Heroes of Might and Magic Community
visiting hero! Register | Today's Posts | Games | Search! | FAQ/Rules | AvatarList | MemberList | Profile


Age of Heroes Headlines:  
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
6 Aug 2016: Troubled Heroes VII Expansion Release - read more
26 Apr 2016: Heroes VII XPack - Trial by Fire - Coming out in June! - read more
17 Apr 2016: Global Alternative Creatures MOD for H7 after 1.8 Patch! - read more
7 Mar 2016: Romero launches a Piano Sonata Album Kickstarter! - read more
19 Feb 2016: Heroes 5.5 RC6, Heroes VII patch 1.7 are out! - read more
13 Jan 2016: Horn of the Abyss 1.4 Available for Download! - read more
17 Dec 2015: Heroes 5.5 update, 1.6 out for H7 - read more
23 Nov 2015: H7 1.4 & 1.5 patches Released - read more
31 Oct 2015: First H7 patches are out, End of DoC development - read more
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
[X] Remove Ads
LOGIN:     Username:     Password:         [ Register ]
HOMM1: info forum | HOMM2: info forum | HOMM3: info mods forum | HOMM4: info CTG forum | HOMM5: info mods forum | MMH6: wiki forum | MMH7: wiki forum
Heroes Community > Library of Enlightenment > Thread: [H3] SoD_SP: a HDmod plugin
Thread: [H3] SoD_SP: a HDmod plugin This thread is 22 pages long: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10 ... 18 19 20 21 22 · «PREV / NEXT»
daemon_n
daemon_n


Adventuring Hero
posted February 13, 2020 07:23 AM

Woow, a lot of updates and features were released since i played with this plugin last time.
Need to try it when will be free)

And i would ask actually, what do you use for checking version?)
And is it available make only battle features for the era, using your repository? Or it will require a lot of changes in the addresses and other?
The same question for the seer huts)

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
RoseKavalier
RoseKavalier


Admirable
Supreme Hero
posted February 13, 2020 11:29 PM

I will reply to technical questions via pm later when I have more time.

Seer Huts fix is actually fairly simple, as I recall there are 2 or 3 hooks only. Essence is to modulo seer id by 48 to stay within name bounds.

I've thought about porting to ERA a few times but every time there are bad surprises awaiting. igrik recently suggested I would not like it and he's right - last time I tried I was quite unhappy after 2 minutes ;
On the plus side he has been maintaining and incorporating several things into ERA so I felt there wasn't great need for me to do that much more.
____________
My Let's Plays: Metataxer's Revenge - The Empire of The World 2

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
daemon_n
daemon_n


Adventuring Hero
posted February 14, 2020 02:30 AM
Edited by daemon_n at 02:32, 14 Feb 2020.

Thanks for the answers!

It is not necessary to answer on them, cause I am not a programmer and i will not understand any harder than txt file edit. I thought there is easy script or dll for it

So i don't wanna waste your time - as i understood, it needs a little corrections for seer huts - i will find a human, who will help me

Thanks again and i wish you to keep and extend development speed)

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Machberet
Machberet


Hired Hero
posted February 14, 2020 04:42 PM

I think the option with Tavern Heroes still does not work properly - or maybe it does, just not in Bug Race (v. 16.0). I'm still experiencing the same problem as Yaroslav in his playthrough of 14.9 and with earlier version of SoD SP - any dismissed hero will not show himself in the tavern and inviting hero option therefore does not work.


I had a bit of a problem, when the update prompt ("would you like to update to 1.18.3") caused intro to freeze and crash, either after trying to skip it, or when Catherine cutscene was just to begin. At least I guess that was it, because after few tries and restarts of my computer whenever the prompt has showed itself, the intro worked fine, maybe with a bit of a stutter. When it didn't show - then I couldn't even get to game menu with SoD_SP.

Also agreeing for update caused "No website provided for download" prompt which I guess is kind of pointless.


 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
RoseKavalier
RoseKavalier


Admirable
Supreme Hero
posted February 14, 2020 07:02 PM

I will review the version check code later, I can move the location of the check to be later in the process so it doesn't conflict with the video (something I had not considered checking).

"No website provided for download" only happens if the website could not be read from the ini file. This is a bit odd since you were able to read the UpdateAddress entry. Were any edits made to this file?
I can always hardcode it in case of failure.

Tavern Heroes fix used to be hardcoded so if you're using an older version that would explain why. If not...did you launch the map with the 'Tavern Heroes' option turned on?
____________
My Let's Plays: Metataxer's Revenge - The Empire of The World 2

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
NimoStar
NimoStar


Responsible
Supreme Hero
Modding the Unmoddable
posted February 15, 2020 03:28 AM

Quote:
Woow, a lot of updates and features were released since i played with this plugin last time.
Need to try it when will be free)


some were also de-released like hota plugins... ... ...
____________
https://www.moddb.com/mods/greatest-mod

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Machberet
Machberet


Hired Hero
posted February 17, 2020 05:37 AM

RoseKavalier said:
I will review the version check code later, I can move the location of the check to be later in the process so it doesn't conflict with the video (something I had not considered checking).

"No website provided for download" only happens if the website could not be read from the ini file. This is a bit odd since you were able to read the UpdateAddress entry. Were any edits made to this file?
I can always hardcode it in case of failure.



Nope, I haven't made any changes. I installed it by repacking .zip file and copy/pasting it into /packs.

Quote:

Tavern Heroes fix used to be hardcoded so if you're using an older version that would explain why. If not...did you launch the map with the 'Tavern Heroes' option turned on?


I know what you're talking about, but I was using the latest version. I had Tavern Heroes option turned off/on, I have been launching the map with or without it, in every possible configuration and nothing... And I can't run SoD without HD+ because some problems with loading.

Also, I wonder how the bug with 'Repeat opponent turn' works exactly. I'm talking about the one, that allows hero to disembark from ship on a tile that was previously occupied by a prison. but only if Repeat turn was clicked, otherwise the game does not consider it a valid tile. It was not repaired in SoD SP yet.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
RoseKavalier
RoseKavalier


Admirable
Supreme Hero
posted February 18, 2020 01:09 AM
Edited by RoseKavalier at 01:10, 18 Feb 2020.

Machberet said:

Nope, I haven't made any changes. I installed it by repacking .zip file and copy/pasting it into /packs.


Gonna look at it tonight. I'll add a hardcoded address just in case...

Machberet said:

I know what you're talking about, but I was using the latest version. I had Tavern Heroes option turned off/on, I have been launching the map with or without it, in every possible configuration and nothing... And I can't run SoD without HD+ because some problems with loading.

If you had the fix off, then it is working as intended. The actual code, as you can see... either skips the original code or executes it. The bug in question only activates through certain actions. If any of these have not been done with a particular hero, then dismissing him results in disappearance from your hero pool for good.

Machberet said:
Also, I wonder how the bug with 'Repeat opponent turn' works exactly. I'm talking about the one, that allows hero to disembark from ship on a tile that was previously occupied by a prison. but only if Repeat turn was clicked, otherwise the game does not consider it a valid tile. It was not repaired in SoD SP yet.

HDmod added option to replay your own turn starting day 111, but there are some bugs in it; in this case it adds landing points (which are required to come ashore from a boat) to some tiles that did not originally have any. In the original game, you:
1- cannot see your own actions
2- cannot press 'Replay Turn' on day 111

I had the option to disable replay turn on turn 1 to correct specifically for 'Bug Race', or try to fix baratorch's code by first reversing it then making a strategy to locate it and finally finding a suitable patch... in the end I figured it wasn't high priority enough and never revisited it.
____________
My Let's Plays: Metataxer's Revenge - The Empire of The World 2

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
Machberet
Machberet


Hired Hero
posted February 18, 2020 03:09 PM

RoseKavalier said:

If you had the fix off, then it is working as intended. The actual code, as you can see... either skips the original code or executes it. The bug in question only activates through certain actions. If any of these have not been done with a particular hero, then dismissing him results in disappearance from your hero pool for good.



Oh, so what are these certain actions?

By the way, there is a very interesting interaction with Slayer, which I guess also falls under the category of bugs.

Let's start with quoting the Tribute: "All spells except Slayer (which is cast on Base) are cast on Advanced level."
And that's not true. Slayer is also cast on advanced level, so it does affect damage against Angels and Devils.
But when checking the palette of spells that genie may cast, Slayer is only took into consideration if at the beginning of the fight there was a basic Slayer target like a dragon or a hydra. To summarize it:
1) slayer from Master Genies works as advanced fire Slayer, so against: all dragons, firebirds, hydras, behemoths, angels and devils, but NOT against giants
2) slayer from Master Genies will not be cast during fight against side with no basic slayer target, so even if angels/devils are present
3) Master Genies when checking for Slayer take into consideration the creatures at the beginning of the fight, so they may cast Slayer even if all tier 7 creatures are dead and gone

and a bonus point:
4) Master Genies' Slayer benefits from Coronius specialty and gives +4/3/2/1 ATK bonus for lower tiers of units.


 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
RoseKavalier
RoseKavalier


Admirable
Supreme Hero
posted February 18, 2020 05:04 PM
Edited by RoseKavalier at 17:05, 18 Feb 2020.

1.18.4

DOWNLOAD (exe installer)
DOWNLOAD (zip archive)



Version 1.18.4
[-] Fixed an issue with 'SoD_SP.ini' reader that would fail to read the last line (thanks Machberet)
[-] Moved the update after introduction video is completed (thanks Machberet)



This update only corrects the version checker and ini reader, nothing else. Thanks Machberet for bringing it to my attention.

###########################

@Machberet
Tribute to Strategists is a good reference, but there is a good amount of incorrect information in it; I will not treat any of those as bugs. You should use the relevant topic for that.

Regarding your question, the ones I recall are
* hiring a hero (yea...)
* freeing a hero from prison
* visiting one of your town's garrison (not just entering)
____________
My Let's Plays: Metataxer's Revenge - The Empire of The World 2

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
Machberet
Machberet


Hired Hero
posted February 18, 2020 05:59 PM

RoseKavalier said:


@Machberet
Tribute to Strategists is a good reference, but there is a good amount of incorrect information in it; I will not treat any of those as bugs. You should use the relevant topic for that.



I know, even FizMiG has a lot of incorrect or not fully correct statements.

Yes, there are bugs and then there are pecularities that are just... features. Like cavaliers/champions always trying to joust, even if they attack pikemen; + this may also result in locking them alternating between two spots if quicksands are placed in a specific setting. With some even MORE specific setting, the cavaliers will freeze. I show it below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8IQKn6gEuE

Quote:

Regarding your question, the ones I recall are
* hiring a hero (yea...)
* freeing a hero from prison
* visiting one of your town's garrison (not just entering)


Thank you! I'll try to poke around to clear this.
(I also need to write to Baratorch about crash when loading saves while not in HD+)

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
RoseKavalier
RoseKavalier


Admirable
Supreme Hero
posted February 21, 2020 08:14 AM

1.18.5

DOWNLOAD (exe installer)
DOWNLOAD (zip archive)



Version 1.18.5
[-] Fixed an issue with the increased number of uniquely customized wandering monsters (thanks Obi)


____________
My Let's Plays: Metataxer's Revenge - The Empire of The World 2

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
wenwell
wenwell


Hired Hero
posted February 22, 2020 09:31 AM

Found a visual bug with a new option:


 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
RoseKavalier
RoseKavalier


Admirable
Supreme Hero
posted February 22, 2020 06:03 PM

Ah... I forgot some extra width for this type of situation.
Will be fixed in next update; since this is not critical it might be a few.
____________
My Let's Plays: Metataxer's Revenge - The Empire of The World 2

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
kitttn
kitttn

Tavern Dweller
posted March 27, 2020 04:23 PM

No colors in HD mod RC81

Hi.
Thank you so much for your hard work on this.
Just wanted to report an issue - colors in combat are not working with HDMod 5.0 RC81. After clicking Ctrl + F12 and scrolling through colors all of them are displayed as white.

I rolled back to RC76 and everything works fine.
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
RoseKavalier
RoseKavalier


Admirable
Supreme Hero
posted March 27, 2020 04:41 PM
Edited by RoseKavalier at 13:45, 28 Mar 2020.

Thanks for notification, I hadn't updated in a while.

All 16-bit modes still work; an update of H3.TextColor is needed for 32-bit modes... I'll look at it later in the day.

EDIT

H3.TextColor has been updated and can be downloaded off the H3Plugins repository.

Naturally I'll include it in the next SoD_SP version, whenever that is.
____________
My Let's Plays: Metataxer's Revenge - The Empire of The World 2

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
Machberet
Machberet


Hired Hero
posted April 01, 2020 02:29 PM

New update for HD-mod came up, battle queue added, so upon entering a fight two battle queues are shown and then the game crashes.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
FirePaladin
FirePaladin


Supreme Hero
Undercover modder
posted April 01, 2020 02:32 PM
Edited by FirePaladin at 14:33, 01 Apr 2020.

Machberet said:
New update for HD-mod came up, battle queue added, so upon entering a fight two battle queues are shown and then the game crashes.


I see no battle queue. I'll try to open SoD.

Edit: I don't see it in SoD either.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
Machberet
Machberet


Hired Hero
posted April 01, 2020 03:01 PM

FirePaladin said:
Machberet said:
New update for HD-mod came up, battle queue added, so upon entering a fight two battle queues are shown and then the game crashes.


I see no battle queue. I'll try to open SoD.

Edit: I don't see it in SoD either.


Did you download/update the latest HD-mod? It is automatically enabled (you can tick it off, if you want) in both HotA and SoD.


 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
FirePaladin
FirePaladin


Supreme Hero
Undercover modder
posted April 01, 2020 03:06 PM

Machberet said:
FirePaladin said:
Machberet said:
New update for HD-mod came up, battle queue added, so upon entering a fight two battle queues are shown and then the game crashes.


I see no battle queue. I'll try to open SoD.

Edit: I don't see it in SoD either.


Did you download/update the latest HD-mod? It is automatically enabled (you can tick it off, if you want) in both HotA and SoD.




I did. Read this post for more info: http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=33708&pagenumber=88

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
Jump To: « Prev Thread . . . Next Thread » This thread is 22 pages long: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10 ... 18 19 20 21 22 · «PREV / NEXT»
Post New Poll    Post New Topic    Post New Reply

Page compiled in 0.0762 seconds