Heroes of Might and Magic Community
visiting hero! Register | Today's Posts | Games | Search! | FAQ/Rules | AvatarList | MemberList | Profile


Age of Heroes Headlines:  
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
6 Aug 2016: Troubled Heroes VII Expansion Release - read more
26 Apr 2016: Heroes VII XPack - Trial by Fire - Coming out in June! - read more
17 Apr 2016: Global Alternative Creatures MOD for H7 after 1.8 Patch! - read more
7 Mar 2016: Romero launches a Piano Sonata Album Kickstarter! - read more
19 Feb 2016: Heroes 5.5 RC6, Heroes VII patch 1.7 are out! - read more
13 Jan 2016: Horn of the Abyss 1.4 Available for Download! - read more
17 Dec 2015: Heroes 5.5 update, 1.6 out for H7 - read more
23 Nov 2015: H7 1.4 & 1.5 patches Released - read more
31 Oct 2015: First H7 patches are out, End of DoC development - read more
5 Oct 2016: Heroes VII development comes to an end.. - read more
[X] Remove Ads
LOGIN:     Username:     Password:         [ Register ]
HOMM1: info forum | HOMM2: info forum | HOMM3: info mods forum | HOMM4: info CTG forum | HOMM5: info mods forum | MMH6: wiki forum | MMH7: wiki forum
Heroes Community > Heroes 3.5 - WoG and Beyond > Thread: [Official Thread] HoMM 3: Horn of the Abyss - Ideas and Suggestions
Thread: [Official Thread] HoMM 3: Horn of the Abyss - Ideas and Suggestions This Popular Thread is 153 pages long: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 30 60 90 120 ... 149 150 151 152 153 · «PREV / NEXT»
FirePaladin
FirePaladin


Supreme Hero
Undercover modder
posted June 27, 2020 04:21 PM

A fair point. That's what I'd want as well.
____________
"Goblins use pistols because a shotgun recoil would kick them off the ground flying."

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | PP | Quote Reply | Link
weilan
weilan


Hired Hero
posted June 27, 2020 04:45 PM

UntalentedHero said:
I have a suggestion that I suposse that has been given before because it is pretty obvious, but I have checked the forums and I have not seen any recent posts about it.

Well, my suggestion is to increase the maximum number of players to 12. With Cove there are 10 factions on the game, but there is only space for 8 of them as the main cities of the players. Now that the 11th faction (Factory) is going to come and that it has been implemented a Gigantic size for maps, I think that increasing the maximum number of players is only natural. The new colors could be black, white, yellow and... another I don't visualize

It is weird that HoTA's team hasn't done anything about it, so it is entirely possible that there are reasons against it that I don't know.

Anyway, what are your opinions about this?


I also agree with that - a game with even more players will be so much fun.

I've wished for this to be a reality many years ago.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Hourglass
Hourglass


Famous Hero
posted June 27, 2020 06:25 PM

UntalentedHero said:
I have a suggestion that I suposse that has been given before because it is pretty obvious, but I have checked the forums and I have not seen any recent posts about it.

Well, my suggestion is to increase the maximum number of players to 12. With Cove there are 10 factions on the game, but there is only space for 8 of them as the main cities of the players. Now that the 11th faction (Factory) is going to come and that it has been implemented a Gigantic size for maps, I think that increasing the maximum number of players is only natural. The new colors could be black, white, yellow and... another I don't visualize

It is weird that HoTA's team hasn't done anything about it, so it is entirely possible that there are reasons against it that I don't know.

Anyway, what are your opinions about this?


Ofc, this would be really cool and I would definetly want to see this happen as well, but - to my knowledge - unfortunately this isn't possible due how the game has been coded. It's very likely the player count will never increase above 8.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
P4R4D0X0N
P4R4D0X0N


Famous Hero
posted June 27, 2020 07:11 PM
Edited by P4R4D0X0N at 19:14, 27 Jun 2020.

UntalentedHero said:
I have a suggestion that I suposse that has been given before because it is pretty obvious, but I have checked the forums and I have not seen any recent posts about it.

Well, my suggestion is to increase the maximum number of players to 12. With Cove there are 10 factions on the game, but there is only space for 8 of them as the main cities of the players. Now that the 11th faction (Factory) is going to come and that it has been implemented a Gigantic size for maps, I think that increasing the maximum number of players is only natural. The new colors could be black, white, yellow and... another I don't visualize

It is weird that HoTA's team hasn't done anything about it, so it is entirely possible that there are reasons against it that I don't know.

Anyway, what are your opinions about this?


It was already discussed here and already said many years ago that it isnt possible due to hardcode to add more... 8 players (bit) is the limit except you want to rewrite like the whole game for it. That wont happen... so better just forget it...

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
luk3Z
luk3Z


Hired Hero
posted June 28, 2020 10:12 PM

Please add fire vulnerability to Dendroids.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
MattII
MattII


Legendary Hero
posted June 30, 2020 10:31 AM

luk3Z said:
Please add fire vulnerability to Dendroids.
Why? Sure wood burns, but you can't set a log alight with a match.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
weilan
weilan


Hired Hero
posted June 30, 2020 03:33 PM

MattII said:
luk3Z said:
Please add fire vulnerability to Dendroids.
Why? Sure wood burns, but you can't set a log alight with a match.


Also dead, dry wood burns easier, live, fresh wood, especially animated one like Dendroids should be the hardest to set on fire.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
UntalentedHero
UntalentedHero

Tavern Dweller
posted June 30, 2020 08:54 PM

Hourglass said:
Ofc, this would be really cool and I would definetly want to see this happen as well, but - to my knowledge - unfortunately this isn't possible due how the game has been coded. It's very likely the player count will never increase above 8.


Well, that's sad. It looks like the code of this game is giving us a lot of disappointments.

In any case, a man can dream...

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Ghost
Ghost


Legendary Hero
Therefore I am
posted June 30, 2020 09:05 PM

weilan said:
MattII said:
luk3Z said:
Please add fire vulnerability to Dendroids.
Why? Sure wood burns, but you can't set a log alight with a match.


Also dead, dry wood burns easier, live, fresh wood, especially animated one like Dendroids should be the hardest to set on fire.


Should also blood? We cannot accept violence. Do your/our child plays violence? I recommend you play ERA. Example of naked pixie from Fredobject. You can create violence and porn in the ERA. Today animated Dendroids are ok.
____________
Fight MWMs - stand teach

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
weilan
weilan


Hired Hero
posted June 30, 2020 09:32 PM

Ghost said:
weilan said:
MattII said:
luk3Z said:
Please add fire vulnerability to Dendroids.
Why? Sure wood burns, but you can't set a log alight with a match.


Also dead, dry wood burns easier, live, fresh wood, especially animated one like Dendroids should be the hardest to set on fire.


Should also blood? We cannot accept violence. Do your/our child plays violence? I recommend you play ERA. Example of naked pixie from Fredobject. You can create violence and porn in the ERA. Today animated Dendroids are ok.



 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Ghost
Ghost


Legendary Hero
Therefore I am
posted June 30, 2020 09:42 PM

Do I understood right that you want death animated Dendroids? Then not suitable for a child.
____________
Fight MWMs - stand teach

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
weilan
weilan


Hired Hero
posted July 01, 2020 09:12 AM
Edited by weilan at 09:22, 01 Jul 2020.

No, you understand wrong. Your English apparently isn't good enough to understand what I had in mind. And I don't mean it in any insulting way, you just can't understand simple things and that's hampering the overall communication.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Aciel
Aciel

Tavern Dweller
posted July 01, 2020 06:00 PM

weilan said:
No, you understand wrong. Your English apparently isn't good enough to understand what I had in mind. And I don't mean it in any insulting way, you just can't understand simple things and that's hampering the overall communication.


I second it. I think he probably uses some online translator to communicate.
____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Ghost
Ghost


Legendary Hero
Therefore I am
posted July 01, 2020 06:11 PM

I doubt it. But thing isn't serious. Useless talk about English skill in Russia.
____________
Fight MWMs - stand teach

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
wojtulace
wojtulace

Tavern Dweller
posted July 03, 2020 12:12 PM

"I'd much rather see the HoTA team rebalance spelsl in general and making each magic school equally viable, and especially spells that rarely get used. I know this has been discussed a lot before, but I think that making all spells more viable, not just the ones that damage your opponent or slow/blind them, it will really make the game more interesting."

I think magic needs heavy rebalancing and yes, damage spells can scale into lategame as proven by HoMM V.

"Learning - like somebody in this forum suggested, that should give +stat bonuses. I think that for the skill to be worthwile, it should give +5 to all stats on Expert on 20lv, so one primary skill more per level. On basic it could be +1 every 3 levels, on advanced + 1 every 2 levels."

That's how it works in HoMM V.


This is my idea for First Aid.

Tent HP:  100 + 25*Lvl


Aid Basic:    Heals 100 HP
Aid Advanced: Heals 150 HP and casts Cure (without heal part)
Aid Expert:   Heals 500 HP, casts Cure on allies and Plague (Zombie effect) on enemies, which decreases attack and defense by 5 for 3 turns.

OR

Aid Basic:    Heals 100 HP
Aid Advanced: Heals 150 HP
Aid Expert:   Heals (Lvl/(Lvl+10))*Lvl*50 HP. Excessive healing ressurects units.  



 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Aciel
Aciel

Tavern Dweller
posted July 03, 2020 10:54 PM

I like the scaling, maybe it's even too powerful, but it's hard to say without playing it first.
First Aid specialization heroes would have to be nerfed, that's for sure.

I do agree that First Aid lv scaling + Resurrect on Expert + ability to cast debuffs on enemies would "heal" the skill.


____________

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
wojtulace
wojtulace

Tavern Dweller
posted July 04, 2020 11:15 AM
Edited by wojtulace at 11:24, 04 Jul 2020.

These are just ideas from Heroes V. I believe FirstAid Ressurection should be weak early levels and stronger later in the game (there could be more appropriate formula to achieve that).

Variant 3

Aid Basic: Heals 100 HP.
Aid Advanced: Heals 150 HP. Casts Plague (Zombie effect) on enemies, which decreases attack and defense by 3 for 3 turns.
Aid Expert: Heals (Lvl/(Lvl+10))*Lvl*50 HP. Excessive healing ressurects units. Casts Plague (Zombie effect) on enemies, which decreases attack and defense by 5 for 3 turns.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
sirironfist
sirironfist


Known Hero
King of the ogres
posted July 04, 2020 11:37 AM
Edited by sirironfist at 11:38, 04 Jul 2020.

One thing I find, is that black towers are too harmless. You can beat one red or green dragon easily in week 1, even day 1. Since this tower really is the most anticipated building you can build in Heroes 2, I think it should be a little more dangerous. I love the fact that it was implemented, but I'd suggest maybe adding the possibility of encountering a black or golden dragon and then not only 1 but maybe 1-4.

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
P4R4D0X0N
P4R4D0X0N


Famous Hero
posted July 04, 2020 10:53 PM

wojtulace said:
That's how it works in HoMM V.


This is my idea for First Aid.

Tent HP:  100 + 25*Lvl


Aid Basic:    Heals 100 HP
Aid Advanced: Heals 150 HP and casts Cure (without heal part)
Aid Expert:   Heals 500 HP, casts Cure on allies and Plague (Zombie effect) on enemies, which decreases attack and defense by 5 for 3 turns.

OR

Aid Basic:    Heals 100 HP
Aid Advanced: Heals 150 HP
Aid Expert:   Heals (Lvl/(Lvl+10))*Lvl*50 HP. Excessive healing ressurects units.  



Why using straight values and in the end a formula?
Anyway thats ur values, rounded to full numbers. Imho it doesn't make any sense... so a char below lvl 7 (most likely) with expert first aid  is worse than advanced healing. should be 150+lvl...anything

1 5
2 17
3 35
4 57
5 83
6 113
7 144
8 178
9 213
10 250
11 288
12 327
13 367
14 408
15 450
16 492
17 535
18 579
19 622
20 667
21 711
22 756
23 802
24 847
25 893
26 939
27 985
28 1032
29 1078
30 1125
31 1172


 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
sirironfist
sirironfist


Known Hero
King of the ogres
posted July 05, 2020 01:48 PM

Another cool thing would be the Heroes 2 town defender. It would allow you to cast with something like 2 spell power and 2 knowledge, when no hero is available. That defender could be varying in stats depending on the faction (maybe he could have stats just like a starting hero of the faction).

 Send Instant Message | Send E-Mail | View Profile | Quote Reply | Link
Jump To: « Prev Thread . . . Next Thread » This Popular Thread is 153 pages long: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 30 60 90 120 ... 149 150 151 152 153 · «PREV / NEXT»
Post New Poll    Post New Topic    Post New Reply

Page compiled in 0.1002 seconds