Heroes of Might and Magic Community
visiting hero! Register | Today's Posts | Games | Search! | FAQ/Rules | AvatarList | MemberList | Profile


Age of Heroes Headlines:  
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
6 Aug 2016: Troubled Heroes VII Expansion Release - read more
26 Apr 2016: Heroes VII XPack - Trial by Fire - Coming out in June! - read more
17 Apr 2016: Global Alternative Creatures MOD for H7 after 1.8 Patch! - read more
7 Mar 2016: Romero launches a Piano Sonata Album Kickstarter! - read more
19 Feb 2016: Heroes 5.5 RC6, Heroes VII patch 1.7 are out! - read more
13 Jan 2016: Horn of the Abyss 1.4 Available for Download! - read more
17 Dec 2015: Heroes 5.5 update, 1.6 out for H7 - read more
23 Nov 2015: H7 1.4 & 1.5 patches Released - read more
31 Oct 2015: First H7 patches are out, End of DoC development - read more
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
[X] Remove Ads
LOGIN:     Username:     Password:         [ Register ]
New Server | HOMM1: info forum | HOMM2: info forum | HOMM3: info forum | HOMM4: info forum | HOMM5: info forum | MMH6: wiki forum | MMH7: wiki forum
Heroes Community > MapHaven Guild > Thread: [H3] The Mapmaker's Thread
Thread: [H3] The Mapmaker's Thread This thread is 11 pages long: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 · «PREV
kazmer
kazmer

Tavern Dweller
posted November 17, 2017 12:25 AM

RoseKavalier said:
kazmer said:

How much did you map from the 393984 locations, if I may ask?
The problem is, I'm facing the same problem, testing the results. But it's a pretty good oppurtunity, to dust off my (very little) assembly knowledge.

Over 30%, around 1000 locations
kazmer said:

I guess I could insert a new layer where only blocked hexes are shown, it was on my list anyway, right after fixing the pixel offsets, and testing all the locations.


For what it's worth, every location I compared worked (about 10 )


I hate to disappoint you, but that's "just" 0.25%.

A test map is included in the jar file (rename it to .zip, and go into the resources folder.) Those are the locations I've checked. For the moment, I'm gonna let the users continue the testing.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
RoseKavalier
RoseKavalier


Honorable
Famous Hero
posted November 17, 2017 02:36 AM

kazmer said:



I hate to disappoint you, but that's "just" 0.25%.

A test map is included in the jar file (rename it to .zip, and go into the resources folder.) Those are the locations I've checked. For the moment, I'm gonna let the users continue the testing.



No I wrote correctly but not probably not clearly enough.
I checked more than 30% of all possibilities while traveling; from those 30%, I wrote down 1066 interesting locations.

Some terrains tend to give more interesting locations, like Snow.
____________
My Let's Plays: Metataxer's Revenge - The Empire of The World 2

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
kazmer
kazmer

Tavern Dweller
posted November 17, 2017 08:56 PM

RoseKavalier said:

If I may suggest something?
Have an option to show busy/free hexes on top of the obstacles. Some obstacles seem to cover a large portion of terrain and then you're surprised to find out that a certain hex is free (or busy).



Done.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
RoseKavalier
RoseKavalier


Honorable
Famous Hero
posted November 18, 2017 06:15 AM

Looking sharp!

Within a few minutes I've been able to find some of the more ...interesting... locations I had previously found over hours and hours of staring at screens.

Can't overstate how neat this is.
____________
My Let's Plays: Metataxer's Revenge - The Empire of The World 2

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
kazmer
kazmer

Tavern Dweller
posted January 17, 2018 04:47 AM

RoseKavalier said:
Looking sharp!

Within a few minutes I've been able to find some of the more ...interesting... locations I had previously found over hours and hours of staring at screens.

Can't overstate how neat this is.


New features coming soon:
- display war machines
- select area on the map to be searched (you can use your own map image too)
- fix the pattern's location
- mirror the pattern vertically/horizontally (only once in the pattern editor, or for every battlefield during search)



Please tell me, if something is not self evident on the user interface.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
RoseKavalier
RoseKavalier


Honorable
Famous Hero
posted January 17, 2018 06:18 AM

kazmer said:

New features coming soon:
- display war machines
- select area on the map to be searched (you can use your own map image too)
- fix the pattern's location
- mirror the pattern vertically/horizontally (only once in the pattern editor, or for every battlefield during search)



Nice!
Again you are making some of my work wasted since there is now no longer need to manually flip patterns

Also same for pattern fixing... I once had found a very specific battlefield I wanted to use but it was in the wrong part of map. I spent a few hours looking at terrains of same type until finding it.... now it'll be instantaneous!

I'm curious about map image, how's it gonna work?
Generate png from mapeditor and then Explorer scales the area you select?
____________
My Let's Plays: Metataxer's Revenge - The Empire of The World 2

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
kazmer
kazmer

Tavern Dweller
posted January 17, 2018 12:40 PM
Edited by kazmer at 13:44, 17 Jan 2018.

RoseKavalier said:


Nice!
Again you are making some of my work wasted since there is now no longer need to manually flip patterns

Also same for pattern fixing... I once had found a very specific battlefield I wanted to use but it was in the wrong part of map. I spent a few hours looking at terrains of same type until finding it.... now it'll be instantaneous!

I'm curious about map image, how's it gonna work?
Generate png from mapeditor and then Explorer scales the area you select?


The image is just a visual aid, for selecting a specific area. Afterwards the searching will be restricted to this rectangle. As you see in the image, the selected area is really small, and there are only two matching battlefields inside. Using the whole map, the result should be 360 matches.
I don't plan to implement scaling at the moment. However, I do want to implement search for non standard map sizes, this area selection is a necessary part of it. Searching a 256x256 map would take ages (or eons with mirrored patterns ).

The war machines are also just a visual aid, so you can find similar battlefields to this one:

(Hint: there are none, but this one. )

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Jump To: « Prev Thread . . . Next Thread » This thread is 11 pages long: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 · «PREV
Post New Poll    Post New Topic    Post New Reply

Page compiled in 0.0565 seconds