Heroes of Might and Magic Community
visiting hero! Register | Today's Posts | Games | Search! | FAQ/Rules | AvatarList | MemberList | Profile


Age of Heroes Headlines:  
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
6 Aug 2016: Troubled Heroes VII Expansion Release - read more
26 Apr 2016: Heroes VII XPack - Trial by Fire - Coming out in June! - read more
17 Apr 2016: Global Alternative Creatures MOD for H7 after 1.8 Patch! - read more
7 Mar 2016: Romero launches a Piano Sonata Album Kickstarter! - read more
19 Feb 2016: Heroes 5.5 RC6, Heroes VII patch 1.7 are out! - read more
13 Jan 2016: Horn of the Abyss 1.4 Available for Download! - read more
17 Dec 2015: Heroes 5.5 update, 1.6 out for H7 - read more
23 Nov 2015: H7 1.4 & 1.5 patches Released - read more
31 Oct 2015: First H7 patches are out, End of DoC development - read more
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
[X] Remove Ads
LOGIN:     Username:     Password:         [ Register ]
HOMM1: info forum | HOMM2: info forum | HOMM3: info mods forum | HOMM4: info CTG forum | HOMM5: info mods forum | MMH6: wiki forum | MMH7: wiki forum
Heroes Community > Bards Glade Pyre (RPG) > Thread: Pokémon - Adventures in Helnith (RPG)
Thread: Pokémon - Adventures in Helnith (RPG) This Popular Thread is 329 pages long: 1 40 80 120 160 200 ... 239 240 241 242 243 ... 280 320 329 · «PREV / NEXT»
gorman
gorman


Promising
Legendary Hero
Been around since before 2003
posted April 19, 2016 04:05 AM

"Congratulations on your victory" I say to the winner as I order a plate of food for myself. Thinking for a minute I order a plate for the pokemon as I can't recall the last time I fed them.

As I wait for their food and sip a glass of cool, refreshing water, I release the pokemon so they might be able to watch others' battle while waiting for their food as well.

As I look over my pokemon I laugh and say to them, "Things have sure changed since coming here huh?! A long way from home, nearly broke, and next to no belongings... Not that there's anything at home for us anyways, right guys?! Oh, and lady!" As Mareep gives me a dirty look. "We'll manage just fine, just like the good old days when we adventured!"
____________
When all else fails... Take notes.... ALL the time... ESPECIALLY when playing D&D.... or Pokemon in my case

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Kareeah_Indaga
Kareeah_Indaga


Responsible
Undefeatable Hero
posted April 20, 2016 12:50 AM

Jack:

The second Murkrow doesn't even have time to flee before it too goes tumbling out of the sky unconscious. Something shiny drops out of its claws and goes bouncing away after it.

With both scavengers gone, you can see that, yes, that Tentacool is twitching of its own accord, so it's definitely alive, although battered.

((Normally I'd ask for that d100, but it's half-dead and you just rescued it from scavengers. If you want it just tell me what kind of Pokeball you use. ))

----------------

Matt:

At last the trainers eyeing each other seem to wordlessly work out who's going to go next, and a sandy-hair trainer in knee-length shorts scrambles into the ring to face off against a girl in a wide-brimmed straw hat. The former calls out a Sandshrew, the latter a Cacnea.

Cacnea uses Absorb!
Sandshrew is hit for 8 damage!
It's super effective!

Despite the readout from your Pokedex proclaiming this, the Sandshrew barely seems to be scratched. You can see the Sandshrew biting down on something, and sure enough it seems its trainer planned for Grass attacks:

Sandshrew uses its held Rindo Berry to absorb damage!

Sandshrew uses Defense Curl!
Sandshrew's Defense rises!

The girl in the hat taunts her opponent: "Silly! Absorb is a Special move! Defense Curl only works against Physical moves! Do it again, Cacnea!"

"That's not what I had in mind anyway. Rollout, Sandshrew!

Cacnea uses Absorb!
Sandshrew is hit for 16 damage!
It's super effective!

This hit hurts the Sandshrew a little more, but still not as hard as you'd expected. A moment of scanning with the Pokedex tells you why:

Pokemon: Sandshrew
Type: Ground
Ability: Sand Veil
Gender: Female
Level: 21
Held Item: None
Stats—
HP: 58
Attack: 43
Def: 47
Sp. Attack: 19
Sp. Def: 24+16
Speed: 28

Apparently her trainer has been training her Special Defense exclusively.

Sandshrew uses Rollout! ((Just barely hit! ))

The Cacnea almost manages to dodge, but runs out of battle ring to dodge into, and ends up taking the Rock attack in the side, bending several spines in the process.

Cacnea is hit for 21 damage!

The rest of the match boils down to a race between the Sandshrew building up momentum while the Cacnea frantically tries to whittle it down and heal. A race the Cacnea narrowly wins, thanks to the Speed training it seems to have:

Pokemon: Cacnea
Type: Grass
Ability: Sand Veil
Gender: Female
Level: 20
Held Item: Rawst Berry
Stats—
HP: 56+5
Attack: 45
Def: 27
Sp. Attack: 45
Sp. Def: 27
Speed: 25+10

Cacnea uses Absorb!
Sandshrew is hit for 18 damage!
It's super effective!
Cacnea is healed for 9 HP!

Sandshrew uses Rollout!
Cacnea is hit for 39 damage!

Cacnea uses Absorb!
Sandshrew is hit for 19 damage!
It's super effective!
Sandshrew faints!
Cacnea is healed for 9 HP!

Cacnea: 19/61

Sandshrew: 0/58 (Defense up 1 level)

Both trainers recall their Pokemon and shake hands.

"Nice match!"

"You almost had me there!"

Meanwhile the waitress brings you your food, and not long after your bill ((-500 PD x2 = 2,000 PD remaining)), but tells you (after remarking that she's not seen you here before) that if you participate in a match here, you can get your meal for free in the future, plus a small cut of sales made during the match if you win.

____________
Adventures in Helnith has moved!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
AlkarRahn
AlkarRahn


Promising
Legendary Hero
Divine Arcanist
posted April 20, 2016 02:28 AM

Jack ran over to the Tentacool with a pokeball in hand.((basic)) "Hang in there. We'll get you to a pokemon center soon. For now, though, you'll be safe in here." He uses the pokeball to catch the Tentacool. He then looks around for whatever the Murkrow had dropped.
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Kareeah_Indaga
Kareeah_Indaga


Responsible
Undefeatable Hero
posted April 20, 2016 04:25 AM
Edited by Kareeah_Indaga at 11:47, 20 Apr 2016.

Jack:

The Pokeball doesn't even shake.

You caught Tentacool!

Pokemon: Tentacool
Type: Water/Poison
Ability: Liquid Ooze
Gender: Male
Level: 20
Held Item: NONE
NOTES: Injuries.
Stats—
HP: 52
Attack: 27
Def: 25 (20)
Sp. Attack: 31
Sp. Def: 51
Speed: 39

Moves:
Poison Sting
Supersonic
Constrict
Acid
Toxic Spikes
Bubblebeam

Do you want to give a nickname to Tentacool?

((He has 4 HP presently. And as you don't have six Pokemon yet, he stays in your party for now.))

After a little searching, you find the shiny thing—a small Pearl.

____________
Adventures in Helnith has moved!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
AlkarRahn
AlkarRahn


Promising
Legendary Hero
Divine Arcanist
posted April 20, 2016 05:23 AM
Edited by AlkarRahn at 05:34, 20 Apr 2016.

Jack claimed the pearl, and started searching around some more. Jack called out the Tentacool and used a super potion on it. A trip to the center was still a good Idea, but this could stall that off. He then began his search again. Maybe he could get another. Once the rhythmic sound is heard, he went to investigate.
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Gnomes2169
Gnomes2169


Honorable
Undefeatable Hero
Duke of the Glade
posted April 20, 2016 02:11 PM

Tilting his head ever so slightly, Mark would walk to look over Mina's shoulder and give the report a looking at. "Um... background check for... who?" He asks, the derpy boy not in any way thinking that Mina could have gotten a background check on Jack by now, but still curious as to what this could be.
____________
Yeah in the 18th century, two inventions suggested a method of measurement. One won and the other stayed in America.
-Ghost destroying Fred

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Kareeah_Indaga
Kareeah_Indaga


Responsible
Undefeatable Hero
posted April 21, 2016 12:03 AM

Jack:

((Tentacool now at full HP! ))

After a little searching in the dark you find a way to climb up on the coral formation. Once at the top you see an oddly smooth upthrust of stone—shell? Coral?—sticking out of what appears to be a large sea sponge...and then you realize you're looking at it wrong; that's a Psyduck lying on its back. It doesn't move or react to you in any way at all, and after another moment you realize it's sound asleep.

Psyduck: 60/60 (Asleep)

----------------

Mark and Mina:

((And he's right to be derpy about that; those things usually take a couple weeks.))

Mina nodded in the direction of the door and now-absent Jack. "The good news is I'm not seeing anything about murder or theft in here...do you think we can trust him?" If Jack really had taken off to look for Pokemon they probably had a few hours before it mattered, but there was no sense in waiting.

____________
Adventures in Helnith has moved!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
AlkarRahn
AlkarRahn


Promising
Legendary Hero
Divine Arcanist
posted April 21, 2016 01:17 AM

"Well, another one wouldn't hurt." Jack sent out Swadloon. "Use razor leaf on that Psyduck!"

((Do I even hit? (1d100)[18]))
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Kareeah_Indaga
Kareeah_Indaga


Responsible
Undefeatable Hero
posted April 21, 2016 04:26 AM

Jack:

((On a 95 or lower yes. ))

Swadloon's leaves slice through the Water Pokemon's feathery hide, dealing 44 damage. The Psyduck wakes with a loud "PSY-Y-Y-Y-Y!!!"

Swadloon: 58/58

Psyduck: 16/60

____________
Adventures in Helnith has moved!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
AlkarRahn
AlkarRahn


Promising
Legendary Hero
Divine Arcanist
posted April 21, 2016 04:43 AM

"Sorry for the rude awakening, but..." Jack then tossed out his remaining basic pokeball at the Psyduck, in hopes of catching it.

((Psyduck caught? (1d100)[66]))
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Gnomes2169
Gnomes2169


Honorable
Undefeatable Hero
Duke of the Glade
posted April 21, 2016 11:08 AM

Shrugging, Mark would say, "Well, I mean, what is in there? If nothing bad is around, then... if he  was sent here by the squad like he claims... maybe we can trust him? Especially if you were so quickly able to get a background check. Doesn't seem like a squad with more resources than a couple of kids would be able to... you know... check up on him as well." Holding up a finger, his grin would become a little more nervous when he said, "Though... uh... what surprised you when you were looking in here before?"
____________
Yeah in the 18th century, two inventions suggested a method of measurement. One won and the other stayed in America.
-Ghost destroying Fred

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Kareeah_Indaga
Kareeah_Indaga


Responsible
Undefeatable Hero
posted April 21, 2016 11:08 PM
Edited by Kareeah_Indaga at 23:09, 21 Apr 2016.

Jack:

The ball shakes once, twice, thrice, DING! Psyduck was caught!

Pokemon: Psyduck
Type: Water
Ability: Damp
Gender: Male
Level: 22
Held Item: None
Stats—
HP: 60
Attack: 34
Def: 32
Sp. Attack: 40
Sp. Def: 33
Speed: 36

Moves:
Scratch
Water Sport
Tail Whip
Water Pulse
Disable
Confusion

Do you want to give a nickname to Psyduck?

((And that's six. ))

----------------

Mark and Mina:

"The fact that it was a background check! I just wanted to know if Lijan knew if he was in the Squad..." And maybe cross-reference Jack's claims to make sure he was telling the truth.  "...but okay, we'll ask him to come with us the next time we try to hit Bandra. Did you get into contact with the Ranger?"

____________
Adventures in Helnith has moved!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
AlkarRahn
AlkarRahn


Promising
Legendary Hero
Divine Arcanist
posted April 22, 2016 01:54 AM

Jack thought about using another potion to heal up Psyduck, but figured he had enough pokemon to handle whatever he may encounter within the remainder of the hour he had planned to spend. After the hour was finished, he started heading back to the center.
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
gorman
gorman


Promising
Legendary Hero
Been around since before 2003
posted April 22, 2016 03:48 AM

After paying my tab and walking outside with pokemon in tow, I take a left to see what this Park has in store. As well as to see if any of the birds are still around. I prep a pokeball and have Mareep ready to bring out a shocking display of her voltage power!
____________
When all else fails... Take notes.... ALL the time... ESPECIALLY when playing D&D.... or Pokemon in my case

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Kareeah_Indaga
Kareeah_Indaga


Responsible
Undefeatable Hero
posted April 22, 2016 11:15 PM

Jack:

Your late-night trek back to town is uneventful, and you arrive at around 2AM.

((Welcome to the day of Karaoke Night!!! ))

----------------

Matt:

You approach the bird flock just outside the Park entrance. Most of them are Murkrow, but a few Taillow have joined the murder in pecking at the ground. (It looks like someone was feeding them earlier, as the ground is scattered with seeds. But whoever it was is gone.) As you get closer, a number of the smaller, younger specimens watch you nervously and look ready to take flight while some of the larger birds fluff up their feathers aggressively.

Murkrow 1: 60/60
Murkrow 2: 37/37
Murkrow 3: 40/40
Murkrow 4: 40/40
Murkrow 5: 60/60
Murkrow 6: 67/67
Murkrow 7: 62/62
Taillow 1: 28/28
Taillow 2: 26/26
Taillow 3: 54/54

Beyond them, you can see a couple trainers taking a nice walk with their Pokemon in the Park. You can also make out sculpted bushes and playground equipment—too small for human use, but a good size for most smaller Pokemon. And the occasional piece of litter—fluff and feathers leftover from the last Contest.

((Let me know what you target. I'll need a d100 roll to see if you crit, and another if the attack you use has any chance-based special effects, EX: the Paralyze chance from Thundershock.))

____________
Adventures in Helnith has moved!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
AlkarRahn
AlkarRahn


Promising
Legendary Hero
Divine Arcanist
posted April 23, 2016 01:39 AM

Jack went straight for the pokemon center, and got his pokemon healed. He went to see if Mark and Mina were still awake.
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
gorman
gorman


Promising
Legendary Hero
Been around since before 2003
posted April 23, 2016 02:57 AM

"Alright Mareep, Thundershock the whole flock! Let's see how tough these foul fowl are!"

rolling 1d100 (37)= 37

rolling 1d100 (65)= 65
____________
When all else fails... Take notes.... ALL the time... ESPECIALLY when playing D&D.... or Pokemon in my case

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Gnomes2169
Gnomes2169


Honorable
Undefeatable Hero
Duke of the Glade
posted April 23, 2016 12:02 PM

"Yup! I got in contact with him, and he suggested we try to set up the meeting at night. 10 pm, to be exact." Mark said, nodding a bit as he said that. "Um... maybe inviting Jack would be a good test run? And we should... probably call I suppose."
____________
Yeah in the 18th century, two inventions suggested a method of measurement. One won and the other stayed in America.
-Ghost destroying Fred

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Kareeah_Indaga
Kareeah_Indaga


Responsible
Undefeatable Hero
posted April 23, 2016 04:46 PM
Edited by Kareeah_Indaga at 16:49, 23 Apr 2016.

Jack:

((Side note: Your boost to Swadloon's Happiness is now expired. Swadloon's Happiness is now +36 for a total of 214.))


One of the Chansey on duty takes your Pokemon off to be healed, but only comes back with five Pokeballs. She chirps something at you in Pokemon-speak; it's more drawn out than the usual one or two word comment, and comes off as serious despite the species' usually cheerful-sounding voices.

----------------

Matt:

((Rolls.))

Unfortunately, Mareep can't quite seem to get the spread or power to hit nearly so many Pokemon at once. ((Thundershock is single-target, like in the games.)) She does  manage to hit one of the smaller Murkrow, which falls over, twitching and unconscious. ((Minimum 50 damage on a Pokemon with only 40 HP, so I'm not rolling.)) Several of the rest fly off as fast as they can at this show of aggression, but the more dominate members of the flock take issue with the attack and retaliate.

Murkrow 6 uses Pursuit!
Mareep is hit for 26 damage!

Murkrow 7 uses Nightshade!
Mareep is hit for 21 damage!

Murkrow 1 uses Astonish!
Mareep is hit for 11 damage!
Mareep faints!

The last remaining Murkrow overshoots as Mareep is no longer conscious, missing her.

Taillow 3 uses Focus Energy!
Taillow 3 is getting pumped!

The angry Murkrow appear to be quite riled now, and are already circling for their next attack. The Taillow trails along after them, but that seems to be more out of distrust than lack of speed.

((As a side note: these are wild Pokemon, so there are no rules against sending as many of your own Pokemon out as you like.))

Mareep: 0/58

Murkrow 1: 60/60
Murkrow 2: 37/37 (fled)
Murkrow 3: 40/40 (fled)
Murkrow 4: 0/40
Murkrow 5: 60/60
Murkrow 6: 67/67
Murkrow 7: 62/62
Taillow 1: 28/28 (fled)
Taillow 2: 26/26 (fled)
Taillow 3: 54/54 (Focus Energy)

----------------

Mark and Mina:

"That sounds like a good idea, if he doesn't mind," Mina agreed. Much, much better to have something go drastically wrong in town where the Pokemon Center was in screaming distance than out in the wilderness, surrounded by Bandra. And if nothing went wrong with Jack? Even better!

"I did some research about Pokemon stolen in the last few weeks; most of them don't have much in common but I think our best bet would be to ask after dog Pokemon. There was an Electrike that went missing a week ago, and we already know about the Poochyena." Mina wished she'd been able to think of a better hook for their quarry. Hopefully that would be specific enough to bring them in without being suspicious. "But yes, we're going to need to call soon and get ready." They had a few hours, and could set up the meeting close by, but who knew where the fence was?


____________
Adventures in Helnith has moved!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
gorman
gorman


Promising
Legendary Hero
Been around since before 2003
posted April 23, 2016 07:57 PM

"Well...that went a lot better in my head than it really turned out... Mareep, return!"

I look up at the angry Murkrow and shake my fist, yelling, "Hey you darn birds! Don't you have any honor?! What's the big idea ganging up on one poor little sheep like that!? Had I known ya'll were going to fight dirty, I'd of let Mareep zap your leader, which is obviously the Taillow!"

*sighing and thinks* Well, guess I better head back to the pokemon center... And in thinking for a brief moment I head off at a run.
____________
When all else fails... Take notes.... ALL the time... ESPECIALLY when playing D&D.... or Pokemon in my case

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Jump To: « Prev Thread . . . Next Thread » This Popular Thread is 329 pages long: 1 40 80 120 160 200 ... 239 240 241 242 243 ... 280 320 329 · «PREV / NEXT»
Post New Poll    Post New Topic    Post New Reply

Page compiled in 0.5442 seconds