Heroes of Might and Magic Community
visiting hero! Register | Today's Posts | Games | Search! | FAQ/Rules | AvatarList | MemberList | Profile


Age of Heroes Headlines:  
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
6 Aug 2016: Troubled Heroes VII Expansion Release - read more
26 Apr 2016: Heroes VII XPack - Trial by Fire - Coming out in June! - read more
17 Apr 2016: Global Alternative Creatures MOD for H7 after 1.8 Patch! - read more
7 Mar 2016: Romero launches a Piano Sonata Album Kickstarter! - read more
19 Feb 2016: Heroes 5.5 RC6, Heroes VII patch 1.7 are out! - read more
13 Jan 2016: Horn of the Abyss 1.4 Available for Download! - read more
17 Dec 2015: Heroes 5.5 update, 1.6 out for H7 - read more
23 Nov 2015: H7 1.4 & 1.5 patches Released - read more
31 Oct 2015: First H7 patches are out, End of DoC development - read more
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
[X] Remove Ads
LOGIN:     Username:     Password:         [ Register ]
New Server | HOMM1: info forum | HOMM2: info forum | HOMM3: info forum | HOMM4: info forum | HOMM5: info forum | MMH6: wiki forum | MMH7: wiki forum
Heroes Community > Bards Glade Pyre (RPG) > Thread: Pokémon - Adventures in Helnith (RPG)
Thread: Pokémon - Adventures in Helnith (RPG) This Popular Thread is 268 pages long: 1 30 60 90 120 150 180 210 ... 238 239 240 241 242 ... 268 · «PREV / NEXT»
Kareeah_Indaga
Kareeah_Indaga


Responsible
Legendary Hero
posted April 07, 2016 12:44 AM
Edited by Kareeah_Indaga at 17:21, 10 Apr 2016.

Ooo, awkward. "I suppose that's just as well. They're a group bent on stopping Bandra—but they were hit hard a few days ago and what's left of their leadership is feuding."

EDIT:

There was a moment of awkward silence where no one spoke. "...But you are interested in fighting Bandra yourself? Keep in mind that this is not your typical Pokemon journey. This is a war, and once you get tangled up in it you're not likely to be able to walk away—Bandra is big, and powerful, and dangerous. It's going to be an uphill fight." If not a losing one.

____________
Helnith Dice Roll Thread

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
AlkarRahn
AlkarRahn


Promising
Legendary Hero
Divine Arcanist
posted April 11, 2016 01:57 AM

"Is that why you're so... Well, like that?" Jack asks, nodding to Mina.
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Kareeah_Indaga
Kareeah_Indaga


Responsible
Legendary Hero
posted April 11, 2016 02:27 AM

"...Excuse me?" Mina responded, not sure what he meant. "You mean this?" she gestured to her injured arm. "Yes."
____________
Helnith Dice Roll Thread

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
AlkarRahn
AlkarRahn


Promising
Legendary Hero
Divine Arcanist
posted April 11, 2016 04:13 AM

"Well, I guess it would be better if I wasn't going after them alone then. Maybe with you two? Maybe getting some more help along the way?"
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Gnomes2169
Gnomes2169


Honorable
Undefeatable Hero
Duke of the Glade
posted April 12, 2016 08:52 AM

Mark would have been standing there a little bit awkwardly, rubbing at the back of his head with the prosthetic limb while trying to figure out how he would be able to salvage the conversation. Fortunately, thanks to Mina he didn't have to! "Um... W-well Mina and I actually came up with a f-few strategies to fight against Bandra a little while back. We would have to learn what pokemon you have in your team but... well, I'm certain we can come up with something!"
____________
Pokemon Helnith character sheets!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
AlkarRahn
AlkarRahn


Promising
Legendary Hero
Divine Arcanist
posted April 13, 2016 03:23 PM

"Why don't I just show you?" Jack calls out his pokemon.((I don't remember the sizes of them, but if any are big, Jack will just mention it instead))
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Kareeah_Indaga
Kareeah_Indaga


Responsible
Legendary Hero
posted April 15, 2016 12:01 AM

((Your biggest Pokemon is your Snover at 3' 3", the rest are all around 1'. You're good. ))


Mina looked Jack's Pokemon over, then gave them a brief scan with her Pokedex. Most of them were species she didn't recognize, but then, there were a lot of species she'd been running across since coming to Helnith that she didn't know.

Hmm, the Horsea will be useful. And the little creature was cute too; Mina wondered if she could come up with a good excuse to get Jack to let her pet it later.  

The Bug types are going to be squished by Geodude the first time he ends up fighting Grunts...wait, is that Grass typing? Mina peered closer at the 'dex; it was. That...could be good or bad, depending on if the Wispafeyrn go in first. The Pokedex had had enough time to scan by now that it could give her attacks, which it did. Razor leaf...drat, that would be useful if we could keep that Pokemon conscious... Mina went over their options there; none of her Pokemon knew Water Sport or Rain Dance, and with that double weakness to Fire the Swadloon would need some kind of help. Frequently. (Mina had no real opinion on the Venipede.)

The Snover... Mina frowned when she saw the typing, then grimaced once the 'dex told her what that 'Snow Warning' ability did. Ice and Grass were both useful against Geodude, but...

Weak to Fighting. Weak to Rock. Double weak to Fire. That's almost every single Grunt Pokemon we've ever encountered. And a special ability that's going to hurt everything that tries to help except Lapras, who is mostly in the same boat. Oww.

The upshot was Jack could counteract enemy Sandstorms. I'd feel a lot better if we had more weather moves though.

Mina summed up her entire examination with one, dead-serious remark: "Just as a courtesy of one trainer to another, don't go anywhere near Bandra until you get at least one more Pokemon resistant to Fire."

____________
Helnith Dice Roll Thread

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
AlkarRahn
AlkarRahn


Promising
Legendary Hero
Divine Arcanist
posted April 15, 2016 01:31 AM

"Resistant to fire types? Okay." Jack starts searching his pokedex to see what he can find of the sort. "Any idea where I can go to find any such pokemon?"
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Kareeah_Indaga
Kareeah_Indaga


Responsible
Legendary Hero
posted April 15, 2016 11:32 PM

Mina, who had only been in town for a few days and thus was only a little more familiar with the region than Jack, thought for a moment.

Rock types in the Shatterhigh mountains? Wait, they're crawling with Bandra. Kindergeist up in Ternai? ...Bandra has that too. Umm...

"You could try asking some of the Breeders around town I suppose. Or if you don't mind walking, maybe go looking for Water Pokemon on the coast east of here—I think it's still Bandra-free."

____________
Helnith Dice Roll Thread

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
AlkarRahn
AlkarRahn


Promising
Legendary Hero
Divine Arcanist
posted April 16, 2016 03:32 AM

"The coast east of here..." Jack checked if he could pull up a map of the area to figure out which way he should go. "I think I'll go do that." Jack, still looking at his dex, started heading for the door. He almost walked into the framing, but caught himself at the last second. "If either of you would like to help find one, I wouldn't turn you down." With that, he left the room.
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Kareeah_Indaga
Kareeah_Indaga


Responsible
Legendary Hero
posted April 17, 2016 02:07 AM

All:

((gorman introductory post, I choose you!))

Jack turns to go about the same time Nurse Joy speaks up.

"Matt, your Pokemon are ready." The nurse smiles at an older man sitting off to the side in the Center lobby. She gently slides a half-filled tray across the counter in his direction, along with a Pokedex. "And I've updated your Pokedex with the latest software."

((Note for gorman: We've got Pokedexs set up so that occasionally you can get Apps to expand their functionality. Just to start out with I'm giving you the Phone App, the Texting App, and the Map App, so your character will be able to message or call people with the Pokedex.))

"And Mina?" The nurse waves the black-haired teen over. "I have something for you too." Nurse Joy hands Mina a folder. Mina picks it up and steps away from the counter just enough to be out of the way before glancing at its contents. Then her eyes widen and she closes it abruptly before returning to Mark.

----------------

Jack:

((Give me two d100 rolls for the trip there, then another d100 for every 10 minutes you want to spend searching the coast.))

____________
Helnith Dice Roll Thread

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
gorman
gorman


Promising
Supreme Hero
Been around since before 2003
posted April 17, 2016 04:17 AM

"Ah, thank you Nurse Joy. After my journey here I was worried they'd be tired too, even if they're just resting in their pokeballs!"

To think it all happened so fast, one minute sailing along the seaand then bam! Sirens blaring, evacuations issued, and the ship starts listing to one side. All of my clothes and trinkets I had purchased went down with the ship, but at least I was able to save my childhood friends. Despite losing my job and needing a vacation, the trip had been pretty enjoyable up to that point. It had been years since I've done anything with my pokemon.

"Well," I say to nobody in particular as I head towards the door, "guess I'll see what's around town. Might need some supplies, potions, balls.... Hmm...."

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Gnomes2169
Gnomes2169


Honorable
Undefeatable Hero
Duke of the Glade
posted April 17, 2016 02:23 PM

Shrugging a little, Mark would say to Jack, "Maybe later... gotta get plans ready for things later, and being the new P-Pokemon idol come Friday will take work, you know!"

Waving as the other boy left, Mark would wait for Mina to return and then tilted his head ever so slightly at her. "Um... is everything alright? And uh.. s-sorry about the mistake. Could have sworn that he was... you know... part of the squad..." He would mumble, voice becoming more sheepish as he went along and rubbing at one of his shoulders.
____________
Pokemon Helnith character sheets!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Kareeah_Indaga
Kareeah_Indaga


Responsible
Legendary Hero
posted April 17, 2016 06:14 PM

Matt:

((I'm starting you out with 3000 PD. The rest of your starting supplies can be viewed here. Let me know if you have problems with the link.))

Being around dinner time, there are a fair number of people out and about, many of them headed into or out of what looks like a bar, from which the smells of better-than-Pokemon-Center-fare food and the sounds of Pokemon battling emerge. Near one of the houses, a man is looking over some kind of fluffy, cream-colored dog Pokemon while surrounded by a gaggle of Coordinators, and a small flock of bird Pokemon (mostly Murkrow) are squabbling near the entrance to the Park. And just outside the Center, a Breeder is calling for his Pichu which appears to be climbing the helicopter wreck you'd noticed on your way inside.



((Fuchsia rectangle – Contest Hall
Aqua circles – wells
Gold squares – entrance to the Park (think Amity Square – you take a single Pokemon for a walk and they'll occasionally find Contest Accessories and such.)
Dark yellow rectangle – bar. Battleground equivalent.
White square – Pokemon Center
Gray square – Mart
Blue square – houses

The helicopter wreck isn't marked, but it's just south of the Pokemon Center.))

----------------

Jack:

Your trip to the coast is uneventful, no Pokemon showing themselves in this barren portion of the region, and you arrive around 9PM. The coast itself shows a little more activity; whatever force or forces affecting Helnith have not gotten outside of it yet, and the currents from the rest of the world bring in a steady supply of new life. And in this hot, dry region it probably helps that the coast is by definition near water.

Twenty minutes into your search you notice movement in the dark: a couple of Murkrow are squabbling over a Tentacool washed up on the beach. The latter might even be twitching a little, but the could just be from the Murkrow...

((Let me know if you stop for this, otherwise, moving on...))

Maybe half-an-hour later, you catch a soft, rhythmic sound coming from on top of a pillar of coral exposed by the low tide. It might be...breathing?

----------------

Mark and Mina:

Mina took the time to scoot over to an abandoned corner first, making sure no one but Mark was watching before flipping open the folder again and replying.

"I...don't know. It might be okay..." Mina shook herself a little. "And don't worry about that; the Starlight Squad don't exactly have uniforms. I think they do have a sort of pin they carry," she added, reminiscing—hadn't Christian had something like that? But it didn't matter now. Mina's next words were a low whisper. "Mark, this is a background check."

____________
Helnith Dice Roll Thread

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
gorman
gorman


Promising
Supreme Hero
Been around since before 2003
posted April 18, 2016 02:01 AM

After checking my gear and leaving the Pokecenter, I take a casual stroll towards the delicious smell that's wafting from the building ahead of me. As I walk slowly, I keep my eyes and ears open for any useful information. Also having noticed the odd dog being obsessed over, I make a note to check the pokedex to see what the pokemon is. As well as debate on if I should check a little closer on what's going on with them, or if I should listen to the rumbling in my stomach demanding sustenance.
____________
When all else fails... read the instruction booklet!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
AlkarRahn
AlkarRahn


Promising
Legendary Hero
Divine Arcanist
posted April 18, 2016 02:17 AM

((Tentacool is actually one I was considering too, but didn't list))

"Hey! Get away from that Tentacool! Horsea, come on out and use Bubble on those Murkrow!" he called out, sending out Horsea.

((Bubble: (1d100)[6]
effect: (1d100)[62]
main target: (1d2)[1]))
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Kareeah_Indaga
Kareeah_Indaga


Responsible
Legendary Hero
posted April 19, 2016 12:42 AM

Matt:

Circling around a big scorch mark in the center of the town square takes you closer, and the man with the Coordinators isn't making any particular effort to be quiet; you can hear him clearly on your way across the town square:

"...I'm sorry Heidi, but he still needs a little more work," he's telling a younger girl; presumably the Pokemon's trainer. There is a chorus of disappointed 'Awww's from the surrounding Coordinators and the girl looks unhappy. "Now, don't fret; take this and try it with your next batch of Poffin." He hands the girl something green—a toy? A piece of fruit?—and she scampers off to the Contest Hall, the dog Pokemon taking off after her a heartbeat later and barking as if to say 'hey, wait for me!' You get a good look at it with your Pokedex meanwhile; the 'dex identifies it as a Pompuff, a Pokemon native to Helnith.



It—presumably he, judging by the ears—disappears into the Contest Hall about the time you reach the bar, and you're just in time to see the aftermath of the last match. The battle ring is clearing, and one of the wait staff is passing a plate of food to the victor, who takes a seat nearby to eat. The loser pushes past you with a hurried "'Scuse me I gotta go to the Center!" It's very nearly packed with the dinner crowd, but even so you can see a couple trainers eyeing the now-empty ring and each other as though waiting to see who will jump in first.

----------------

Jack:

((When hitting multiple targets, roll crit and any special effects for EACH target—otherwise the most you'll get them on is one opponent. The dice love you, BTW.))

Horsea uses Bubble!
Critical hit!
Murkrow 1 is hit for 42 damage!
Critical hit!
Murkrow 2 is hit for 45 damage!

Both Murkrow take to the air with angry squawks. The Tentacool—assuming it's even still alive—doesn't move; it doesn't look like any help will be coming from that quarter.

((Not that you need it with those rolls! XD))

Horsea: 57/57

Murkrow 1: 20/62
Murkrow 2: 17/62

____________
Helnith Dice Roll Thread

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
AlkarRahn
AlkarRahn


Promising
Legendary Hero
Divine Arcanist
posted April 19, 2016 02:26 AM

((Wasn't sure about the way a group-hit move worked. Now I know))

"Wonderful, Horsea! Now, let's try and take one down. Use bubblebeam on that one!" Jack calls out, pointing to a Murkrow.((#2))

((bubblebeam: (1d100)[31]
effect: (1d100)[30]))
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Kareeah_Indaga
Kareeah_Indaga


Responsible
Legendary Hero
posted April 19, 2016 03:48 AM

Jack:

Horsea uses Bubblebeam!

The second Murkrow goes tumbling into the rocks and does not rise. Its companion retaliates with a blast of ghostly energy.

Murkrow 1 uses Nightshade!
Horsea is hit for 21 damage!

Horsea: 36/57

Murkrow 1: 20/62
Murkrow 2: 0/62

____________
Helnith Dice Roll Thread

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
AlkarRahn
AlkarRahn


Promising
Legendary Hero
Divine Arcanist
posted April 19, 2016 03:58 AM

"Great! Hit the other one with the same!"

((bubblebeam again: (1d100)[49]
effect: (1d100)[84]))
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Jump To: Next Thread » This Popular Thread is 268 pages long: 1 30 60 90 120 150 180 210 ... 238 239 240 241 242 ... 268 · «PREV / NEXT»
Post New Poll    Post New Topic    Post New Reply

Page compiled in 0.0989 seconds