerable window.  


 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Skeggy
Skeggy


Promising
Famous Hero
posted May 25, 2018 05:38 PM
Edited by Skeggy at 18:52, 25 May 2018.

azalen said:
Skeggy said:
thGryphn said:
dredknight said:
The Gryphn, what happens when you load the game with Utility.exe instead of MMh55 (or the other way around depending on which exe causes the bug).

I had this issue once in a PvP LAN battle. I believe it was in MMH55_64 exe file.



Just checked with the Utility exe, and yup, it works fine with it. So, the problem lives within the regular exe.




Why bother with debugging of exe (if it’s debuggable anyway). It is better to replace Battle Dive with Rush Dive anyway. Battle dive can select only one square, selection usually falls on range creatures and not to mention that Imperial Griffins returns on randomly selected location. Rush dive is simply better in all aspects, it even has delayed timing so you can cast armageddon while griffins are airborne.
Of course, Imperial Griffins should have more air attacks, than Battle Griffins.

This way bug will remain but it will be limited only on basic griffins under Irina’s command and I suppose that is very small bug that players can be accept and avoid.


The critical difference between rush dive and battle dive is that rush dive is once per combat and battle dive is unlimited.  When used appropriately, battle dive can serve as a poor man's invisibility while doing damage (Imperial Griffins are vulnerable for a short time before the next battle dive, but their high initiative makes this window pretty small).  Because Crossbowmen have terrible initiative, Battle Diving griffins are often preferable for taking out ranged units in the early weeks, particularly if you have Tent to resurrect any damage they take in the vulnerable window.  




You can easily define Rush Dive to reoccurs as much as you want per combat in specific creature xdb file, therefore that cannot be the “critical difference”. When "used appropriately" Battle Dive can still select only one square, selection usually falls on range creatures and Imperial Griffins returns on randomly selected location.

Even if bug is debuggable, which is big question, Rush Dive is far better solution.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
magnomagus
magnomagus


Honorable
Legendary Hero
modding wizard
posted May 25, 2018 08:34 PM

I think the bug is too small to remove another interesting ability over.
____________
MMH5.5 Downloads | MMH5.5 Translations | MMH5.5 FAQ

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Jump To: « Prev Thread . . . Next Thread » This Popular Thread is 352 pages long: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 70 140 210 280 ... 348 349 350 351 352 · «PREV / NEXT»
Post New Poll    Post New Topic    Post New Reply

Page compiled in 0.0899 seconds