Heroes of Might and Magic Community
visiting hero! Register | Today's Posts | Games | Search! | FAQ/Rules | AvatarList | MemberList | Profile


Age of Heroes Headlines:  
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
6 Aug 2016: Troubled Heroes VII Expansion Release - read more
26 Apr 2016: Heroes VII XPack - Trial by Fire - Coming out in June! - read more
17 Apr 2016: Global Alternative Creatures MOD for H7 after 1.8 Patch! - read more
7 Mar 2016: Romero launches a Piano Sonata Album Kickstarter! - read more
19 Feb 2016: Heroes 5.5 RC6, Heroes VII patch 1.7 are out! - read more
13 Jan 2016: Horn of the Abyss 1.4 Available for Download! - read more
17 Dec 2015: Heroes 5.5 update, 1.6 out for H7 - read more
23 Nov 2015: H7 1.4 & 1.5 patches Released - read more
31 Oct 2015: First H7 patches are out, End of DoC development - read more
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
[X] Remove Ads
LOGIN:     Username:     Password:         [ Register ]
HOMM1: info forum | HOMM2: info forum | HOMM3: info mods forum | HOMM4: info CTG forum | HOMM5: info mods forum | MMH6: wiki forum | MMH7: wiki forum
Heroes Community > Heroes 3.5 - WoG and Beyond > Thread: [Official Thread] HoMM 3: Horn of the Abyss - Announcements, Questions, Features
Thread: [Official Thread] HoMM 3: Horn of the Abyss - Announcements, Questions, Features This Popular Thread is 398 pages long: 1 50 100 150 200 250 300 350 ... 389 390 391 392 393 ... 398 · «PREV / NEXT»
mihaid
mihaid


Hired Hero
posted January 16, 2020 08:21 AM

Tordah said:

Quick tip to update HD_Launcher to work with 1.6 in wine, you need to run it as root only for updating. Then kill HD_Launcher and relaunch as regular user and everything will work.



You should never run any wine exe under root (see question 6.2 here: https://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ)

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Vylk
Vylk


Adventuring Hero
posted January 16, 2020 10:26 AM
Edited by Vylk at 10:27, 16 Jan 2020.

How cool is that now .



The rest are at the bottom:

http://forum.df2.ru/index.php?showtopic=28905&st=20&p=762146&#entry762146

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Liso1
Liso1


Known Hero
posted January 16, 2020 10:40 AM

new units

____________

Slovak Heroes 3 WoG Portal

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Rakso
Rakso


Adventuring Hero
posted January 16, 2020 11:56 AM

lol That's funny. I never thought I'll see a HotA screenshot with literally close to nothing from the original HoMM3 stuff. If one would replace the Earth Elemental with a Satyr or Leprechaun that whole screenshot would be 100% not HoMM3. Yet still I think not even a single one of WoG screenshots came any close to that. There's always some vanilla in either of them.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
gatecrasher
gatecrasher


Famous Hero
posted January 16, 2020 12:06 PM

Oh, Armadillo's a bit bigger than how I imagined it.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Liso1
Liso1


Known Hero
posted January 16, 2020 01:29 PM

Possible Factory lineup. What do you think? There's no flying unit yet... Maybe the "worm" will move underground.

____________

Slovak Heroes 3 WoG Portal

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Vylk
Vylk


Adventuring Hero
posted January 16, 2020 02:04 PM

I'd wager the flame thrower unit be 4th level.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
planetavril
planetavril


Known Hero
posted January 16, 2020 02:21 PM
Edited by planetavril at 14:21, 16 Jan 2020.

even the girl with the flamethrower is excellent,is the robot that I don't like

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
bloodsucker
bloodsucker


Legendary Hero
posted January 16, 2020 03:14 PM

I don't like it that much either but if the town is supposed to be Steampunk teamed it makes sense it is something of the like, don't you think?
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Vylk
Vylk


Adventuring Hero
posted January 16, 2020 03:18 PM

It's great!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
gatecrasher
gatecrasher


Famous Hero
posted January 16, 2020 03:31 PM
Edited by gatecrasher at 15:33, 16 Jan 2020.

Are those robots going to be prone to Water Magic just as those coal/steam-powered robot guards in Thief II you could shut down with water arrows?

Maybe rolling/Hasted Armadillos will get a jousting bonus.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
pellish
pellish


Famous Hero
posted January 16, 2020 03:50 PM

I like the robot. It looks very menacing. I can't imagine it being anything else than a lvl 7 unit though.

Can't wait for Factory!

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
gatecrasher
gatecrasher


Famous Hero
posted January 16, 2020 03:54 PM

A very tall DEF. On the upmost hexes the robots' smoke trail will even exceed the screen.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
planetavril
planetavril


Known Hero
posted January 16, 2020 04:01 PM
Edited by planetavril at 16:39, 16 Jan 2020.

bloodsucker said:
I don't like it that much either but if the town is supposed to be Steampunk teamed it makes sense it is something of the like, don't you think?


I don't know if I'm repetitive but I preferred a steampunk dragon



at least that the final shape of the robot is more rounded in some way resembling the armor of iron man

something like that:




 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
gatecrasher
gatecrasher


Famous Hero
posted January 16, 2020 04:09 PM

I'm glad we don't get the nth dragon.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Hourglass
Hourglass


Known Hero
posted January 16, 2020 05:56 PM

There's always some1 who will not care to go to the link to read the news, so here goes:

Armadillo is confirmed to be a tier 3 creature in the Factory line-up.  Armadillo is considered to be ready, but ofc there can be changes to the unit. Armadillo will not have any abilities, and it can be considered as a tanky unit. Note that in the screenshot, the walking range of the upgrared unit, Bellwether Armadillo, is considerable big - so while they can take some beating, this isn't as slow as something like Iron golem is. As a 2 hex unit, I suspect the armadillo to be very effective defender for your backline units.

The "big article" we've been waiting for since the release of 1.6 patch seems to be pushed to "propably early Ferbruary."
However, there's a high chance that we could get patch 1.6.1 this month. This seems to be mostly a bug fix patch, since players have reported numerous crashes.

[/news]

@Liso1

I would suspect the same line up as you. However, has the flamethrower woman really been confirmed as a tier 2 creature? As someone mentioned, the DEF of the robot guys is huge - at this point is hard to see it as anything less than tier 7. The worm looks very devestating as well, I'm very surprised if it turns out to be tier 4.

I really like the units in the screenshot, especially the flamethrower girl looks so badass with a burning cigarette and all. Looks like they went "all the way" with the flamethrower - some of the earlier desings showed much more primitive weapon, this is pretty modern style.


 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
bloodsucker
bloodsucker


Legendary Hero
posted January 16, 2020 06:26 PM

@planetavril I was thinking I would prefer something like the Heroes IV Dragon Golem...
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
LordInsane
LordInsane


Adventuring Hero
posted January 16, 2020 06:55 PM

Hourglass said:
There's always some1 who will not care to go to the link to read the news, so here goes:

Armadillo is confirmed to be a tier 3 creature in the Factory line-up.  Armadillo is considered to be ready, but ofc there can be changes to the unit. Armadillo will not have any abilities, and it can be considered as a tanky unit. Note that in the screenshot, the walking range of the upgrared unit, Bellwether Armadillo, is considerable big - so while they can take some beating, this isn't as slow as something like Iron golem is. As a 2 hex unit, I suspect the armadillo to be very effective defender for your backline units.

The "big article" we've been waiting for since the release of 1.6 patch seems to be pushed to "propably early Ferbruary."
However, there's a high chance that we could get patch 1.6.1 this month. This seems to be mostly a bug fix patch, since players have reported numerous crashes.

[/news]

@Liso1

I would suspect the same line up as you. However, has the flamethrower woman really been confirmed as a tier 2 creature? As someone mentioned, the DEF of the robot guys is huge - at this point is hard to see it as anything less than tier 7. The worm looks very devestating as well, I'm very surprised if it turns out to be tier 4.

I really like the units in the screenshot, especially the flamethrower girl looks so badass with a burning cigarette and all. Looks like they went "all the way" with the flamethrower - some of the earlier desings showed much more primitive weapon, this is pretty modern style.



If you mean Vylk's link, Google Translate isn't always reliable, so I am grateful that you provided a summarised translation.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
pellish
pellish


Famous Hero
posted January 16, 2020 07:03 PM
Edited by pellish at 19:04, 16 Jan 2020.

I am almost 100% certain the "big guy" will be the highest tier unit. Docent clarified it will be called "Dreadnought" and its upgrade "Juggernaut".

I believe these were the rumored names of Forge's highest level units as well so that's a nice reference.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
planetavril
planetavril


Known Hero
posted January 16, 2020 08:24 PM
Edited by planetavril at 20:27, 16 Jan 2020.

bloodsucker said:
@planetavril I was thinking I would prefer something like the Heroes IV Dragon Golem...



at least I'm not the only one who preferred a dragon,
but not like that of heroes IV

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Jump To: « Prev Thread . . . Next Thread » This Popular Thread is 398 pages long: 1 50 100 150 200 250 300 350 ... 389 390 391 392 393 ... 398 · «PREV / NEXT»
Post New Poll    Post New Topic    Post New Reply

Page compiled in 0.1275 seconds