Heroes of Might and Magic Community
visiting hero! Register | Today's Posts | Games | Search! | FAQ/Rules | AvatarList | MemberList | Profile


Age of Heroes Headlines:  
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
6 Aug 2016: Troubled Heroes VII Expansion Release - read more
26 Apr 2016: Heroes VII XPack - Trial by Fire - Coming out in June! - read more
17 Apr 2016: Global Alternative Creatures MOD for H7 after 1.8 Patch! - read more
7 Mar 2016: Romero launches a Piano Sonata Album Kickstarter! - read more
19 Feb 2016: Heroes 5.5 RC6, Heroes VII patch 1.7 are out! - read more
13 Jan 2016: Horn of the Abyss 1.4 Available for Download! - read more
17 Dec 2015: Heroes 5.5 update, 1.6 out for H7 - read more
23 Nov 2015: H7 1.4 & 1.5 patches Released - read more
31 Oct 2015: First H7 patches are out, End of DoC development - read more
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
[X] Remove Ads
LOGIN:     Username:     Password:         [ Register ]
HOMM1: info forum | HOMM2: info forum | HOMM3: info mods forum | HOMM4: info CTG forum | HOMM5: info mods forum | MMH6: wiki forum | MMH7: wiki forum
Heroes Community > Heroes 3.5 - WoG and Beyond > Thread: [Platform] Knightmare Kingdoms
Thread: [Platform] Knightmare Kingdoms This thread is 60 pages long: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10 20 30 40 50 ... 56 57 58 59 60 · «PREV / NEXT»
Undeadgamer62
Undeadgamer62


Known Hero
posted September 19, 2021 09:44 PM

majaczek said:
Undeadgamer62 said:
majaczek said:
Yes you Are Right. It is a Problem with DP. Or any other unnamed town. Nice catch.

EDIT: Next time enable town renaming in wog options. Change the name of all DP you got. Sorry You have to use this workaround until next beta :|

EDIT: Oooh Sorry. Town Renaming also doesn't work


Well, at least you've identified the problem. I'm confident you'll figure out a fix. In the meantime, at least grandmaster dimension door can still get me across the map pretty fast. I guess the only hazard would be the AI trying to scroll the town portal town list. But I try to keep any of the AI players from getting nine castles, anyway.


It is only a problem with HD_WoG.dll not checking nullptr (the game itself does). Also it happens only in the UI so AI won't trigger the bug

That's good to know. I hope it's a problem with an easy fix.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
majaczek
majaczek


Supreme Hero
Work at Magic Dimmension
posted September 19, 2021 09:53 PM

Undeadgamer62 said:
majaczek said:
Undeadgamer62 said:
majaczek said:
Yes you Are Right. It is a Problem with DP. Or any other unnamed town. Nice catch.

EDIT: Next time enable town renaming in wog options. Change the name of all DP you got. Sorry You have to use this workaround until next beta :|

EDIT: Oooh Sorry. Town Renaming also doesn't work


Well, at least you've identified the problem. I'm confident you'll figure out a fix. In the meantime, at least grandmaster dimension door can still get me across the map pretty fast. I guess the only hazard would be the AI trying to scroll the town portal town list. But I try to keep any of the AI players from getting nine castles, anyway.


It is only a problem with HD_WoG.dll not checking nullptr (the game itself does). Also it happens only in the UI so AI won't trigger the bug

That's good to know. I hope it's a problem with an easy fix.


yes! I just need to assign new name when messing with new towns

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Undeadgamer62
Undeadgamer62


Known Hero
posted September 20, 2021 04:09 AM
Edited by Undeadgamer62 at 04:21, 20 Sep 2021.

I made the mistake of updating ERA to 3.9 before starting a game with Beta 21. I'm having issues, but now I'm not sure whether it's the new  beta or the new ERA that's causing the problem.

So far, I haven't yet hit a crash I can't get past by restarting from a save, but crashes are occurring about every third turn, and sometimes it takes two or three restarts before I can get through all the AI turns.

To the Mega folder, I've uploaded the debug file (7) and a saved gamed file that immediately preceded three or four error messages and at least one crash. (Both files are dated 9/19. The problem with using the built-in save routine is that saves are labeled by month/week/day in the game, but not by skirmish name, which shows only as the name of the containing folder.)

I've seen a new error message which I can't screenshot for some reason. Here's the basic text. The Xs represent different numbers.

"emerald resistance.cpp--wrong creature #X spell is #x--caster hero is #x--prepare for crash."

As I have never seen this one before, I presume it is connected to whatever the new problem is. It occurs, sometimes four or five times in the same AI turn, sometimes with the same numbers, sometimes with different numbers. Sometimes, it is concentrated on one AI player, sometimes on more than one.

The only other thing I can tell you is that it must be triggered by something unlikely to happen at the very beginning of the game. Incidents became more frequent about the middle of the second month.

EDIT 1: I've gotten in the habit of saving the game folder before updating, just in case. I moved the saved game files over into the backup folder and tried to play from there. Same collection of error messages. That means either that the problem lies with KK (updated already to beta 21 before I made the backup) or that the problem carries over from the saved game files. (I don't know what information is saved in them. Tomorrow, I'll try starting a new game with the same map in the backup folder and see if the problem persists.  

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
majaczek
majaczek


Supreme Hero
Work at Magic Dimmension
posted September 20, 2021 11:26 AM
Edited by majaczek at 12:02, 20 Sep 2021.

broken town names fixed in next version (including fixing town portal bug)

Quote:
"emerald resistance.cpp--wrong creature #X spell is #x--caster hero is #x--prepare for crash."


the error were before, just silent, the numbers would help finding cause of the problem.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Undeadgamer62
Undeadgamer62


Known Hero
posted September 20, 2021 06:11 PM
Edited by Undeadgamer62 at 18:22, 20 Sep 2021.

EDIT:
It's very good to hear that the tp bug will be fixed.

If you open the last save I uploaded, you should be able to get at least one of those error messages. I'm sure I've seen more than one set of numeric values. Just in case, I went back to one of my last saves and collected the information for you.

NUMBERS, FIRST CRASH
creature number 207872627
spell 35
caster hero 397187850

SECOND CRASH

creature number 1
spell 35
caster hero 265788170

There followed two crashes without a visible error message, then one crash with several error messages in succession, all from the same AI player, all with no movement in between.

creature number alternated among 525450824, 75000, and 1935606115
spell always 35
caster hero always 209361674

Some of the cn and ch numbers seem unbelievably high, but anyway, there they are. Note that all of these different results occurred immediately after the same save (reloaded three times). After the various error messages on the third reload, the AI turns actually completed.

I find the whole thing baffling. I'm hoping it makes some sense to you and is helpful in solving the problem.

EDIT 2: It's worth noting that, although the error message was present silent before, it seems to be occurring a lot more often now. In my two previous successful playthroughs, I had some crashes without error messages, but I could always reload the last save and continue without further errors for a while. Now, once this particular message starts up, it becomes more and more frequent, both within AI turns and in successive turns. This suggests to me that something must be triggering it more often.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
majaczek
majaczek


Supreme Hero
Work at Magic Dimmension
posted September 20, 2021 06:45 PM
Edited by majaczek at 18:47, 20 Sep 2021.

I also thought the problem being related to spell 35 (dispel)

It is probably more often because now AI hero have higher water magic :F

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Undeadgamer62
Undeadgamer62


Known Hero
posted September 20, 2021 08:39 PM
Edited by Undeadgamer62 at 18:00, 21 Sep 2021.

majaczek said:
I also thought the problem being related to spell 35 (dispel)

It is probably more often because now AI hero have higher water magic :F


That makes sense. At least now, you have a better idea of what the problem might be.

Here's another quick thing to contribute to the picture.

I'm trying another playthrough and haven't hit the dispel error at all. Maybe the AI heroes haven't learned it yet. But I did run across an AI hero (Thant) whose army appears to have 42 crusaders in it, but when I engage him in combat, suddenly he has more than 88000 crusaders. Is this one of those situations where he only gets the inflated numbers if I attack him, or am I just doomed?

I don't know if this is relevant, but the AI used the royalty script on him. When I hover over him, I'm told he's the orange heir (odd for a necromancer to be a castle heir, but whatever).

Just in case this is something that hasn't been reported previously, I uploaded to Mega a saved game file, dated 9/20, that illustrates the problem. Thant is in the large, rocky expanse west of the green domain and east of the orange. I had Gelu hand off the book of water magic to Coronius, who jumped out to do battle and made an unpleasant discovery...

EDIT 1: Orange now has another super army, again with orange. 109 halberdiers become over 24.000. The hero, Loynis, doesn't even try to attack me, so I guess what I have to do is take the castle, forcing them to either attack me or let the clock run out. We'll see.

EDIT 2: Answered my own question. After I took the only orange town, Thant attacked me. He had only the small number of crusaders and was easily beaten. So while it would be nice to avoid that problem, it's not a game breaker, particular if it happens with a one-town faction that isn't so close it can go on a rampage in your territory.

EDIT 3: I spoke too soon about the dispel error. It did start cropping up, though only once so far did it create an irreversible crash. I lucked up because the hero involved was nearby. Backed up a couple of saves, defeated the hero, avoided the crash. Sadly, that isn't always possible, but at least I think I'll finish this playthrough. It's interesting how it was much more frequent and crash-inducing in one playthrough than in another, but dispel isn't the kind of spell one would need to cast in every battle. Since the error shows doesn't show up in the early game (this time is was month four, week one the first time), I suspect it may have something to do with the water magic level involved.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
majaczek
majaczek


Supreme Hero
Work at Magic Dimmension
posted September 21, 2021 06:13 PM
Edited by majaczek at 18:18, 21 Sep 2021.

Knightmare Kingdoms 2021-09-21  beta 24

fixed most vicious bugs

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Undeadgamer62
Undeadgamer62


Known Hero
posted September 21, 2021 06:31 PM
Edited by Undeadgamer62 at 23:39, 21 Sep 2021.

majaczek said:
Knightmare Kingdoms 2021-09-21  beta 24

fixed most vicious bugs


Wow! As always, you're very fast. I'll test the new version as soon as I'm able. Thanks!

EDIT 1: A brand new problem has surfaced. My town is not producing creatures correctly. Slots in which all the creatures were hired just stay empty. The exception is the Centaurs, who grow 1 each week (I suspect because there is one external centaur dwelling controlled by my faction, so the bonus appears, but not the regular growth. Slots from which creatures haven't been hired grow as normal.

I'm staring again in hopes the problem was a fluke. But just in case you want to take a look, I uploaded a saved game file from the end of a turn. You can see how the before and after numbers change (or don't, in most cases).

EDIT 2: This may or may not be related, but growth figures are shown incorrectly on upgraded creatures. Unupgraded show correctly (28 for centaurs, 18, for dwarves, etc.) Once the first upgrade is applied, the numbers go to 512 or higher. However, this was true in the previous version and in some earlier ones as well. (I checked old saves.) The wrong figures in town apparently didn't cause the same problem in earlier versions, at least not that I noticed.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Undeadgamer62
Undeadgamer62


Known Hero
posted September 21, 2021 11:57 PM

Undeadgamer62 said:
majaczek said:
Knightmare Kingdoms 2021-09-21  beta 24

fixed most vicious bugs


Wow! As always, you're very fast. I'll test the new version as soon as I'm able. Thanks!

EDIT 1: A brand new problem has surfaced. My town is not producing creatures correctly. Slots in which all the creatures were hired just stay empty. The exception is the Centaurs, who grow 1 each week (I suspect because there is one external centaur dwelling controlled by my faction, so the bonus appears, but not the regular growth. Slots from which creatures haven't been hired grow as normal.

I'm staring again in hopes the problem was a fluke. But just in case you want to take a look, I uploaded a saved game file from the end of a turn. You can see how the before and after numbers change (or don't, in most cases).

EDIT 2: This may or may not be related, but growth figures are shown incorrectly on upgraded creatures. Unupgraded show correctly (28 for centaurs, 18, for dwarves, etc.) Once the first upgrade is applied, the numbers go to 512 or higher. However, this was true in the previous version and in some earlier ones as well. (I checked old saves.) The wrong figures in town apparently didn't cause the same problem in earlier versions, at least not that I noticed.


EDIT 3: Definitely not a fluke. Month 1, Week 4, Day 1, the only upgraded creatures (grand elves) only grew by two (should be fourteen). All unupgraded creatures grew by the normal amount. In the previous attempted game, it appeared the distinction was not unugraded vs. upgraded, but creature dwelling empty (no growth) vs. creatures dwelling with creatures (full growth). So the issue may not always manifest in the same way, but there's definitely a problem.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
majaczek
majaczek


Supreme Hero
Work at Magic Dimmension
posted September 22, 2021 12:40 PM
Edited by majaczek at 13:30, 22 Sep 2021.

download and replace

new_towns.era

in path:
Quote:
Heroes 3/mods/Knightmare Kingdoms/eraplugins/


Should work properly after it.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Undeadgamer62
Undeadgamer62


Known Hero
posted September 22, 2021 05:01 PM
Edited by Undeadgamer62 at 17:10, 22 Sep 2021.

Undeadgamer62 said:
majaczek said:
download and replace

new_towns.era

in path:
Quote:
Heroes 3/mods/Knightmare Kingdoms/eraplugins/


Should work properly after it.


Thanks! I'll try it out as soon as I can


EDIT 1: Well, this time the town shows zero growth--and more importantly, has zero growth. Dwellings get only the creatures who first appear, and that's it. This is true both for original structures and any built later. Upgrading doesn't change the count. Sigh! I tried twice with fresh maps and skirmishes and got the same result each time.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
majaczek
majaczek


Supreme Hero
Work at Magic Dimmension
posted September 22, 2021 10:03 PM
Edited by majaczek at 22:22, 22 Sep 2021.

Undeadgamer62 said:


EDIT 1: Well, this time the town shows zero growth--and more importantly, has zero growth. Dwellings get only the creatures who first appear, and that's it. This is true both for original structures and any built later. Upgrading doesn't change the count. Sigh! I tried twice with fresh maps and skirmishes and got the same result each time.


Sorry for the problem. new_towns.era version stable 6 (should fix the issue with previous versions)

EDIT: Or maybe not

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Undeadgamer62
Undeadgamer62


Known Hero
posted September 22, 2021 11:14 PM
Edited by Undeadgamer62 at 00:17, 23 Sep 2021.

majaczek said:
Undeadgamer62 said:


EDIT 1: Well, this time the town shows zero growth--and more importantly, has zero growth. Dwellings get only the creatures who first appear, and that's it. This is true both for original structures and any built later. Upgrading doesn't change the count. Sigh! I tried twice with fresh maps and skirmishes and got the same result each time.


Sorry for the problem. new_towns.era version stable 6 (should fix the issue with previous versions)

EDIT: Or maybe not


I'll check right now, but either way, I appreciate all the effort.

EDIT 1: I think we have a winner, for the most part. The first level dwelling (centaurs in my case) still shows zero, but so far it is generating the correct number. The other dwellings I've built show and produce the correct number of creatures. I'll report back if anything changes, but right now, it looks good.

EDIT: The level 1 dwelling growth numbers eventually display. I have no idea why they didn't at first, but the dwelling nonetheless has produced the right number of creatures all along.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
majaczek
majaczek


Supreme Hero
Work at Magic Dimmension
posted September 22, 2021 11:45 PM
Edited by majaczek at 14:20, 23 Sep 2021.

Undeadgamer62 said:
majaczek said:
Undeadgamer62 said:


EDIT 1: Well, this time the town shows zero growth--and more importantly, has zero growth. Dwellings get only the creatures who first appear, and that's it. This is true both for original structures and any built later. Upgrading doesn't change the count. Sigh! I tried twice with fresh maps and skirmishes and got the same result each time.


Sorry for the problem. new_towns.era version stable 6 (should fix the issue with previous versions)

EDIT: Or maybe not


I'll check right now, but either way, I appreciate all the effort.

EDIT 1: I think we have a winner, for the most part. The first level dwelling (centaurs in my case) still shows zero, but so far it is generating the correct number. The other dwellings I've built show and produce the correct number of creatures. I'll report back if anything changes, but right now, it looks good.


there are known issues with horde buildings, will try to fix tommorow

EDIT: These are Horde Buildings

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Undeadgamer62
Undeadgamer62


Known Hero
posted September 23, 2021 04:03 AM
Edited by Undeadgamer62 at 04:30, 23 Sep 2021.

majaczek said:
Undeadgamer62 said:
majaczek said:
Undeadgamer62 said:


EDIT 1: Well, this time the town shows zero growth--and more importantly, has zero growth. Dwellings get only the creatures who first appear, and that's it. This is true both for original structures and any built later. Upgrading doesn't change the count. Sigh! I tried twice with fresh maps and skirmishes and got the same result each time.


Sorry for the problem. new_towns.era version stable 6 (should fix the issue with previous versions)

EDIT: Or maybe not


I'll check right now, but either way, I appreciate all the effort.

EDIT 1: I think we have a winner, for the most part. The first level dwelling (centaurs in my case) still shows zero, but so far it is generating the correct number. The other dwellings I've built show and produce the correct number of creatures. I'll report back if anything changes, but right now, it looks good.


there are known issues with horde buildings, will try to fix tommorow

Ah! In that case, I'll mention an odd thing that happened in one game with the newest plugin but not the other. The first time the AI beat me rather quickly, so I started another. The second time, upgrading a dwelling caused both second and third upgrades to be available, even though third upgrade structure wasn't built. I have no idea if this is a rare problem or if it might occur frequently, but it obviously doesn't occur all the time, as it didn't occur in my first game. That's all I know for the moment.

Oh, by issues with the horde buildings, do you mean a different upgrade cycle? Because I've seen that, too. In earlier versions, you did one upgrade at a time. This time, the mithril price was for both upgrades combined, and both get applied (so centaurs jumped centaur captain stage to become archers).

EDIT 1: I just got the "prepare for a crash" message, but this time with regard to spell #21. It's in the context of an attack on the dragon peaks and was immediately preceded by the message about 0-20 being expected, but the value being 21. Based on past experience, this seems to be what happens when a creature casts a spell in the dragon peaks or (more rarely) a dragon utopia.

I'm going to upload debug folder and saved game just in case either is useful at this point.  

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
majaczek
majaczek


Supreme Hero
Work at Magic Dimmension
posted September 23, 2021 03:08 PM

Knightmare Kingdoms 2021-09-23  beta 25

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Undeadgamer62
Undeadgamer62


Known Hero
posted September 23, 2021 03:16 PM
Edited by Undeadgamer62 at 20:28, 23 Sep 2021.

majaczek said:
Knightmare Kingdoms 2021-09-23  beta 25


Thanks! I will check this one out as soon as I am able. (It is downloading as I write this.)

Edit 1: Generally good so far. I'm at month 2, week 4, day 1. There's only been one crash so far (preceded by message. "Warning: ambiguous target of dispel.") I loaded the last save, and the error did not recur.

There is, however, one odd thing. Certain creature dwellings don't reduce the total available in proportion to how many you hire. I'm about to load a saved game to illustrate. Hire more legendary unicorns, and see what happens. For me, I can hire all of them available, but then the display still shows the same number available. If I had enough cash, I think I could hire again and again, and still have the same number available.

This only happens with some dwellings, and the game still seems to be playable. If I weren't seeing this for myself, I haven't yet discerned it in the form of unusually fast AI troop growth. (You still need money to pay for the troops, anyway.) Still, I imagine you'll want to fix it before taking the mod out of beta.

The newly uploaded save is the only file dated 9/23.

EDIT 2: I just had an AI turn that included something like twenty messages involving ambiguous targets for dispel. In one case, the message while a blue hero was moving but wasn't in combat with anyone (suggesting the message may be getting triggered when the problem is actually something else).  In any case, I didn't get a crash--right then. I crashed when I tried to save right after. This crash seems to be reproducible, so I uploaded the save (another 9/23, this one ends in 0048. The previous upload was 0046).

I don't have time right now to see if the crash could be avoided by not saving right away. I'll test that later. But it's clear something is at least a little off.

EDIT 3: I tried backing up two saves, and I still end up with some kind of crash within two days, so I'm going to assume there's no way around this for now. Interestingly, the number and type of errors aren't always the same. Subsequent playthroughs of the same two days got a lot fewer ambiguous dispel target errors but picked up a couple of expected 0-20 and got 21 errors, followed by the dreaded resistance error (this one referencing spells 21 and 22).

I'm going to try with a new map to see how much of this is inevitable and how much might be dependent on circumstance.  

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
majaczek
majaczek


Supreme Hero
Work at Magic Dimmension
posted September 23, 2021 09:40 PM

Undeadgamer62 said:
majaczek said:
Knightmare Kingdoms 2021-09-23  beta 25


Thanks! I will check this one out as soon as I am able. (It is downloading as I write this.)

Edit 1: Generally good so far. I'm at month 2, week 4, day 1. There's only been one crash so far (preceded by message. "Warning: ambiguous target of dispel.") I loaded the last save, and the error did not recur.

There is, however, one odd thing. Certain creature dwellings don't reduce the total available in proportion to how many you hire. I'm about to load a saved game to illustrate. Hire more legendary unicorns, and see what happens. For me, I can hire all of them available, but then the display still shows the same number available. If I had enough cash, I think I could hire again and again, and still have the same number available.

This only happens with some dwellings, and the game still seems to be playable. If I weren't seeing this for myself, I haven't yet discerned it in the form of unusually fast AI troop growth. (You still need money to pay for the troops, anyway.) Still, I imagine you'll want to fix it before taking the mod out of beta.

The newly uploaded save is the only file dated 9/23.

EDIT 2: I just had an AI turn that included something like twenty messages involving ambiguous targets for dispel. In one case, the message while a blue hero was moving but wasn't in combat with anyone (suggesting the message may be getting triggered when the problem is actually something else).  In any case, I didn't get a crash--right then. I crashed when I tried to save right after. This crash seems to be reproducible, so I uploaded the save (another 9/23, this one ends in 0048. The previous upload was 0046).

I don't have time right now to see if the crash could be avoided by not saving right away. I'll test that later. But it's clear something is at least a little off.

EDIT 3: I tried backing up two saves, and I still end up with some kind of crash within two days, so I'm going to assume there's no way around this for now. Interestingly, the number and type of errors aren't always the same. Subsequent playthroughs of the same two days got a lot fewer ambiguous dispel target errors but picked up a couple of expected 0-20 and got 21 errors, followed by the dreaded resistance error (this one referencing spells 21 and 22).

I'm going to try with a new map to see how much of this is inevitable and how much might be dependent on circumstance.  


yes I need fix "AimedCaster" thingy. It kind of worked in earlier ERA versions, but not now.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Undeadgamer62
Undeadgamer62


Known Hero
posted September 23, 2021 10:00 PM

ERA has changed quite a bit in recent months. It must be hard to keep up with.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Jump To: « Prev Thread . . . Next Thread » This thread is 60 pages long: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10 20 30 40 50 ... 56 57 58 59 60 · «PREV / NEXT»
Post New Poll    Post New Topic    Post New Reply

Page compiled in 0.1143 seconds