Heroes of Might and Magic Community
visiting hero! Register | Today's Posts | Games | Search! | FAQ/Rules | AvatarList | MemberList | Profile


Age of Heroes Headlines:  
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
6 Aug 2016: Troubled Heroes VII Expansion Release - read more
26 Apr 2016: Heroes VII XPack - Trial by Fire - Coming out in June! - read more
17 Apr 2016: Global Alternative Creatures MOD for H7 after 1.8 Patch! - read more
7 Mar 2016: Romero launches a Piano Sonata Album Kickstarter! - read more
19 Feb 2016: Heroes 5.5 RC6, Heroes VII patch 1.7 are out! - read more
13 Jan 2016: Horn of the Abyss 1.4 Available for Download! - read more
17 Dec 2015: Heroes 5.5 update, 1.6 out for H7 - read more
23 Nov 2015: H7 1.4 & 1.5 patches Released - read more
31 Oct 2015: First H7 patches are out, End of DoC development - read more
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
[X] Remove Ads
LOGIN:     Username:     Password:         [ Register ]
New Server | HOMM1: info forum | HOMM2: info forum | HOMM3: info forum | HOMM4: info forum | HOMM5: info forum | MMH6: wiki forum | MMH7: wiki forum
Heroes Community > MapHaven Guild > Thread: Heroes of Might and Magic 3: Map Editor – Unleashed
Thread: Heroes of Might and Magic 3: Map Editor – Unleashed This thread is 5 pages long: 1 2 3 4 5 · «PREV
Morgan1100
Morgan1100

Tavern Dweller
posted July 17, 2018 09:53 PM

RoseKavalier said:
@Morgan1100

Refugee camp creatures are randomly selected by Heroes3.exe every week. To change this, the h3m format requires to be changed (loss of compatibility) and need a new plugin to read new h3m format + know how to handle new refugee camp options. Finally, save game format also needs to be changed.

If there was a large number of players looking to use this type of modifications, it could be worth doing.

Понятно, спасибо.
А как насчет возможности менять надписи на объектах, в обычном редакторе не поддающиеся редактированию? Например, при встрече с Ученым всегда появляется надпись "Проезжая лесом, вы встречаете ученого мужа, который соглашается научить вас тому, что знает сам, перед тем как отправиться дальше". Можно ли поменять это сообщение или это сложно, потребует плагинов и т.д.? Аналогичные жестко заданные надписи есть на многих других объектах - Тюрьме, Утопии, Склепе и т.д.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
RoseKavalier
RoseKavalier


Honorable
Famous Hero
posted July 18, 2018 01:08 AM

They are not hard-coded, use MMArchive:
/Heroes3/Data/H3Bitmap.lod >> advevent.txt

Quote:

"{Dragon Utopia}

You stand before the Dragon Utopia, a place off-limits to mere humans.  Do you wish to violate this rule and challenge the Dragons to a fight?"

"As you ride into a clearing, you notice a university scholar resting his horse.  He agrees to teach you some of what he knows before setting off."


 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
Morgan1100
Morgan1100

Tavern Dweller
posted July 18, 2018 04:25 AM

Я открыл этот файл в txt - там какие-то жуткие неизвестные символы. ))
Наверное, как-то не так открыл, но дело даже не в этом: допустим, я отредактирую как-то этот файл у себя и надпись изменится - для меня. Но другие люди, которым я, например, отправлю сделанную мной карту ГММ3, будут видеть "стандартные" надписи, а не какие-то другие, так?

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
RoseKavalier
RoseKavalier


Honorable
Famous Hero
posted July 18, 2018 03:35 PM

Morgan1100 said:
Я открыл этот файл в txt - там какие-то жуткие неизвестные символы. ))
Наверное, как-то не так открыл, но дело даже не в этом: допустим, я отредактирую как-то этот файл у себя и надпись изменится - для меня. Но другие люди, которым я, например, отправлю сделанную мной карту ГММ3, будут видеть "стандартные" надписи, а не какие-то другие, так?


The new file can be placed in /Heroes3/Data/ folder, the same way as ARRAYTXT.TXT is used to show army size names. Simpler than using a plugin in my opinion.
Quote:
a Swarm ({250-499}) of

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
wenwell
wenwell

Tavern Dweller
posted July 23, 2018 03:36 PM
Edited by wenwell at 15:37, 23 Jul 2018.

New shrine of magic isn't work for me somehow. I select spells like a clone, berserk and so on, save a map, open again and data converted to random spell.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
RoseKavalier
RoseKavalier


Honorable
Famous Hero
posted July 23, 2018 08:07 PM

wenwell said:
New shrine of magic isn't work for me somehow. I select spells like a clone, berserk and so on, save a map, open again and data converted to random spell.


It's 100% saved to h3m if you launch the game the shrine is correctly set.

It's a similar issue to 4095 creatures, when loading the map there's a check for invalid values. I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Probably should have said this earlier, but it's on to-do list

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
wenwell
wenwell

Tavern Dweller
posted July 23, 2018 08:57 PM

RoseKavalier said:

It's 100% saved to h3m if you launch the game the shrine is correctly set.

It's a similar issue to 4095 creatures, when loading the map there's a check for invalid values. I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Probably should have said this earlier, but it's on to-do list


Tricky shrine, he's don't fool me more

Greet

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
orc
orc


Known Hero
posted July 27, 2018 03:49 PM

Rakso said:
Sorry. Wasn't active back then for a while. Here are the fixed working screenshots:





I need this map. From where to get it?

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Rakso
Rakso

Tavern Dweller
posted July 27, 2018 09:49 PM
Edited by Rakso at 21:50, 27 Jul 2018.

orc said:

I need this map. From where to get it?

Look at this topic: http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=45283
I didn't yet finished it tho. Few months - be patient please.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
wenwell
wenwell

Tavern Dweller
posted August 12, 2018 11:40 AM

In continue of theme about new magic shrines, it's important to note that selected spell would disappear if we're shift magic shrine in another place without reselection. It would not happen if map editor is open but if I close editor, open map again, shift magic shrine and save a map, spell would be randomly changed.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
RoseKavalier
RoseKavalier


Honorable
Famous Hero
posted August 12, 2018 07:14 PM
Edited by RoseKavalier at 19:16, 12 Aug 2018.

v1.04

DOWNLOAD

What's new

[+] Terrain type under mouse cursor is now shown in status bar hint
[+] SoD/WoG map versions have been split, for the most part
[ ] Shrines of Magic no longer reset during load when set to off-limits spells
[-] Fixed a typo in 4 side columns code that resulted in a warning

Hopefully this solves current issues.

Media dump and details

SoD and WoG map types have been split into separate instances.


If you select SoD map type, Save-As dialog automatically proposes SoD map type, and no option to convert to WoG.


If on the other hand you have a WoG map type, it will behave the same as currently: you have the option to convert between WoG/SoD - WoG being the default.



At any time you can switch between both types through Map Specifications, although this does not remove WoG items... maybe something for the future. The New Map dialog still shows combined WoG/SoD modes and random maps will feature some WoG items, but the default map type will be SoD. I don't really see a reason to spend time and energy splitting this feature given that HDmod offers way better RMG templates. The current split is more for convenience.


...

Tired of trying to figure out what the terrain is at a given location? Put your cursor over that tile and look in the status bar in the bottom - your answer lies here.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
Rakso
Rakso

Tavern Dweller
posted August 20, 2018 08:50 PM

What stats are required to be setup in the editor to cause a level 6424 hero to have 99/99/99/99 stats in game without any need of pandora's boxes?
No matter what I try I get 1/1 power/knowledge from both editor setting and by picking up pandora boxes.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Rince
Rince

Tavern Dweller
posted August 30, 2018 03:16 PM
Edited by Rince at 17:08, 30 Aug 2018.

Rakso said:
What stats are required to be setup in the editor to cause a level 6424 hero to have 99/99/99/99 stats in game without any need of pandora's boxes?
No matter what I try I get 1/1 power/knowledge from both editor setting and by picking up pandora boxes.

Every hero class has its own % of stats increase with leveling, so in many cases you have to put negative stats in the editor. There is a formula to calulate the resulting stats, but I don't remember where to find it, therefore you have to determine the starting stats experimentally.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Haregar
Haregar


Famous Hero
of destruction
posted August 30, 2018 06:05 PM

Excellent! Though I ended my adventure with mapmaking for HoMM 3 years ago, it's great to see releasing that kind of features. Because of that, our community of mapmakers was, is and will be active.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
RoseKavalier
RoseKavalier


Honorable
Famous Hero
posted September 02, 2018 05:55 PM

Rince said:
Rakso said:
What stats are required to be setup in the editor to cause a level 6424 hero to have 99/99/99/99 stats in game without any need of pandora's boxes?
No matter what I try I get 1/1 power/knowledge from both editor setting and by picking up pandora boxes.

Every hero class has its own % of stats increase with leveling, so in many cases you have to put negative stats in the editor. There is a formula to calulate the resulting stats, but I don't remember where to find it, therefore you have to determine the starting stats experimentally.

This is correct.

There are 255 random seeds for each hero which are used to determine secondary and primary skills levelup.

I have done a bit of experiments on this using plugins to roll through all 255 seeds quickly... it probably only needs to be done once for each hero class (and then maybe even once for every PRIMskill odds combination). I might finish my experiments and write a summary in the Strategists thread in the future.
In Deeply Inundated Dungeon, Gunnar's PRIMskill variance was roughly 10 between min and max value at level 868.

TL;DR
It depends on hero's class and 1-255 random seed. The stats gain generally don't have an overly large variance so with some trial and error you can figure it out for your needs.
____________
My Let's Plays: Metataxer's Revenge - The Empire of The World 2

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
Begrezen
Begrezen

Tavern Dweller
posted September 07, 2018 02:28 PM

I have a question. is it possible to create some buttons to speed up the work with the editor, which would shorten the tedious hand works xD For example:
- a button that would disable all spells, artifacts, heroes, etc. in the map settings.
- a button that, in one fell swoop, would change the rental options of the heroes (for example 1 click and all heroes of the bastion can only be hired by green and pink players)
- a button in garrisons, with the help of which you can generate random army or random army of a given town.
- a button that would change "never join" for all monsters on the map
Should I exchange further? : P
PS
where are the border gates arranged vertically?

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
RoseKavalier
RoseKavalier


Honorable
Famous Hero
posted September 07, 2018 08:58 PM

Begrezen said:
I have a question. is it possible to create some buttons to speed up the work with the editor, which would shorten the tedious hand works xD For example:
- a button that would disable all spells, artifacts, heroes, etc. in the map settings.
- a button that, in one fell swoop, would change the rental options of the heroes (for example 1 click and all heroes of the bastion can only be hired by green and pink players)
- a button in garrisons, with the help of which you can generate random army or random army of a given town.
- a button that would change "never join" for all monsters on the map
Should I exchange further? : P
PS
where are the border gates arranged vertically?


I thought about most of these, but I couldn't come up with a good way to implement them.
The "never join" mass button is a feasible feature but it's a lot of work (consider time vs benefit) for something that probably would see little use and moreover homm3tools can solve these issues in a few minutes of work.

There is no vertical border gate, only vertical garrisons.
____________
My Let's Plays: Metataxer's Revenge - The Empire of The World 2

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
Jump To: « Prev Thread . . . Next Thread » This thread is 5 pages long: 1 2 3 4 5 · «PREV
Post New Poll    Post New Topic    Post New Reply

Page compiled in 0.0784 seconds