Heroes of Might and Magic Community
visiting hero! Register | Today's Posts | Games | Search! | FAQ/Rules | AvatarList | MemberList | Profile


Age of Heroes Headlines:  
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
6 Aug 2016: Troubled Heroes VII Expansion Release - read more
26 Apr 2016: Heroes VII XPack - Trial by Fire - Coming out in June! - read more
17 Apr 2016: Global Alternative Creatures MOD for H7 after 1.8 Patch! - read more
7 Mar 2016: Romero launches a Piano Sonata Album Kickstarter! - read more
19 Feb 2016: Heroes 5.5 RC6, Heroes VII patch 1.7 are out! - read more
13 Jan 2016: Horn of the Abyss 1.4 Available for Download! - read more
17 Dec 2015: Heroes 5.5 update, 1.6 out for H7 - read more
23 Nov 2015: H7 1.4 & 1.5 patches Released - read more
31 Oct 2015: First H7 patches are out, End of DoC development - read more
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
[X] Remove Ads
LOGIN:     Username:     Password:         [ Register ]
HOMM1: info forum | HOMM2: info forum | HOMM3: info mods forum | HOMM4: info CTG forum | HOMM5: info mods forum | MMH6: wiki forum | MMH7: wiki forum
Heroes Community > MapHaven Guild > Thread: [H3] The Mapmaker's Thread
Thread: [H3] The Mapmaker's Thread This thread is 15 pages long: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 · «PREV
sirironfist
sirironfist


Known Hero
King of the ogres
posted September 15, 2020 04:12 PM
Edited by sirironfist at 16:17, 15 Sep 2020.

I want to make town portal accesible in a few towns, but not in all the others. So if I have it unchecked in the map specs, but at the same time I check town portal "may appear" in a given city, can it appear? What if I do "must appear" whilst it's uncheck in the specs?

Edit: Talking about Hota map editor here.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
FirePaladin
FirePaladin


Legendary Hero
Undorcover modder
posted September 15, 2020 05:27 PM

You have to use "Must appear" for it to work.
____________
"Goblins use pistols because a shotgun recoil would kick them off the ground flying."

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
sirironfist
sirironfist


Known Hero
King of the ogres
posted September 15, 2020 06:57 PM

Good to know, thanks.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
sirironfist
sirironfist


Known Hero
King of the ogres
posted September 16, 2020 02:57 PM

Another question: Can you do something to "motivate" the AI to recruit more heroes? All the different players on my G map never seem to have more than 2 or 3 heroes. (Hota again)

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Barbuta
Barbuta


Hired Hero
posted September 16, 2020 03:56 PM
Edited by Barbuta at 16:02, 16 Sep 2020.

sirironfist said:
Another question: Can you do something to "motivate" the AI to recruit more heroes? All the different players on my G map never seem to have more than 2 or 3 heroes. (Hota again)


The amount of heroes recruited by the AI depends on the difficulty you play on.

Easy: AI player does not hire more than 3 heroes and AI player does not hire new heroes if there are 9 or more heroes on the map (including the heroes of other players)
Normal: AI player does not hire more than 3 heroes and AI player does not hire new heroes if there are 12 or more heroes on the map (including the heroes of other players)
Hard: AI player does not hire more than 4 heroes and AI player does not hire new heroes if there are 15 or more heroes on the map (including the heroes of other players)
Expert: AI player does not hire more than 5 heroes and AI player does not hire new heroes if there are 18 or more heroes on the map (including the heroes of other players)
Impossible: AI player does not hire more than 6 heroes and AI player does not hire new heroes if there are 21 or more heroes on the map (including the heroes of other players)

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
sirironfist
sirironfist


Known Hero
King of the ogres
posted September 16, 2020 04:12 PM

Ooh, ok. That's a little silly. Is there any good reason for that rule?

I am playing on 200% with 8 players. Maybe I should just place an awful lot of prisons then.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
wenwell
wenwell


Adventuring Hero
posted March 31, 2021 01:41 PM
Edited by wenwell at 13:42, 31 Mar 2021.

Anchor point and one-tile teleportation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhPzJD5GiXc


 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
RoseKavalier
RoseKavalier


Admirable
Supreme Hero
posted April 01, 2021 04:01 PM

wenwell said:
Anchor point and one-tile teleportation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhPzJD5GiXc

Interesting but hdmod-specific
____________
My Let's Plays: Metataxer's Revenge - The Empire of The World 2

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
wenwell
wenwell


Adventuring Hero
posted April 01, 2021 05:30 PM
Edited by wenwell at 17:30, 01 Apr 2021.

RoseKavalier said:
Interesting but hdmod-specific


Only for the first day (Replay option is banned) but after this all the same, at least in my testing (we need to use Replay option right after disembarking).

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
RoseKavalier
RoseKavalier


Admirable
Supreme Hero
posted April 04, 2021 03:00 PM

Ah yes of course, good catch!
____________
My Let's Plays: Metataxer's Revenge - The Empire of The World 2

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
wenwell
wenwell


Adventuring Hero
posted April 13, 2021 04:06 PM

I checked subtype option in Creature Bank and found that some of them could be useful and not lead to crash, at least I hope so!

Subtype numbers: 7, 6, 50, 259, 221, 158, 160. I have not found crash pattern for this one but extensive testing recommended. Subtype 7 is a same as Shipwreck but with a changeable type of terrain.

Unstable (use at your own risk): 152, 161, 405, 930.

This all is found on a quick search.

Video: https://youtu.be/QDKoJSO0aMc

One with a magog as reward is my favorite.  

Any ideas how it could be improved or, maybe, this garbage might cause a crash at some point? Most of this subtypses work only in HD-mod

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
RoseKavalier
RoseKavalier


Admirable
Supreme Hero
posted April 13, 2021 10:14 PM

wenwell said:
I checked subtype option in Creature Bank and found that some of them could be useful and not lead to crash, at least I hope so!

Subtype numbers: 7, 6, 50, 259, 221, 158, 160. I have not found crash pattern for this one but extensive testing recommended. Subtype 7 is a same as Shipwreck but with a changeable type of terrain.

Unstable (use at your own risk): 152, 161, 405, 930.

This all is found on a quick search.

Video: https://youtu.be/QDKoJSO0aMc

One with a magog as reward is my favorite.  

Any ideas how it could be improved or, maybe, this garbage might cause a crash at some point? Most of this subtypses work only in HD-mod

Unfortunately, this is not a good "find".
You are reading random dynamic data that might be different every time you launch the game (or reboot, or on a different pc). In some rare subtypes it might just stumble on data that is static but it's still buggy as hell because the name of the object is set in there and that will almost always cause a crash.
____________
My Let's Plays: Metataxer's Revenge - The Empire of The World 2

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
wenwell
wenwell


Adventuring Hero
posted April 13, 2021 10:56 PM

RoseKavalier said:
Unfortunately, this is not a good "find".
You are reading random dynamic data that might be different every time you launch the game (or reboot, or on a different pc). In some rare subtypes it might just stumble on data that is static but it's still buggy as hell because the name of the object is set in there and that will almost always cause a crash.



Well, this is a reason why I called it garbage

I caught a random in a some subtypes but some of them remain static (those that are listed), unfortunately, it still randomized in the end. It's good that I asked you in advance.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Jump To: Next Thread » This thread is 15 pages long: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 · «PREV
Post New Poll    Post New Topic    Post New Reply

Page compiled in 0.0363 seconds