Heroes of Might and Magic Community
visiting hero! Register | Today's Posts | Games | Search! | FAQ/Rules | AvatarList | MemberList | Profile


Age of Heroes Headlines:  
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
6 Aug 2016: Troubled Heroes VII Expansion Release - read more
26 Apr 2016: Heroes VII XPack - Trial by Fire - Coming out in June! - read more
17 Apr 2016: Global Alternative Creatures MOD for H7 after 1.8 Patch! - read more
7 Mar 2016: Romero launches a Piano Sonata Album Kickstarter! - read more
19 Feb 2016: Heroes 5.5 RC6, Heroes VII patch 1.7 are out! - read more
13 Jan 2016: Horn of the Abyss 1.4 Available for Download! - read more
17 Dec 2015: Heroes 5.5 update, 1.6 out for H7 - read more
23 Nov 2015: H7 1.4 & 1.5 patches Released - read more
31 Oct 2015: First H7 patches are out, End of DoC development - read more
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
[X] Remove Ads
LOGIN:     Username:     Password:         [ Register ]
New Server | HOMM1: info forum | HOMM2: info forum | HOMM3: info forum | HOMM4: info forum | HOMM5: info forum | MMH6: wiki forum | MMH7: wiki forum
Heroes Community > Library of Enlightenment > Thread: WCL: We want to fight you!
Thread: WCL: We want to fight you! This thread is 15 pages long: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 · «PREV / NEXT»
angelito
angelito


Honorable
Undefeatable Hero
proud father of a princess
posted July 25, 2007 04:52 PM
Edited by angelito at 16:53, 25 Jul 2007.

I wouldn't bet through the internet myself, I am with you here Balamut. It was supposed to be a rhetorical question though.

Never trust a danish foo anyways....
____________
Better judged by 12 than carried by 6.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
maretti
maretti


Responsible
Supreme Hero
posted July 25, 2007 06:26 PM

I dont understand this part of the rules about hit and run:    
Quote:
Not allowed to use magic level 3+ by prison heroes level11 or higher.

____________
Crag rules, Orrin and Ivor suck

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Balamut
Balamut


Adventuring Hero
posted July 25, 2007 06:45 PM

Quote:
I dont understand this part of the rules about hit and run:    
Quote:
Not allowed to use magic level 3+ by prison heroes level11 or higher.


It means that it's forbidden to use magic third level or above by heroes from prison that are level 11 or higher.

Please say time when you can play this weekend.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
sachelos
sachelos


Known Hero
posted July 25, 2007 09:59 PM

hi

I'll put my money on maretti!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Balamut
Balamut


Adventuring Hero
posted July 26, 2007 10:14 AM
Edited by Balamut at 10:17, 26 Jul 2007.

As I see, Maretti look upon Stinger's proposition
But he didn't yet approved it. So our fans are worried if this game will be played.
Proposed conditions were: Maretti play castle, as you think this town is best on Jebus. Stinger select color and choose non-castle starting town by his wish, cause we think castle is rather average starting town on Jebus. Game is played by rules of this tournament and after the game one of team will loose player

Maretti, plz, say if you agree to this game. I think your team fans are awaiting this game too .

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
pacifist
pacifist


Famous Hero
posted July 26, 2007 11:03 AM

Hum Maretti has to read carefully at the little letters of the contract .
So Stinger can take Fortress + Tazar and red color? When we see in game of Paladin-Devangel1984 that Tazar beats 57 nagas without losing a single troop and without using magic and breaks on day 11.... Maybe Castle is strong on Jebus but maybe some combination not forbidden in the rules is stronger. Also even without first day rush of red, red has still a day advantage (like having white pieces in chess) to reach some interesting areas. Interesting proposal anyway.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
lkru33
lkru33


Promising
Famous Hero
3x NFL Pick'em Champ
posted July 26, 2007 11:27 AM

Quote:
As I see, Maretti look upon Stinger's proposition
But he didn't yet approved it. So our fans are worried if this game will be played.
Proposed conditions were: Maretti play castle, as you think this town is best on Jebus. Stinger select color and choose non-castle starting town by his wish, cause we think castle is rather average starting town on Jebus. Game is played by rules of this tournament and after the game one of team will loose player

Maretti, plz, say if you agree to this game. I think your team fans are awaiting this game too .


You have to relax dude.  Fist you couldn't decide which of your 4 players could play or if any would make themselves available while Maretti said he could play all day Wednesday and gave you times (Seems you guys are not as organized as you claim). You know damn well he already said he could play on the weekend, so don't assume just because he didn't jump through hoops for you and accept Castle, that he will not be ready to play. It seems to me that you should worry about whether or not YOUR people are ready to play.

As a side note, I want to point out that Xarfax mentioned he would play the 27th or 28th... but seems to have been written off because he didn't play last weekend. You should also pay better attention to what people tell you when you ask your questions.  
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
Balamut
Balamut


Adventuring Hero
posted July 26, 2007 11:43 AM

Quote:
You have to relax dude.  Fist you couldn't decide which of your 4 players could play or if any would make themselves available while Maretti said he could play all day Wednesday and gave you times (Seems you guys are not as organized as you claim).

Hey, reread this thread again - All our players were ready to play wedensday, but after 16.00 London time, cause it was work day. I wrote about it. It's Maretti who wrote he can play ALL day at first, not me. He has free time different from free time of all our players. That's not trouble at all, or do U think, that our team shoul give up work?

Quote:
You know damn well he already said he could play on the weekend, so don't assume just because he didn't jump through hoops for you and accept Castle, that he will not be ready to play. It seems to me that you should worry about whether or not YOUR people are ready to play.
It's your opinion, and cause you are not member of WCL team it doesn't care me at all. Maretti is free to accept Stinger's proposition or to decline it. It's his choise. And what really does care me - it's exact time, when Maretti will be available for playing.

Quote:
As a side note, I want to point out that Xarfax mentioned he would play the 27th or 28th... but seems to have been written off because he didn't play last weekend. You should also pay better attention to what people tell you when you ask your questions.
We already find who will be playing with Xarfax at this friday evening. And we said this to your represantative SAG. Why they didn't make special announce to you? I don't know, and don't care either, dude

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
dimis
dimis


Responsible
Supreme Hero
Digitally signed by FoG
posted July 26, 2007 11:53 AM
Edited by dimis at 11:58, 26 Jul 2007.

I don't like bullying. I don't care who started it (although one can re-read the thread and realize who did), but I think you are pressing maretti to play they way you want. I just don't like it. To me, it would be similarly enjoyable to see a Rampart vs Rampart war or anything else in the match Stinger - maretti. After all, Stinger supports Rampart above anything else as you said. Did maretti say something similar about Castle?

And for the record: I am entirely with angelito's decision on NOT participating in the tourney.
____________
The empty set

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Stinger
Stinger

Tavern Dweller
posted July 26, 2007 12:04 PM
Edited by Stinger at 12:13, 26 Jul 2007.

Quote:
I don't like bullying. I don't care who started it (although one can re-read the thread and realize who did), but I think you are pressing maretti to play they way you want. I just don't like it. To me, it would be similarly enjoyable to see a Rampart vs Rampart war or anything else in the match Stinger - maretti. After all, Stinger supports Rampart above anything else as you said. Did maretti say something similar about Castle?


It was no more than the offer on this post

Quote:
quote:Just out of curiosity....

   Will there be other games than just Tower vs Dungeon vs Inferno? (1 fortress 1 saw as of yet).

   Necro and Flux banned.
   Castle, Stronghold, Rampart obviously "ruled out" by players.



I doubt it. Seems these 3 towns will be the only one played unless someone repeats Devs mistake of allowing his opponent fortress and Taz (sorry Dev).



How much I have understood, it was interesting to people to look games with participation of other races. Especially a Castle if I have correctly understood all.
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Devangle1984
Devangle1984


Known Hero
I am the Dark Vader
posted July 26, 2007 12:05 PM

Well in terms of breaking i think Fotress, Stronghold, Castle are equally capable of this feet. Specialy taz and craig respectably, or even meph and ramp for that matter will have a massive impact. I think if stinger gets to choose his town of liking and color, then he should not pick either of those heroes, gandula, craig, meph or taz at start. That would become more appropriate i would think.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Stinger
Stinger

Tavern Dweller
posted July 26, 2007 12:18 PM

Quote:
Well in terms of breaking i think Fotress, Stronghold, Castle are equally capable of this feet. Specialy taz and craig respectably, or even meph and ramp for that matter will have a massive impact. I think if stinger gets to choose his town of liking and color, then he should not pick either of those heroes, gandula, craig, meph or taz at start. That would become more appropriate i would think.


No. I shall play a dungeon if it will agree.
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Devangle1984
Devangle1984


Known Hero
I am the Dark Vader
posted July 26, 2007 12:21 PM

Fair enough, that offer sounds good to me, even though at the end of the day, it all comes to maretti who will decide. Anyway it sounds very interesting and i wish all a very good luck.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
lkru33
lkru33


Promising
Famous Hero
3x NFL Pick'em Champ
posted July 26, 2007 12:25 PM
Edited by lkru33 at 12:38, 26 Jul 2007.

Quote:
Hey, reread this thread again - All our players were ready to play wedensday, but after 16.00 London time, cause it was work day. I wrote about it. It's Maretti who wrote he can play ALL day at first, not me. He has free time different from free time of all our players. That's not trouble at all, or do U think, that our team shoul give up work?


I don't need to reread anything, I've been following the thread all along.  One thing I didn't see in this thread was a rule stating that the WCL team must provide your team with advanced notice of what castle is being played.  Then because a player doesn't reply to your side proposal, you want to assume he will not play at all.  Curious, does your team need advanced notice to prepare to play a certain castle type?  I don't see where Maretti has to tell you anything until the game is ready to be played... unless you are making up rules as you go along I wonder if Maretti gives you an exact time (AGAIN) if you guys will collectively find a way not to accomodate the time and postpone it another week.... and ask for another exact time?

No I am not on the WCL team, but I am a member of HC... which entitles me to post here... DUDE


____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
Stinger
Stinger

Tavern Dweller
posted July 26, 2007 12:37 PM


Nobody was going to prepare for the certain type in advance. There was an attempt to diversify game. Dungeon against the Castle.
That in it it was not pleasant to you - I shall not understand
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
black_knight
black_knight


Known Hero
LT League
posted July 26, 2007 12:41 PM

I think all WCL players wanna see game Maretti vs. Stinger
WCL Team (and maybe HC) are with Maretti !

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Stinger
Stinger

Tavern Dweller
posted July 26, 2007 12:47 PM

Essence of the offer that players define race at will. If Maretti does not wish to play a Castle, let chooses any another. We wait for its decision...
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
angelito
angelito


Honorable
Undefeatable Hero
proud father of a princess
posted July 26, 2007 01:09 PM

Yes...i think we all should calm down a bit and let the players who are involved in the upcoming game decide about the game setup. Maybe maretti told us his free times (wednesday morning or either weekend) because he has no internet access at all to all other times? So he is just not able to answer here?

I think it is ok from heroes.by side to give that "chose Castle" offer, so we can see different fights than we have seen so far.

I am pretty sure maretti knows very well what to chose, there is no need for "us" to give him advice..

Maybe he choses Crag and stronghold?...

And dungeon on Jebus XL is not a bad choice (if u don't have horde efreet sultans as guards to middle and no earth magic), if u find some dwells and money buildings.
____________
Better judged by 12 than carried by 6.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Balamut
Balamut


Adventuring Hero
posted July 26, 2007 01:27 PM

Quote:
No I am not on the WCL team, but I am a member of HC... which entitles me to post here... DUDE


Angelito, you are moderator of this forum.
Somebody with nick "LKru33" tries to abuse me, while my post was not even addressed to him. I don't know that man, but he bores me with his insulting.
In Code of Conduct of this forum is written that I should alert you.
So I am waiting for your resolving.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
angelito
angelito


Honorable
Undefeatable Hero
proud father of a princess
posted July 26, 2007 01:31 PM

Quote:
Angelito, you are moderator of this forum.
Somebody with nick "LKru33" tries to abuse me, while my post was not even addressed to him. I don't know that man, but he bores me with his insulting.
In Code of Conduct of this forum is written that I should alert you.
So I am waiting for your resolving.
I saw the things heated up a bit, that's why I made the above post. I hope things cool down again now
____________
Better judged by 12 than carried by 6.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Jump To: « Prev Thread . . . Next Thread » This thread is 15 pages long: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 · «PREV / NEXT»
Post New Poll    Post New Topic    Post New Reply

Page compiled in 0.0899 seconds