Heroes of Might and Magic Community
visiting hero! Register | Today's Posts | Games | Search! | FAQ/Rules | AvatarList | MemberList | Profile


Age of Heroes Headlines:  
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
6 Aug 2016: Troubled Heroes VII Expansion Release - read more
26 Apr 2016: Heroes VII XPack - Trial by Fire - Coming out in June! - read more
17 Apr 2016: Global Alternative Creatures MOD for H7 after 1.8 Patch! - read more
7 Mar 2016: Romero launches a Piano Sonata Album Kickstarter! - read more
19 Feb 2016: Heroes 5.5 RC6, Heroes VII patch 1.7 are out! - read more
13 Jan 2016: Horn of the Abyss 1.4 Available for Download! - read more
17 Dec 2015: Heroes 5.5 update, 1.6 out for H7 - read more
23 Nov 2015: H7 1.4 & 1.5 patches Released - read more
31 Oct 2015: First H7 patches are out, End of DoC development - read more
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
[X] Remove Ads
LOGIN:     Username:     Password:         [ Register ]
New Server | HOMM1: info forum | HOMM2: info forum | HOMM3: info forum | HOMM4: info forum | HOMM5: info forum | MMH6: wiki forum | MMH7: wiki forum
Heroes Community > Heroes 3.5 - WoG and Beyond > Thread: [Official Thread] HoMM 3: Horn of the Abyss - Ideas and Suggestions
Thread: [Official Thread] HoMM 3: Horn of the Abyss - Ideas and Suggestions This thread is 19 pages long: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 · «PREV / NEXT»
Rage08
Rage08


Famous Hero
Making it in the real world
posted April 14, 2017 09:49 AM
Edited by Rage08 at 12:15, 14 Apr 2017.

I would love to see more mixed-creature banks like the Crypt.
For me, the Crypt epitomizes HoMM strategy, with early game tactics often being built around looting any within the starting area. The rare 10 Vampire Crypt teases a much desired reward if it can be licked in week 1. This is one of my favourite aspects of starting a game, because how you approach a Crypt will depend on which team you are and which level it is. I believe this is in large part due to the fact that you must battle a mix of creatures as opposed to all of the same.
HotA has already done a great job of introducing new banks, but the only mixed-creature bank so far has been the Temple of the Sea.
Below I give a few examples of some banks that I believe would offer unique strategies.


Outpost - this is basically an Erathian outpost populated with Castle units. It's organized very similar to a beefed up Crypt, rewarding gold and possibly wood/ore.

Tier 1 (30%)
Top left - 15 Pikemen
Top right - 15 Halberdiers
Middle right - 15 Pikemen
Bottom left - 15 Archers
Bottom right - 15 Marksmen
Reward - 1500 gold

Tier 2 (30%)
Top left - 5 Swordsmen
Top right - 20 Halberdiers
Middle right - 20 Pikemen
Bottom left - 15 Archers
Bottom right - 15 Marksmen
Reward - 3000 gold

Tier 3 (30%)
Top left - 10 Swordsmen
Top right - 30 Halberdiers
Bottom left - 2 Cavaliers
Bottom right - 30 Marksmen
Reward - 3750 gold, 5 wood and 5 ore

Tier 4 (10%)
Top left - 10 Crusaders
Top right - 30 Halberdiers
Bottom left - 4 Champions
Bottom right - 30 Marksmen
Reward - 7500 gold, 10 wood and 10 ore


Catacombs - the Catacombs are an underground cemetery, therefore they always take place on subterranean terrain similar to an Abandoned Mine. The Minotaurs are the guardians of the graves, maintaining positive morale even alongside the undead. The Liches are those risen from the graves. -1 to morale if already looted.

Tier 1 (30%)
Top left - 3 Liches
Top right - 3 Liches
Middle left - 3 Minotaurs
Middle right - 3 Minotaurs
Bottom left - 3 Liches
Bottom right - 3 Liches
Reward - 3000 gold and 1 treasure artifact

Tier 2 (30%)
Top left - 4 Liches
Top right - 4 Liches
Middle left -4 Minotaurs
Middle right - 4 Minotaurs
Bottom left - 4 Liches
Bottom right - 4 Liches
Reward - 4000 gold and 1 minor artifact

Tier 3 (30%)
Top left - 5 Liches
Top right - 5 Liches
Middle left - 5 Minotaurs
Middle right - 5 Minotaurs
Bottom left - 5 Liches
Bottom right - 5 Liches
Reward - 5000 gold, 1 treasure and 1 minor artifact

Tier 4 (10%)
Top left - 6 Liches
Top right - 6 Liches
Middle left - 6 Minotaurs
Middle right - 6 Minotaurs
Bottom left - 6 Liches
Bottom right - 6 Liches
Reward - 6000 gold, 1 major and 1 treasure artifact


Parthenon - any hero brave enough to challenge the guards of the Parthenon will be rewarded with riches as well as prowess in combat.

Tier 1 (30%)
Top left - 2 Archangels
Top right - 6 Giants
Bottom left - 3 Titans
Bottom right - 4 Angels
Reward - 15000 gold, +2 attack and defense

Tier 2 (30%)
Top left - 2 Archangels
Top right - 7 Giants
Bottom left - 4 Titans
Bottom right - 5 Angels
Reward - 20000 gold, +3 attack and defense

Tier 3 (30%)
Top left - 3 Archangels
Top right - 8 Giants
Bottom left - 4 Titans
Bottom right - 6 Angels
Reward - 25000 gold, +4 attack and defense

Tier 4 (10%)
Top left - 4 Archangels
Top right - 8 Giants
Bottom left - 5 Titans
Bottom right - 7 Angels
Reward - 40000 gold, +5 attack and defense
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Hourglass
Hourglass


Hired Hero
posted April 14, 2017 03:59 PM

Rage08 said:



Outpost - this is basically an Erathian outpost populated with Castle units. It's organized very similar to a beefed up Crypt, rewarding gold and possibly wood/ore.


I like this one. I feel that the game could use a bank giving mainly wood and ore, maybe the focus should be giving those first, and the gold would come in the higher difficulties. This could be a really good find in the beginning of the game.


Rage08 said:

Catacombs - the Catacombs are an underground cemetery, therefore they always take place on subterranean terrain similar to an Abandoned Mine. The Minotaurs are the guardians of the graves, maintaining positive morale even alongside the undead. The Liches are those risen from the graves. -1 to morale if already looted.



You wisely thought ahead a way of mixing an undead and living stacks together. However, I feel minotaurs and liches are too weird combination, especially when liches death cloud could also hit minotaurs.


Rage08 said:

Parthenon - any hero brave enough to challenge the guards of the Parthenon will be rewarded with riches as well as prowess in combat.



Again a creature bank with a fresh feeling. It's giving something else we don't currently have a reward: primary stats. Yes, one could gain primary stats with artifacts, but it's not the same thing. I would really like to see something like this in the game.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
phonyamerican
phonyamerican

Tavern Dweller
posted April 17, 2017 07:21 AM



Can you make a bridge that can cross 2+ hex, but that a boat may sail underneath?

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
krs
krs


Famous Hero
posted April 17, 2017 10:55 AM

+1 for the bridge

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Sokoro
Sokoro

Tavern Dweller
posted April 18, 2017 03:45 PM
Edited by Sokoro at 15:50, 18 Apr 2017.

Make the whole thing (Hota) open source, if it is not already.
That would benefit the community and make it easier for people to mod all aspects of the mod.

Also, I miss all those little stories you can read when you pick up an artifact or visit a windmill. Is there any option to turn them back on?

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Hourglass
Hourglass


Hired Hero
posted April 18, 2017 10:41 PM

Sokoro said:


Also, I miss all those little stories you can read when you pick up an artifact or visit a windmill. Is there any option to turn them back on?


That's not a Hota feature; it's part of the HD mod. Unfortunately I don't know how to "undo" this feature, but you can try asking this in the HD mod topic.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Maurice
Maurice

Hero of Order
Part of the furniture
posted April 19, 2017 01:02 AM

As far as I know, it's an option somewhere in HD's settings. Not sure where though, I just know it exists.
____________
The last Reasonable Steward of Good Game Design and a Responsible Hero of HC. - Verriker

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
phoenix4ever
phoenix4ever


Supreme Hero
Heroes is love, Heroes is life
posted April 19, 2017 06:11 PM
Edited by phoenix4ever at 10:05, 25 Apr 2017.

Feature for map makers:
Random spell scroll by level of spell. (As of now you can place a spell scroll, but you need to specify an exact spell.)
So a random level 1 spell scroll, random level 2 spell scroll etc. (If certain spells are banned by map maker, they should not appear randomly on a scroll.)

Improved AI:
Make AI able to use Tavern and Town Gate on the adventure map, currently they never use any of them.
Make AI able to use the 6 combat spells it will never use:
Quick Sand, Fire Wall, Remove Obstacle, Land Mine, Force Field and Berserk.
Make AI buy buildings it never buys, like Portal of Summoning and Mana Vortex in Dungeon and Lighthouse in Castle. (Castle's Lighthouse is bugged, it affects all players, hopefully you can fix it?)
But also Freelancer's Guild in Stronghold and Thieves Guild and Grotto in Cove, if AI knows how to take advantage of these buildings.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
bloodsucker
bloodsucker


Supreme Hero
posted April 20, 2017 06:49 PM
Edited by bloodsucker at 19:46, 20 Apr 2017.

I know it is suposed HotA preserves the spirit of original Homm 3 and WoG was made to give more control to the mapmakers and all that but now that I feel more at ease with the editor and know how to copy pictures to create a map, I would love to retake the task of recreating the 12 works of Heracles, I once tried on a random modified map and quit because the 'geography' made no sense, but goddamned if I'm going to use Haart's face for Heracles and so on, please give us an easy way of importing pictures for heroes icons, like already exists in WoG.
Also, for custom 1XAll single player maps, I would love to have the possibility of changing heroes specialty. For instance, in the map I'm making there is a strongest opponent, he is Dungeon and I gave him Gunnar, Tazar and Gundula but not Thorgrim or Crag, cause while I have no Fortress faction on the map I have a Rampart and a Stronghold and I gave the last ones to them. If I could all opponents would had started with something as good as Dungeon player but I can't and honestly don't see why, I'm pretty sure the hardest part of codding this would be the interface.  

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Sav
Sav


Known Hero
posted April 20, 2017 07:57 PM
Edited by Sav at 20:06, 20 Apr 2017.

bloodsucker said:
I know it is suposed HotA preserves the spirit of original Homm 3 and WoG was made to give more control to the mapmakers and all that but now that I feel more at ease with the editor and know how to copy pictures to create a map, I would love to retake the task of recreating the 12 works of Heracles, I once tried on a random modified map and quit because the 'geography' made no sense, but goddamned if I'm going to use Haart's face for Heracles and so on, please give us an easy way of importing pictures for heroes icons, like already exists in WoG.

This option persists in semi-official adaptation of GrayFace patch: http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=39830&PID=1344994#focus

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
skaniol
skaniol

Tavern Dweller
posted April 21, 2017 04:38 AM

Sokoro said:

Also, I miss all those little stories you can read when you pick up an artifact or visit a windmill. Is there any option to turn them back on?

Yes, there is. The user Mehtih asked for it earlier in this thread on the 2nd page. The option was mentioned a few posts below.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
fred79
fred79


Promising
Undefeatable Hero
posted April 21, 2017 11:16 PM

phonyamerican said:


Can you make a bridge that can cross 2+ hex, but that a boat may sail underneath?


you can make that yourself. just make the 1st and 3rd box in the def one specific portal(make sure no other portals on the map are the same as the bridge, of course), and make the 2nd box in the def(the one that crosses water passable. i did it for one map myself(using my docks, but the theory is the same).

like this:


 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
phonyamerican
phonyamerican

Tavern Dweller
posted April 22, 2017 12:04 AM

fred79 said:
phonyamerican said:


Can you make a bridge that can cross 2+ hex, but that a boat may sail underneath?


you can make that yourself. just make the 1st and 3rd box in the def one specific portal(make sure no other portals on the map are the same as the bridge, of course), and make the 2nd box in the def(the one that crosses water passable. i did it for one map myself(using my docks, but the theory is the same).

like this:




I will try it, thank you!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
P4R4D0X0N
P4R4D0X0N


Famous Hero
posted April 22, 2017 06:59 PM

That a good idea with the portal solution. Lets hope it'll get in HotA. only problem actually is the count for these bridges since its not possible so far to dynamic link objects in mapeditor

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Jaynetics
Jaynetics

Tavern Dweller
posted April 24, 2017 07:52 PM

Hourglass said:
Rage08 said:

Catacombs - the Catacombs are an underground cemetery, therefore they always take place on subterranean terrain similar to an Abandoned Mine. The Minotaurs are the guardians of the graves, maintaining positive morale even alongside the undead. The Liches are those risen from the graves. -1 to morale if already looted.



You wisely thought ahead a way of mixing an undead and living stacks together. However, I feel minotaurs and liches are too weird combination, especially when liches death cloud could also hit minotaurs.


I love this idea, but also think that Minotaurs aren't quite the right fit. Maybe Gargoyles or Golems could act as guardians of the graves?

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Pollo2002
Pollo2002


Known Hero
posted May 02, 2017 02:36 AM
Edited by Pollo2002 at 02:39, 02 May 2017.

My suggestion to fix the magic system:
-The main reason Most of the magic system is broken is mass spells
here are a few suggestions to fix mass spells:

A) Make mass spells separate spells like Heroes 2.
B) Remove mass spells (Expert magic just further increase the effect of the spell)
C) Make mass spells Cost more magic. (7 times more!) So you can't cast a series of extremely powerful spells with 3 Knowledge.

(You can choose with ctrl click or something, Cast the non mass version of the spell if so do you wish)

- Make Spellpower affect enchantment power.
For example Stoneskin would give, instead of 3 Defense. 1 Defense + (0.5 Defense* Spellpower) Rounded down.

To compensate, duration of spells instead of being Spellpower=Turns. Would be like Spellpower*0.5= Turns.
Right now, once you have 5 or 6 Spellspower, the spell may as well be infinite.

I have ideas on how to apply spellpower to all spells, if the idea gets any support.


- Buffing most of the useless spells.


 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
phoenix4ever
phoenix4ever


Supreme Hero
Heroes is love, Heroes is life
posted May 05, 2017 12:49 PM
Edited by phoenix4ever at 13:32, 05 May 2017.

Would it be possible to make morale and luck go from -5 to +5 or -6 to +6 instead of -3 to +3? That would make Leadership and Luck better and perhaps not make Melodias (and perhaps Daremyths) special completely useless.
(-5 or -6 should be 41,7% or 50% chance and that is perhaps too extreme?, then morale and luck could also go from -3 to +5 or +6)
Actually I think I like -3 to +6 the most, that would be 25% chance in both cases.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
WarstarX
WarstarX

Tavern Dweller
posted May 05, 2017 07:26 PM

This:

Properties in shipyard for building different types of ships (or more different shipyards for different types of ships)
I'd like to build pirate ships not just from the towns

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
P4R4D0X0N
P4R4D0X0N


Famous Hero
posted May 06, 2017 06:55 PM
Edited by P4R4D0X0N at 18:56, 06 May 2017.

phoenix4ever said:
Would it be possible to make morale and luck go from -5 to +5 or -6 to +6 instead of -3 to +3? That would make Leadership and Luck better and perhaps not make Melodias (and perhaps Daremyths) special completely useless.
(-5 or -6 should be 41,7% or 50% chance and that is perhaps too extreme?, then morale and luck could also go from -3 to +5 or +6)
Actually I think I like -3 to +6 the most, that would be 25% chance in both cases.


50% is much too extreme yeah... +6 should be at max ~20-25% actual +3 is only 12,5%... every 4th or 5th hit/turn could be still too OP.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
phe
phe


Famous Hero
Life and Freedom
posted May 06, 2017 07:59 PM
Edited by phe at 20:04, 06 May 2017.

extra damage caused by Luck for Melodia and Daremyth could be increased +25%+1%xlevel...

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Jump To: « Prev Thread . . . Next Thread » This thread is 19 pages long: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 · «PREV / NEXT»
Post New Poll    Post New Topic    Post New Reply

Page compiled in 0.0548 seconds