Heroes of Might and Magic Community
visiting hero! Register | Today's Posts | Games | Search! | FAQ/Rules | AvatarList | MemberList | Profile


Age of Heroes Headlines:  
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
6 Aug 2016: Troubled Heroes VII Expansion Release - read more
26 Apr 2016: Heroes VII XPack - Trial by Fire - Coming out in June! - read more
17 Apr 2016: Global Alternative Creatures MOD for H7 after 1.8 Patch! - read more
7 Mar 2016: Romero launches a Piano Sonata Album Kickstarter! - read more
19 Feb 2016: Heroes 5.5 RC6, Heroes VII patch 1.7 are out! - read more
13 Jan 2016: Horn of the Abyss 1.4 Available for Download! - read more
17 Dec 2015: Heroes 5.5 update, 1.6 out for H7 - read more
23 Nov 2015: H7 1.4 & 1.5 patches Released - read more
31 Oct 2015: First H7 patches are out, End of DoC development - read more
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
[X] Remove Ads
LOGIN:     Username:     Password:         [ Register ]
HOMM1: info forum | HOMM2: info forum | HOMM3: info mods forum | HOMM4: info CTG forum | HOMM5: info mods forum | MMH6: wiki forum | MMH7: wiki forum
Heroes Community > Heroes 3.5 - WoG and Beyond > Thread: ERM help and discussion
Thread: ERM help and discussion This Popular Thread is 372 pages long: 1 50 100 150 200 250 300 350 ... 365 366 367 368 369 ... 372 · «PREV / NEXT»
aldzzz
aldzzz

Tavern Dweller
posted July 20, 2019 10:25 PM

Salamandre said:
Don't use covenant town for now, seems it does not work. Will ask Bersy to give a look.


alright! and much thanks for quick replies.
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
aldzzz
aldzzz

Tavern Dweller
posted July 20, 2019 10:35 PM

unfortunately i've a new issue.

the "romanian town" ("cetatea") does not show up under the town list when i'm choosing a town on a map with random towns. how come?
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Salamandre
Salamandre


Admirable
Omnipresent Hero
Wog refugee
posted July 20, 2019 11:20 PM
Edited by Salamandre at 23:25, 20 Jul 2019.

Ok I looked into, and covenant needs you to click on some option (covenant town) in map options and enhancements. Try it again after doing that.

And maybe same thing is required with the romanian town. Also I see that covenant does not show the new town graphics when you setup the game. You pick conflux then will find the new town once in game.
____________
Era II mods and utilities

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
aldzzz
aldzzz

Tavern Dweller
posted July 21, 2019 01:50 AM

Salamandre said:
Ok I looked into, and covenant needs you to click on some option (covenant town) in map options and enhancements. Try it again after doing that.

And maybe same thing is required with the romanian town. Also I see that covenant does not show the new town graphics when you setup the game. You pick conflux then will find the new town once in game.



thanks. hmm, i've a lot of options checked under options and enhacements but it still crashed the exact same way.



but i'll try the conflux trick on the romanian town and report back.


____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
aldzzz
aldzzz

Tavern Dweller
posted July 21, 2019 02:05 AM

nada, it still remains just the regular conflux town.

also, had to disable the usain bolt mod cos it started to throw up some "Bolt.erm" error once the map started, but prior to the wogification process. it didn't happen again after i disabled it.
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Salamandre
Salamandre


Admirable
Omnipresent Hero
Wog refugee
posted July 21, 2019 03:50 AM
Edited by Salamandre at 03:53, 21 Jul 2019.

What version of Era is this? I don't see covenant option there thats why it does not work

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
aldzzz
aldzzz

Tavern Dweller
posted July 21, 2019 04:11 AM
Edited by aldzzz at 04:17, 21 Jul 2019.

hmm, strange. it should be the latest, 2.8.6?


edit: just checked and i don't have it in the in-game list, either. initial screenshot is from the mod manager->change wog options.
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
xericsin
xericsin


Famous Hero
posted July 21, 2019 04:41 AM

DarkAtom said:
xericsin said:
Then you have to search for the respective memory locations and change one by one.



Where do you search for memory adresses? I never knew where to search these - all my UN:C scripts are copied from forums like HC, df2 etc.


That's what I do as well.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
aldzzz
aldzzz

Tavern Dweller
posted July 22, 2019 07:15 PM

aldzzz said:
hmm, strange. it should be the latest, 2.8.6?


edit: just checked and i don't have it in the in-game list, either. initial screenshot is from the mod manager->change wog options.



bump?
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Salamandre
Salamandre


Admirable
Omnipresent Hero
Wog refugee
posted July 22, 2019 07:56 PM

You should change wog option in start menu, where you choose map, there is a button up right. There you will see covenant option. I never used mod manager to change wog options, so i don't know if it works.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
aldzzz
aldzzz

Tavern Dweller
posted July 22, 2019 08:09 PM

Salamandre said:
You should change wog option in start menu, where you choose map, there is a button up right. There you will see covenant option. I never used mod manager to change wog options, so i don't know if it works.


i just said in the previous post i quoted that i did also checked the wog options on map choosing and there's no covernant town option there.
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Salamandre
Salamandre


Admirable
Omnipresent Hero
Wog refugee
posted July 22, 2019 08:13 PM
Edited by Salamandre at 20:15, 22 Jul 2019.

Well, when I activate the mod, there is here. So, either your Era didn't install properly, or you don't know how to activate mods, or some voodoo has been cast on you.

Seriously, no idea then.

@Edit: OR, you use another mod which overwrite WoG options too, there are some of those. Try WoG and Covenant only, first. WoG at bottom.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
RerryR
RerryR


Promising
Famous Hero
Researching Magic
posted July 22, 2019 08:51 PM

So I downloaded and tried covenant. works for me, so I guess it must be the voodoo

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
aldzzz
aldzzz

Tavern Dweller
posted July 22, 2019 09:08 PM

Salamandre said:
Well, when I activate the mod, there is here. So, either your Era didn't install properly, or you don't know how to activate mods, or some voodoo has been cast on you.

Seriously, no idea then.

@Edit: OR, you use another mod which overwrite WoG options too, there are some of those. Try WoG and Covenant only, first. WoG at bottom.


thanks for the tips!

well, i enabled only covernant, in the wake of gods, wog revised & yona, and indeed, now the option appeared on the list.

so, um, any idea which of these currently disabled ones might be the problem? thanks.

____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Salamandre
Salamandre


Admirable
Omnipresent Hero
Wog refugee
posted July 22, 2019 09:23 PM

First, priority is from the bottom. So, WoG at bottom, then the others. In your case also, WoG revised mod replaces wog options from Covenant, if you put it above it. I am not sure how it conflicts with Covenant if under, as they use same file for WoG options.

In all, Covenant is some old mod who uses old methods, it should not have that option to check, but simply some ini file to activate on/off. Well... maybe some day it gets an update.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
aldzzz
aldzzz

Tavern Dweller
posted July 23, 2019 03:17 AM
Edited by aldzzz at 03:28, 23 Jul 2019.

Salamandre said:
First, priority is from the bottom. So, WoG at bottom, then the others. In your case also, WoG revised mod replaces wog options from Covenant, if you put it above it. I am not sure how it conflicts with Covenant if under, as they use same file for WoG options.

In all, Covenant is some old mod who uses old methods, it should not have that option to check, but simply some ini file to activate on/off. Well... maybe some day it gets an update.


ahh, right. thanks again! i recalled that it all had something to do with the order of the mods, but wasn't sure what the order is lol. so the order as it stands rn should work even if i add all the rest? or does having wog revisted at the bottom mean i won't be able to use its features?

edit: oops, pressed reply by accident. pls remove the new post below. was just pointing out that rn everything seems to work as it should. thanks again!
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
aldzzz
aldzzz

Tavern Dweller
posted July 23, 2019 03:27 AM

aldzzz said:
Salamandre said:
First, priority is from the bottom. So, WoG at bottom, then the others. In your case also, WoG revised mod replaces wog options from Covenant, if you put it above it. I am not sure how it conflicts with Covenant if under, as they use same file for WoG options.

In all, Covenant is some old mod who uses old methods, it should not have that option to check, but simply some ini file to activate on/off. Well... maybe some day it gets an update.


ahh, right. thanks again! i recalled that it all had something to do with the order of the mods, but wasn't sure what the order is lol. so the order as it stands rn should work even if i add all the rest? or does having wog revisted at the bottom mean i won't be able to use its features?




edit: ok i just tried and it seems everything works as it should. thanks again!
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
fanofheroes
fanofheroes


Known Hero
posted July 23, 2019 08:51 PM

I've tried searching for 'external dwellings' and how to make them, but I can't seem to have any luck.  Does anyone know a link to erm scripting to set a dwelling to a monster?

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Bersy
Bersy


Honorable
Supreme Hero
posted July 23, 2019 10:02 PM

Dwellings.dll by MoP should have add ERM receiver, was there any documentation in Typhon?

ERM Help - Other Objects.

!!DW#1/#2/#3:XXXX; !!DW#1/#2/#3: Monster dwelling at x,y,l coordinates
(Monster Dwellings are Types 17 and 20, See Format CG)

M#1/$2/$3 - set the monster to hire
  #1 = Slot (0...3) - you can hire up to 4 different monsters at one dwelling.
  #2 = Type of the monster (-1=disable this slot) (Format C)
  #3 = Number to hire

G#1/$2/$3 - set the monster as a Guard
  #1 = Slot (0...6)
  #2 = Type of the monster (-1=no monster there). See Format C
  #3 = Number of Monsters

O$ - Set up an owner (-1=nobody's)

O$/1; pass control over a dwelling to another player
  $ = is a new owner.
  The second parameter is a dummy but use 1 there.

  This syntax chenges the owner plus calls an internal structure to adjust all growth numbers for the previous and a new owner.
  Should work in MP mode.

Note: if someone wants to set up a dwelling to sell more than one creature type, none of the creatures should be level 1, or there will be trouble because level 1 creature are normally handed out for free
____________
Heroes 3 Era and everything for it. Releases folder for releases.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
fanofheroes
fanofheroes


Known Hero
posted July 23, 2019 10:39 PM

Bersy said:
Dwellings.dll by MoP should have add ERM receiver, was there any documentation in Typhon?

ERM Help - Other Objects.

!!DW#1/#2/#3:XXXX; !!DW#1/#2/#3: Monster dwelling at x,y,l coordinates
(Monster Dwellings are Types 17 and 20, See Format CG)

M#1/$2/$3 - set the monster to hire
  #1 = Slot (0...3) - you can hire up to 4 different monsters at one dwelling.
  #2 = Type of the monster (-1=disable this slot) (Format C)
  #3 = Number to hire

G#1/$2/$3 - set the monster as a Guard
  #1 = Slot (0...6)
  #2 = Type of the monster (-1=no monster there). See Format C
  #3 = Number of Monsters

O$ - Set up an owner (-1=nobody's)

O$/1; pass control over a dwelling to another player
  $ = is a new owner.
  The second parameter is a dummy but use 1 there.

  This syntax chenges the owner plus calls an internal structure to adjust all growth numbers for the previous and a new owner.
  Should work in MP mode.

Note: if someone wants to set up a dwelling to sell more than one creature type, none of the creatures should be level 1, or there will be trouble because level 1 creature are normally handed out for free


There is Dwellings.dll and an english version to go with it.  but I'm not quite sure how to set it up.  The video he made going over how to make creatures was really helpful.  This girl is a visual learner lol.  

If i add new lines at the bottom of dwelling.dll with the name of the dwelling and the number for the monster to match it, is that all it takes?

Also, if I just copy and paste the english version over the russian version of the dwelling.dll, will it work just the same?

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Jump To: « Prev Thread . . . Next Thread » This Popular Thread is 372 pages long: 1 50 100 150 200 250 300 350 ... 365 366 367 368 369 ... 372 · «PREV / NEXT»
Post New Poll    Post New Topic    Post New Reply

Page compiled in 0.1703 seconds